Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 22694 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
NFL
« on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:40:05 »

Anyone a fan?... Anyone been to any of the Wembley games? Very tempted to go this year with tickets on general sale tomorrow at 10am. Anyone know if they completely sell out straight away? (I'm looking for upper-tier side line or upper end zone seats I reckon..)

Roaming the land while you sleep..
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:49:09 »

Moved to sports forum.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:53:26 »

I've been a few times. It's a bit too 'exhibitiony' for my liking but if you're just getting in to it, I recommend that you give it a go.

Tickets sell reasonably quickly and I'd avoid watching the Jaguars, it's just not a competition when they play due to their awfulness.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:11:04 »

Been once last year but only because it was the Falcons and they are my team.

I'm with Contanza, it very touristy and nothing like the real gameday experience I got from 2 games I saw in the States. It's good for seeing a game if you haven't seen one live before though. Tickets go very quickly and it always sells out.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:11:34 »

I've been a few times. It's a bit too 'exhibitiony' for my liking but if you're just getting in to it, I recommend that you give it a go.

Tickets sell reasonably quickly and I'd avoid watching the Jaguars, it's just not a competition when they play due to their awfulness.

Ha thanks, I've been in the States and it's very much an exhibition there too (which I actually quite enjoy, to be fair), it's your typical American sport, I guess. And funnily enough I've got a slight affiliation with the Bills so it will be the Bills @ Jaguars match! - Still I don't really wanna pay more than £50 per ticket so fingers crossed on getting them straight away.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:12:05 »

Been once last year but only because it was the Falcons and they are my team.

I'm with Contanza, it very touristy and nothing like the real gameday experience I got from 2 games I saw in the States. It's good for seeing a game if you haven't seen one live before though. Tickets go very quickly and it always sells out.

That's cool, thanks. I've been, just not over here  Grin

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:12:53 »

Anyone a fan?... Anyone been to any of the Wembley games? Very tempted to go this year with tickets on general sale tomorrow at 10am. Anyone know if they completely sell out straight away? (I'm looking for upper-tier side line or upper end zone seats I reckon..)
Tickets won't sell out straight away, you'll have no problems on that score. I would much rather see the 'real thing' Across The Pond but if it's on your door step you might as well go. The Falcons v Lions game was arguably the best they've had at Wembey although you may disagree if you are a Falcons fan  Wink
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:19:14 »

Tickets won't sell out straight away, you'll have no problems on that score. I would much rather see the 'real thing' Across The Pond but if it's on your door step you might as well go. The Falcons v Lions game was arguably the best they've had at Wembey although you may disagree if you are a Falcons fan  Wink

Yeah I get what you mean, although... plane tickets would be more expensive than £45  Cheesy

Hopefully I'll be able to get the tickets I want tomorrow then! Here's hoping!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:19:49 »

What do they do differently than in the USA as a matter of interest.

The had a couple of NHL games at the O2 a few years ago, and to be honest the game day experience was pretty damn close to stateside. The only real difference was obviously the crowd, a real euro mix of fans, whereas states side its (usually) almost exclusively home fans.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:36:40 »

The had a couple of NHL games at the O2 a few years ago, and to be honest the game day experience was pretty damn close to stateside. The only real difference was obviously the crowd, a real euro mix of fans, whereas states side its (usually) almost exclusively home fans.

Having never been to a game here, it's hard to compare, but I've been to a couple of regular season matches plus a couple of college matches over in the states and they all seemed to have, very much, a carnival atmosphere. It was pretty spectacular.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:38:24 »

Pretty much for the reasons you said for me.

At Wembley you are sat amongst 90% of people who don't care who wins as opposed to being sat amongst a passionate home crowd. Still good to watch a live game and a totally different perspective from watching on the box.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:10:27 »

For me, that makes a huge difference. Imagine Swindon v Chesterfield being played at some stadium in the US with, say 300 Town fans, 100 Chesterfield fans and 10,000 neutral Yanks. I somehow think it would all be rather far removed from your typical Saturday County Ground experience.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:40:46 »

For me, that makes a huge difference. Imagine Swindon v Chesterfield being played at some stadium in the US with, say 300 Town fans, 100 Chesterfield fans and 10,000 neutral Yanks. I somehow think it would all be rather far removed from your typical Saturday County Ground experience.

I see what you're saying here, but don't we have an incredible amount of passionate NFL followers on this side of the pond?

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:46:37 »

I've never been to Wembley to watch NFL, but I did go to the Coliseum to see the Raiders pre-season this year. Never really fancied Wembley purely based on costs

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:50:51 »

I've never been to Wembley to watch NFL, but I did go to the Coliseum to see the Raiders pre-season this year. Never really fancied Wembley purely based on costs

I didn't think they looked too bad.. well, certainly the £37.50 or £45 ones.. plus the views aren't too bad anywhere in the ground. I'll give it a miss if I was only able to get the £70+ ones..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: