Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Don Rogers Stand  (Read 7741 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 10:48:16 »

Is there any particular section of the Don Rogers Stand that is more/less suitable for young kids these days?  My 6 year old is dead set on wanting to go there next time we're at home.  I've been taking him and his little brother in the Arkells Stand up until now - and haven't been in the Don Rogers (or 'Intel Stand') for years.

Thanks.
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 10:54:20 »

I'd just mirror where you usually sit in the Arkells. Once you get a perspective watching a game it's hard to watch from a different angle.

I expect your youngsters are just too polite to mention the stench of pensioners piss
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 10:58:40 »

I expect your youngsters are just too polite to mention the stench of pensioners piss

At least that's a natural odour, unlike the nancy boy perfumes that large numbers of blokes whack on these days...

Personally, I think the Arkells is a much nicer stand than the DRS....

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 10:59:14 »

Back row of the lower seats ( row E) is great with young kids. Good view and easy to get in and out of the stand for toilets, food etc.
Had our season tickets there when my son was young
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 10:59:44 »

I take my little uns down to the end towards the town end.  Its no better or worse than the Arkells.  The kids wanted to go in the don rogers when they found it had a sweet shop in it.  Which I don't think is there anymore.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 11:16:25 »

It's not.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 11:22:52 »

At least that's a natural odour, unlike the nancy boy perfumes that large numbers of blokes whack on these days...

Sounding a little bit defensive there Reg.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 11:35:52 »

Sit near row r 42, he can learn how to behave at a match
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 11:46:46 »

I've taken my two there and the language is worse than the Arkells but when the Town End is calling Aden Flint a cunt at full voice there is not a lot you can do. The kids know that they'll hear stuff which they know they don't repeat.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 11:54:01 »

I've taken my two there and the language is worse than the Arkells but when the Town End is calling Aden Flint a cunt at full voice there is not a lot you can do. The kids know that they'll hear stuff which they know they don't repeat.
Yep. When my lad first started going properly he was about 7. I told him that he'd hear language that wasn't very nice (Quite a lot of it from me) and that it was not to be used by him at all. He's 24 now and I'm sure he swears around his mates, but he needs to be proper pissed to drop the F-word, or anything worse, when he's with me (Even at the football!)

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 12:03:49 »

But Aden Flint is a cunt!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 12:19:37 »

Sounding a little bit defensive there Reg.

Ammonia an old fart....I'll look out for you next time urine the DRS.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 12:23:05 »

But Aden Flint is a cunt!

Quite. It is not considered profanity to ball somebody a bastard if they were born out of wedlock because they are, literally, a bastard. The same stands with flint: He really is a cunt so surely it's just more of a descriptive term than foul language?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 13:32:46 »

Sit near row r 42, he can learn how to behave at a match

He can learn from the child that sits behind who is such a well behaved child at games
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 13:35:19 »

There are quite a few young kids around me up at the top of the drs but there are a few of banbury's lot that swear a reasonable amount so I wouldn't recommend it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: