Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244465 times)
kerry red

« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:52:58 »

It's fucking Crawley - the team with the worst away record in the league.

Bradford will probably be a bit more problematic, but we should win that as well.

Crewe away followed by 2 more home games and we'll all feel do much better!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:01:04 »

When was the last time we won at Crewe? They've picked up loads recently, have an ex-town player (and a decent goalscorer) and our away from has gone from brilliant to shit. That one concerns me!
kerry red

« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:06:07 »

Lost to Donny last night - who have one of the shittest home records.

If we're wobbling about Crewe we might as well give up
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:10:47 »

When was the last time we won at Crewe? They've picked up loads recently, have an ex-town player (and a decent goalscorer) and our away from has gone from brilliant to shit. That one concerns me!

2003, we've failed to win there a good few times since.

Our season is definitely at a crossroads....the hope for auto, is now looking a bit dodgy, doesn't necessarily mean it's a goner as it is in our own hands, but it may be more realistic to turn our attentions to ensuring a PO place...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:34:02 »

Our season is definitely at a crossroads....the hope for auto, is now looking a bit dodgy, doesn't necessarily mean it's a goner as it is in our own hands, but it may be more realistic to turn our attentions to ensuring a PO place...

Are you sure we aren't going to get relegated then?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:36:47 »

Would certainly take a point, but on average I think this should be our aim for our remaining away games, on the proviso of winning our remaining home games.

Believe the bare minimum we should be picking up is 10 out of 15 points from the next 5 games, but really should be 12/13 to maintain the auto push.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 11:45:37 »

"Lost to Donny last night - who have one of the shittest home records."

Donny's home record is certainly crap compared to their away record but was amazed to find that they now occupy final play off place so clearly have been on a bit of a run.

Earlier in season we were picking up wins at places like Orient and Notts County where our recent record had been awful defeat at Sheff U, Oldham and Scunny seems to have brought that to bit of an end. We definitely need to start winning at places like Crewe again to keep  up their and challenging for an automatic promotion spot

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:06:29 »

It's fucking Crawley - the team with the worst away record in the league.

Bradford will probably be a bit more problematic, but we should win that as well.

Crewe away followed by 2 more home games and we'll all feel do much better!

I saw the goals from Crawley's 5-1 win against Barnsley and I think all 5 came from absolute gifts from a woeful Barnsley side. Make no bones about it, Crawley are not very good and if we don't beat them i'll be mightily irritated.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
forward

« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:09:01 »

Ridiculous suggestion.

We need about a point a game to make the playoffs. Relegation form.

If we are going to end up in the playoffs, then for the sake of our chances it should be with a bit of momentum and ambition about us, rather than scratching around and clinging on for draws against no-mark teams. I think we've seen proof of that often enough.

Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:22:30 »

No need to be concerned. It's very much in our hands. We have a game in hand and have to play both MK and City over easter weekend. Providing we can match or better their results between now and then we'll be fine. Inevitably we are in a sticky patch, we just need to get back to basics and we'll come good again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:26:40 »

Ridiculous suggestion.

We need about a point a game to make the playoffs. Relegation form.

If we are going to end up in the playoffs, then for the sake of our chances it should be with a bit of momentum and ambition about us, rather than scratching around and clinging on for draws against no-mark teams. I think we've seen proof of that often enough.

And our recent form over the last 4 is < a point a game....I would say that all the teams in Div 3 are reasonably competitive, there are some though for whom it is a good time to catch them....a fact of which you may not be aware of at the time.

I would imagine, that sides will now be thinking it's a good time to catch us....the great thing about Div 3 this season, is you just don't know what you're going to get....the likes of Scunny, Donny and Gills can go from looking over their shoulder at the relegation places to being Po contenders in the space of a fortnight....similarly the likes of Dale and Notts, go from PO places to sinking ships in a few weeks.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:50:42 »

And our recent form over the last 4 is < a point a game....I would say that all the teams in Div 3 are reasonably competitive, there are some though for whom it is a good time to catch them....a fact of which you may not be aware of at the time.

I would imagine, that sides will now be thinking it's a good time to catch us....the great thing about Div 3 this season, is you just don't know what you're going to get....the likes of Scunny, Donny and Gills can go from looking over their shoulder at the relegation places to being Po contenders in the space of a fortnight....similarly the likes of Dale and Notts, go from PO places to sinking ships in a few weeks.

As demonstrated that 7 points seperate 6th from 18th!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/tables
forward

« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 13:18:14 »

In mid-October / early November, we had a similar spell, with 5 points from 5 games. Relegation form, as you would no doubt have hastened to point out.

We followed that up with 9 wins and a draw from the following 11, probably because we're a reasonably good team.

I'm sure fucking Gillingham think it would be lovely to catch us, but even your selective tunnel vision should recognise that this isn't very likely.

And if from here we were to completely implode and be scrapping for 6th place on May 2nd, we might just as well miss out altogether anyway.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 14:06:41 »

Well this thread escalated quickly...  PANIC!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 14:10:40 »

Well this thread escalated quickly...  PANIC!

I believe Ardiles is the guardian of the button...but he's not got it out yet...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: