Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49551 times)
kerry red

« Reply #300 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 15:25:58 »

I think it was livelier because of PDC geeing everything up all the time, and the style of play which was all about breaking quickly, over-powering the opposition and forcing goals, rather than patiently picking passes and runs to unlock teams with a well worked move.

I actually had more fun watching the PDC team, especially with the "no-one likes us, we don't care" spirit that having PDC as manager brought with it.  Great fun.  This current team don't foster that same crowd participation and involvement for the most part, but they're great to watch as footballers and you can't argue with Cooper and Power doing it on much more limited resources with a young team full of potential either here or with sell on value.

You have to concentrate watching our lot - it actually does take some effort. You sort of get immersed in the play.

I enjoy it immensely
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:18:37 »

You have to concentrate watching our lot - it actually does take some effort. You sort of get immersed in the play.

I enjoy it immensely

Agree with that. Our play these days is like a novel with a rich and intricate plot, where you wait for the twist, as opposed to the 'wham bam pow' comic action of the PDC era. Both effective, and both enthralling in their own way.
kerry red

« Reply #302 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:42:04 »

Hence, why The Emirates is known as The Library
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:02:38 »

N Ht

I enjoy it immensely

Agree with that. I love watching us play this season. I'm looking forward to going to matches because of the style of play, not out of a sense of duty like out was when King was in charge ( for example).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:37:54 »

I love watching us this season. Genuinely. I am more geeky than most here but I like watching the patters, the shape of play. Seeing how the team shifts from one side to another, overloading a flank then switching to the other. Seeing the different movements added to change how we come out from the back, responding to how others play... You can see the team evolving.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 22:08:11 »

I'm not criticising this team, quite the opposite, the age of player and their origin - well we shouldn't be where we are. They shouldn't be as good as they have been.

But I'm not going to lie, I have yet to reach the same hights that I got from the odd game under Di Canio. The Stoke game, the last minute McCormack winner, etc. Something like that.

It'll come in due course, I'm sure.
----

What I do like about this season, is opposition teams respect us and our ability. Perhaps sometimes too much. Its  a real compliment.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 22:20:31 »

Seats deffo didn't help
Everyone who wanted to sing used to congregate around the tunnel so were together, now ppl are spread out due to seating .

Not only that but the DRS enticed ppl away from the TE so actual numbers in there dwindled.

Unless I think there will be any sort of atmosphere in the TE I will go DRS.
View > silence

Unfortunately its rare there is much of an atmosphere these days  Bad Mood

We all got older... not enticed.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 08:31:28 »

I'm not criticising this team, quite the opposite, the age of player and their origin - well we shouldn't be where we are. They shouldn't be as good as they have been.

But I'm not going to lie, I have yet to reach the same hights that I got from the odd game under Di Canio. The Stoke game, the last minute McCormack winner, etc. Something like that.

----

What I do like about this season, is opposition teams respect us and our ability. Perhaps sometimes too much. Its  a real compliment.

I get what you mean. But is that not simply because teams rarely threaten us this year? That excitement came from the tension of not knowing if we'd get the result, whereas this season the result has rarely been in doubt. I imagine games later in the year against City, Franchise and Preston might provide us with a little more tension, and hopefully excitement!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:15:26 »

I have to agree. We're great away from home, but I can't remember the last really exciting home game, partly due to the opposition parking the bus. At the start of last season we were more exciting to watch (perhaps because of players like Pritchard?) but this season we're much more organised and consistent - dare I say it, like a Chelsea side!

----

What I do like about this season, is opposition teams respect us and our ability. Perhaps sometimes too much. Its  a real compliment.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:22:38 »

I have to agree. We're great away from home, but I can't remember the last really exciting home game, partly due to the opposition parking the bus. At the start of last season we were more exciting to watch (perhaps because of players like Pritchard?) but this season we're much more organised and consistent - dare I say it, like a Chelsea side!

I do get what you lot are saying - to an extent.

Shitty and Sheffield United were two bloody good home games IMO though. If this is all we have to complain about then I'm well happy. :-)
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:31:15 »

I do get what you lot are saying - to an extent.

Shitty and Sheffield United were two bloody good home games IMO though. If this is all we have to complain about then I'm well happy. :-)

Yes they were, but nothing like when we put 5 past the likes of Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Tranmere on Port Vale. I'm not complaining and can't wait for tomorrow - we can scrape every home game 1-0, just as long as we keep winning.

Just bought my ticket online and that's pretty disappointing ticket sales so far. We're top of the league ffs.

kerry red

« Reply #311 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:46:59 »

Got my tickets yesterday and they said tickets were going well since Monday.

We do get a lot of walk-ups on matchday so the weather may play a part.

Forecast to be dry, though!
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:54:40 »

Got my tickets yesterday and they said tickets were going well since Monday.

We do get a lot of walk-ups on matchday so the weather may play a part.

Forecast to be dry, though!

The Bradford game being called off may boost the attendance. Hopefully it stays dry.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:18:59 »

I get what you mean. But is that not simply because teams rarely threaten us this year? That excitement came from the tension of not knowing if we'd get the result, whereas this season the result has rarely been in doubt. I imagine games later in the year against City, Franchise and Preston might provide us with a little more tension, and hopefully excitement!

Yeah it probably is that. I think we are doing all we can to win at home, its just a more difficult task. We've not had much opportunity to pit ourselves against higher league opposition either, except Chelsea which was a damp squib.

I don't think we should change what we are doing though!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: