Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50760 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:02:56 »

He is a seriously talented player and is expect him to chip in with a few goals of he keeps the advanced spot when (if) we get Mass and Kasim back. He looks complacent (in a similar was to Gladwin) at times - but I'm sure we'll see him make a real contribution between now and the end of the season.

Got to mention Gladwin, he just sat there and played it simple, really good performance from him I thought.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:04:40 »

He is a seriously talented player and is expect him to chip in with a few goals of he keeps the advanced spot when (if) we get Mass and Kasim back. He looks complacent (in a similar was to Gladwin) at times - but I'm sure we'll see him make a real contribution between now and the end of the season.

You cannot drop Thompson from that midfield three. Has more energy than anyone else in the squad

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #242 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:05:12 »

I agree that he appears to be complacent.

But is he really complacent or is it just easy for him?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:07:18 »

Not sure, just seen porky has signed Danny Ward though, so that might have some relevance possibly.

In the wrong side he could get (wrongly, based on the little Ive seen him) classed as a luxury player, chucked out wide with balls sailing over his head. As much as I like what I've seen I can imagine him 'going missing' if a team was to play direct football.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:08:54 »

You cannot drop Thompson from that midfield three. Has more energy than anyone else in the squad

Agreed - you could say the same for Gladwin. Very nice problem to have. I'd rather have some depth and competition for the next 5 months than get rid though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:09:43 »

Got to mention Gladwin, he just sat there and played it simple, really good performance from him I thought.

He is just classy isn't he... personifies how good our scouting must be.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:24:56 »

Weird watching that game from the away end tonight. Empty stadium, easy game, result pretty much never in doubt after we went 2-0 up. Almost like a friendly game. Thought we were a bit complacent, cruising along in first (or maybe second) gear against a poor Coventry side.

Gladwin was majestic on the ball. Thompson L was everywhere. Thompson N was also everywhere. CBs were solid, Swift was great for an hour, Williams was a constant threat... Long may it continue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:46:11 »

FFS hope the city lot didnt see this tweet from Sam, Now I know how we won so easy..

Tonight's referee is Keith Stroud. Swindon Town are unbeaten in 4.5 years with him in charge (six games). Last defeat May 2010 vs Millwall
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:49:57 »

With a surname like Stroud, he's bound to be a town fan... Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 00:31:53 »

Excellent result tonight! Pitch looked shite towards the end but not sure what else to expect when egg chasers play their as well! Thought we controlled the game from the off and could have been 4/5-0 up at half time as threatened every time we went forward. I do worry sometimes we'll get caught from Drawing a 1 v 2 when Wes kicks it out and rode our luck tonight in the second half but very pleased to get the job done and 3 more points!

Tough game Saturday at home and we still owe them for that paint pot defeat!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 00:38:26 »

Just back home and getting my breath back.  Strange game, possibly because we took our foot off the gas! Possibly because the heavy pitch took its toll.  Like so many of our opponents, after going behind, Coventry became frustrated with our passing game and resorted to trying to rough us up but they weren't really good enough to do that properly.  The Ref (our old friend K Stroud) had a solid game and spotted pretty much everything - and was ably supported by his two linos.  When FFS is Nathan T going to stop doing that stupid chest-barge thing that he does on opponents?  He has picked up several yellow/red cards as a result of him doing it and Referees always pick it up.  Someone needs to have a serious word with him.  Although the second half got a bit frustrating, it was another convincing away performance.  Does anyone know the away fan figure?  It seemed like around 600-700.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 01:50:02 »

FFS hope the city lot didnt see this tweet from Sam, Now I know how we won so easy..

Tonight's referee is Keith Stroud. Swindon Town are unbeaten in 4.5 years with him in charge (six games). Last defeat May 2010 vs Millwall

Was that the play off final?  If so surely that makes up for it?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:27:22 »

Even Keith Stroud could do nothing about the all white strip and the Wembley bobble
adje

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:44:08 »

paul bodin in goal for coventry!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:55:25 »

Does anyone know the away fan figure?  It seemed like around 600-700.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: