Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Asian Cup  (Read 111511 times)
Bennyh

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 03:51:31 »

The commentary went as follows:

' Massimo Loungo...and the Swindon Town man has stuck one in the bottom corner'

I was at the game, as I have been all the Australia games. I'm not sure what he does for you boys week in, week out. But at the national level, he has been a revelation. No one player has had impact on one team like he has. The talk of the terraces,  the street and front and rear page news in the press, he has become a national treasure.

I can guarantee you guys, you now have a few million extra fans keeping an eye on Swindon Town each week.

Finally, as I was brought up near you guys, I have shared with my fellow Aussies around me what Mass experiences on weekly basis. Youtube vid clips galore have been shared with fan groups....and the magic roundabout has fans intrigued.

Oh yea, my father was a Gashead all his life, he'd be over the moon if you guys got one of the automatic promotion spots and the City didn't.

We'll all be watching.....GOOD LUCK !

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 04:12:05 »

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/afc-asian-cup/player-of-the-asian-cup-massimo-luongo-says-all-he-needed-was-the-right-environment-to-shine-20150201-132yp6.html

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #407 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 04:53:13 »

I thought Luongo looked a lot sharper after his return from the World Cup. If we can keep him then hopefully his ability will be potentiated further by this tournament and his success there. I expect he will be tightly marked and singled out now, but it should give other players more room.

A friend who is an armchair/premier league fan reckoned Luongo and Kasim should fetch £5m between them at least. I laughed at the naivety,  but £3.5m would be plausible if and when we do sell.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 10:11:33 »

This is really a fantastic time to make some money on the back of Australians going Luongo-crazy.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 10:28:04 »

I thought Luongo looked a lot sharper after his return from the World Cup. If we can keep him then hopefully his ability will be potentiated further by this tournament and his success there. I expect he will be tightly marked and singled out now, but it should give other players more room.

A friend who is an armchair/premier league fan reckoned Luongo and Kasim should fetch £5m between them at least. I laughed at the naivety,  but £3.5m would be plausible if and when we do sell.
You must be mad si, I and a lot of others I'm sure would be very disappointed if that's all we got for the two of them.

@SamMorshead_: Mark Cooper says Massimo Luongo is the 'David Beckham of Australia' and values him at at least £5million: http://t.co/FgSJeTSwRK #stfc
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 10:36:36 »

Agreed. Playing in any international tournament, scoring in the Final of that tournament and being voted MVP of said tournament ups the ante massively. It alerts teams in the top flights in all the leagues in Europe. The whole dynamic changes. If Ray Hardman or Brian Hillier were still in charge then no doubt we would flog him off for 1.5 million and some tracksuit tops just prior to the Window closing. However, I trust LP to take full advantage of the situation*  Yes

*Edit - 'in the Summer' I should have added. The deal will be done in our own time on our terms. I'm sure of that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 10:44:03 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
corner

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 10:54:28 »

Agreed. Playing in any international tournament, scoring in the Final of that tournament and being voted MVP of said tournament ups the ante massively. It alerts teams in the top flights in all the leagues in Europe. The whole dynamic changes. If Ray Hardman or Brian Hillier were still in charge then no doubt we would flog him off for 1.5 million and some tracksuit tops just prior to the Window closing. However, I trust LP to take full advantage of the situation*  Yes

*Edit - 'in the Summer' I should have added. The deal will be done in our own time on our terms. I'm sure of that.

Spot on,
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 15:56:46 »

... and we still can't think of a song for him!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 16:00:18 »

massiiiimo, wooooooooao, masimoooo, he won the asia cup, he's going to fuck you up
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 16:06:55 »

He's magic you knowwwww, you'll never get past luongooooo
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #415 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 16:10:53 »

La la la la la luongo! (La Bamba)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 16:11:48 »

La la la la la luongo! (La Bamba)
and?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #417 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 16:23:20 »

What was your brilliant suggestion again?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 17:47:54 »

Masssss-iiiii-mo, ooh, ooh, ooh oh,
Lu-on-go, ooh ooh ooh oh,
He won the Asian Cup,
He's gonna take us up
Masssss-iiiii-mo....

(Wrote it out, then saw Batch's comment, oh well).
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 18:35:58 »

A little interview with our Mass.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/asian-cup-2015-socceroos-show-off-newly-acquired-silverware-to-hundreds-of-fans-in-sydney/story-fnqk652h-1227203956555

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: