NBA is better than NFL. That is all.

in other words Netball > Girl rugby

Wink
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 14:23:24 »

Don't forget rounders, which is also popular with the septics.

It's All Good..............
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 14:35:21 »

Went to Raiders v Dolphins this season and really enjoyed the experience and 'razzmatazz', game itself would've been a lot better if not so one-sided.
Seahawks tonight...go hawks! :-)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 16:04:06 »

I see what you're saying here, but don't we have an incredible amount of passionate NFL followers on this side of the pond?
Absolutely true. But the point is that the vast majority don't care who wins.  At the Falcons v Lions game, most of the crowd (myself included) were cheering on the Falcons when they were going 21-0 up and then cheering on the Lions when they started to come back and eventually won 22-21. There's nothing wrong with that but it does make for a rather unusual exhibition type atmosphere for what is a serious regular season game (and the game itself is no different to what you would get in the US).

I wouldn't discourage anyone from going to Wembley, I've been to about 6 games there myself and enjoyed them. I'm just saying that I would much much rather go to a game over there, which is what I will be doing this year and therefore not bothering with any of the Wembley games (plus I don't find any of them particularly attractive this year - purely my own subjective opinion).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 16:15:48 »

in other words Netball > Girl rugby

Wink
Tell that to Ndamukong Suh.

or James Harrison...

I'm sure they would be fascinated to hear your opinion and would be keen to engage in a lively debate on the subject...  Wink  Cool
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 16:19:02 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 16:43:36 »

Absolutely true. But the point is that the vast majority don't care who wins.  At the Falcons v Lions game, most of the crowd (myself included) were cheering on the Falcons when they were going 21-0 up and then cheering on the Lions when they started to come back and eventually won 22-21. There's nothing wrong with that but it does make for a rather unusual exhibition type atmosphere for what is a serious regular season game (and the game itself is no different to what you would get in the US).

I wouldn't discourage anyone from going to Wembley, I've been to about 6 games there myself and enjoyed them. I'm just saying that I would much much rather go to a game over there, which is what I will be doing this year and therefore not bothering with any of the Wembley games (plus I don't find any of them particularly attractive this year - purely my own subjective opinion).

That's cool, I'm glad you've enjoyed them. I've heard a lot of good things about the Wembley games, I've also heard a few negative things. I just hope I can get tickets in the category I'm willing to pay for :-) I'm sure it won't be an issue. I don't expext them to sell out completely tomorrow.... based on what, I don't know!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 17:20:40 »

Went to the Falcons game at Wembley this year, also been to a few games in the US.  Used to play the game when I was a lot younger and am a big fan.  A lot of people that slate the game just don't understand it.

Although it is an experience and spectacle watching it live, I prefer to watch on TV..  You can always get tickets for these games, even though they sell out, a lot of them are bought up by ticket companies or re-sold later on.  I bought my Falcons tickets 2 weeks before the game and there were thousands available.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 17:23:42 »

Went to the Falcons game at Wembley this year, also been to a few games in the US.  Used to play the game when I was a lot younger and am a big fan.  A lot of people that slate the game just don't understand it.

Although it is an experience and spectacle watching it live, I prefer to watch on TV..  You can always get tickets for these games, even though they sell out, a lot of them are bought up by ticket companies or re-sold later on.  I bought my Falcons tickets 2 weeks before the game and there were thousands available.

Fantastic, that fills me with a bit more confidence. Thanks.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 17:32:12 »

That's cool, I'm glad you've enjoyed them. I've heard a lot of good things about the Wembley games, I've also heard a few negative things. I just hope I can get tickets in the category I'm willing to pay for :-) I'm sure it won't be an issue. I don't expext them to sell out completely tomorrow.... based on what, I don't know!!
I wouldn't say there's anything actually negative about the games at all. If you're into the NFL you will enjoy it. And I guarantee 100% that you will get tickets.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 17:35:29 »

I wouldn't say there's anything actually negative about the games at all. If you're into the NFL you will enjoy it. And I guarantee 100% that you will get tickets.

Awesome, thanks :-)

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 17:41:56 »

For me, that makes a huge difference. Imagine Swindon v Chesterfield being played at some stadium in the US with, say 300 Town fans, 100 Chesterfield fans and 10,000 neutral Yanks. I somehow think it would all be rather far removed from your typical Saturday County Ground experience.

Think that's a poor comparison! Went to Raiders v Seahawks a (fair) few years ago, and despite the cheerleaders we met the day before explaining how "crazy" the fans were it basically came down to a chant of "de-fence".. Smiley

Nah, I get the point really, I agree that a partisan crowd makes for a better atmosphere. I just wondered if they changed the 'NFL experience' that they provided compared to a home game.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 18:40:03 »

I've been to quite a few games in the US when I lived there, and 3 games here in the last few years. Here are my thoughts...

1. Having a 85,000 crowd of "observers" doesn't make for a good atmosphere, unfortunately. I still think it's odd that there are so many people wearing shirts of teams that are not actually playing. So you don't get the same passion.

2. Choose a game that will be close. All of the games I went to were over before halftime.

3. Don't go unless you are prepared to embrace all the americanisms. It's the NFL,  so yes, there are lots of breaks.

4. Get there very early. They have a lot of things going on, 4 or more hours before the game.

5. Buy the best tickets you can. I bought the "cheap" ones the first time, and it was like watching it on TV, except without the commentary.

Hope that helps!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 18:51:28 »

I've been to quite a few games in the US when I lived there, and 3 games here in the last few years. Here are my thoughts...

1. Having a 85,000 crowd of "observers" doesn't make for a good atmosphere, unfortunately. I still think it's odd that there are so many people wearing shirts of teams that are not actually playing. So you don't get the same passion.

2. Choose a game that will be close. All of the games I went to were over before halftime.

3. Don't go unless you are prepared to embrace all the americanisms. It's the NFL,  so yes, there are lots of breaks.

4. Get there very early. They have a lot of things going on, 4 or more hours before the game.

5. Buy the best tickets you can. I bought the "cheap" ones the first time, and it was like watching it on TV, except without the commentary.

Hope that helps!

How do you do that exactly?  Hmmm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: