Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244547 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:24:57 »

If he had one, he wouldn't need to come up with one.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:44:02 »

Still too many games left to confidently predict what our final position will be. My gut feeling is that we'll come up short for the automatic places and probably finish 3rd or 4th. Preston, currently in 4th, have a game in hand on us and are only a point behind.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and we go up in 2nd, but if we don't it's back to the lottery of the play offs. Whatever happens, this season has been a very good one.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:48:58 »

Well to only be 2 points behind 2nd after this bad run is a good sign. If we have a good month in April (assuming we are still in the mix then) we have every chance.

I reckon 5 more wins will be enough for the play offs. If we don't make the top 6 now it will be beyond an epic failure.
kerry red

« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:12:13 »

When was the last time we got a goal from an opponent's defensive howler?

We have to work so hard to score our goals and yet we manage to gift at least one every single game.

Sort that out, if we can, and autos are well within grasp.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:45:08 »

When was the last time we got a goal from an opponent's defensive howler?

We have to work so hard to score our goals and yet we manage to gift at least one every single game.

Sort that out, if we can, and autos are well within grasp.

We try to walk the ball into the net, stopping the oppositions defence from being able to make howlers..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 10:20:24 »

Still too many games left to confidently predict what our final position will be. My gut feeling is that we'll come up short for the automatic places and probably finish 3rd or 4th. Preston, currently in 4th, have a game in hand on us and are only a point behind.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and we go up in 2nd, but if we don't it's back to the lottery of the play offs. Whatever happens, this season has been a very good one.

Tend to agree with this... I was pretty confident in making the top 2 before the mini implosion. Top 6 would be an amazing season on the face of it, but after being top 2 for so long I'd still feel a little bit disappointed. Not to mention the playoffs in recent history has given us nothing but disappointment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 10:52:14 »

Well to only be 2 points behind 2nd after this bad run is a good sign. If we have a good month in April (assuming we are still in the mix then) we have every chance.

I reckon 5 more wins will be enough for the play offs. If we don't make the top 6 now it will be beyond an epic failure.

Last night was a significant win, insofar as we now have a 15 point gap to 7th, or 14 if we give Oldham a win for their game in hand.....72 is usually about the par points for 6th, meaning the likes of Oldham, Donny, Fleetwood etc will need to be winning something like 9 out of 14 to get there....not likely, so the final PO cut off could be something like 69/70 this year.  3 more wins and a couple of draws should see us OK for that.

I've no idea how Blades fixtures look, but I've a feeling they may have played the top 3 twice already, but they've a game in hand so are just about in the mix for auto....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 11:01:59 »

So, who would you like in the PO semis Reg? Preston?  Be good to meet up with Thor for a pie pint.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 11:06:14 »

I suppose that if we do end up in the POs, the best bet is to finish third and play a much more average side than any of the current top 5. That said, finishing outside the top 2 will be gutting. Hopefully our blip is over and other teams still have one to come.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 11:20:04 »

Seven winnable games before Easter so hopefully we can put another run together and start putting pressure back onto Dongs and Preston before we play them in April. Going up via the play- offs would be good financially but too nerve wracking.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 11:25:17 »

So, who would you like in the PO semis Reg? Preston?  Be good to meet up with Thor for a pie pint.

Really too far out yet to see how it will pan out....but by way of idle speculation, as RfE points out finishing third could be helpful, as the 6th spot, is, as things stand likely to occupied by any one of about a dozen teams.

For example Scunny must be gutted to have lost to Barnsley last night, as it would have put them 2 points off the PO's....whereas Barnsley eased their relegation worries and doing so are now 4 points off the PO's  Smiley

I'll leave meeting Thor to you....looks like he has a problem with body odour and hexapod/arachnid vermin.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 17:38:24 »

I'm impressed you think we might still make the play-offs Reg. Remarkably upbeat for you Smiley
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 19:49:18 »

Reading a Franchise forum is bizarre. They seem to place a great deal of importance in what Kingston Robin says.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Friday, February 27, 2015, 00:23:09 »

Quietly confident we will succeed on the last game of the season

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #419 on: Friday, February 27, 2015, 10:14:14 »

We've been written out the race for 2nd by Franchise fans 😂

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: