Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chin up  (Read 33677 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 11:11:12 »

Stats say it all?

Bristol City v Notts County Match Day Thread. 292 Replies
Coventry vs Swindon. 243 replies and still chatting shit.

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT US. NOT ONE BIT
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 11:33:18 »

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 11:36:35 »

More Swindon fans are posting now so that usually results in about 10 knee-jerk responses per post.

A lot of their posts are blown out of proportion by the time they're relayed on TEF but lots of them are really focusing on how Town are cheats, like Steve Cotterill's created some kind of 'Corinthian spirit'. Which is quite funny.

It's also interesting that since Power came out with the 'City's budget is 10x bigger' line, Cotterill has tried to downplay the size of their budget in reality... Like the rest of us in L1 are that stupid.
kerry red

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 11:38:48 »

An independent view from a Preston fan

Gerry Gow, on 11 Jan 2015 - 15:10, said:

It's getting to the point where I think it's jealousy. Top of the league and having a chance to buy quality players.
    If it isn't jealousy, what else is it? I'm interested.

Jealousy? Give over!

It's just the constant self back slapping you give each other over absolutely everything. It's fucking infuriatingly tiresome mate.

You all go on like you're Barcelona, when in truth, you're just a slightly above average League one side.

As someone else pointed out earlier, we had Wolves with us last season; they were by far the best team this division has probably ever seen, yet they were infinitely more modest about it.

There are ways to conduct yourself in all walks of life, and if you're constantly blowing your own trumpet at every opportunity and on every single fucking thread on the forum.....it's going to piss people off. Which we're now starting to see.

And just to illustrate my point, your reaction to it, is to come out with this quote, and dismiss it all as jealousy? Fuck off eh mate. Jesus Christ.

I've actually no 'beef' with Bristol City FC whatsoever, after all, PNE & your lot are supposed to have some sort of weird bromance going on but, by fucking Christ, your fans are testing my patience this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:42:54 »

Bristol City 1982 ltd have tabled a bid for Messi after hearing he wants to end his career at Barcelona.

After being told, "yeah, but you aren't Barcelona, a PNE fan said so", there was much confusion amongst the clubs massive fan base, who also feel its only a matter of time before their massive offer for the player will be accepted.

FACT.
lambourn red

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:16:09 »

They are the gift that keeps on giving, surely there is a law about that many retarded people congregating in one place.

"Longer term though, should we both go up, how the Donald duck are Swindon going to maintain Championship status? They've got where they are through a very shrewd manager (who will inevitably be poached and not adequately replaced), exploiting the loan market (not sustainable long term) and cheating (for which they will be found out for at some point). In sum, they have got where they are by hook or by crook. All this on attendances of 6,000ish.

I don't know the ins and outs of Brentford or Rotherham but whatever is happening at those two appears to be entirely more wholesome than at Swindon.

They can not defy the odds indefinitely, I wouldn't have thought. Can they? "
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:21:09 »

in fairness, I've no idea how we'd maintain Championship football either. I'd like to find out whether we could. Still not sure how we are cheating, and unwholesome mind.

That said, I've no idea whether City can sustain championship football either. Their recent history suggests that blowing £10M+ a season doesn't work for them. Who is to say our way isn't better. It's certainly cheaper.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:28:03 »

This thread is pure comic gold, thanks for an entertaining lunch break!!!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:35:21 »

Ha, have city ever averaged above 20,000 at any level? Be interesting to see what happens when their ground development is completed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:45:44 »

Ha, have city ever averaged above 20,000 at any level? Be interesting to see what happens when their ground development is completed.
Yes when they were in the top division in the late 70's.

76/77 23,522
77/78 23,357
78/79 22,306

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:47:45 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:57:11 »

We did just over 20k for one season (not top flight).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 14:01:53 »

We did just over 20k for one season (not top flight).
We did, the first season back in the old Div 2 in 69/70.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 14:17:34 »

76/77 23,522
77/78 23,357
78/79 22,306

That sites quite interesting - illustrates how grim c.1999 to c.2005 were for town!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 14:28:20 »

76/77 23,522
77/78 23,357
78/79 22,306

That's before 1982 Ltd was formed.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 14:31:27 »

Haven't seen any mention of this anywhere else but it was on Sky Sports yesterday.

Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill spoke to SSNHQ earlier, saying the club would struggle financially in the Championship if they were to go up. His side are currently three points clear at the top of League One.

“Our playing budget probably isn’t as big as a couple of teams in our league. Everybody will say ‘I don’t believe that’, but it’s a fact. We have a chief executive who speaks to a few people so we know what is going on.

"What has helped us is we have had some finances to go and cherry pick a few players. So we have been able to do that to buy some young players but then we have ended up getting that money back in and are in the plus column because we sold Sam Baldock, so thankfully that has worked out well in the end.

"We have been able to cherry pick our players but if we go into the Championship we would be struggling with what we are on that’s for sure.”

He does himself no favours by speaking out about "hard done by City" all the man ever does is whinge whinge whinge about everything not being fair.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: