Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Asian Cup  (Read 111937 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:54:45 »

Iraq lose. Kasim comes through the tournament uninjured.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:59:04 »

If somebody could now wrap him in cotton wool and hide him somewhere for the next 3 days that'd be great.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #317 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:25:28 »

Apparently according to the OTIB 82ers forum we have rejected a bid of €2.5m (£.17m) from Sevilla, of course they are "in the know" as to what is happening at our club whereas we aren't.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/167463-swindon-january-sales-starting-late/

One post earlier stating Luongo was on loan with us says it all.

And for those who don't like to read about what others are saying then please don't read it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:43:58 »

Apparently according to the OTIB 82ers forum we have rejected a bid of €2.5m (£.17m) from Sevilla, of course they are "in the know" as to what is happening at our club whereas we aren't.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/167463-swindon-january-sales-starting-late/

One post earlier stating Luongo was on loan with us says it all.

And for those who don't like to read about what others are saying then please don't read it.

More importantly, they're going to have to reboot their clichés if we're now turning down £1.7m offers. That'll be scaring them shitless.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #319 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:50:00 »

Also, they seem to know that any money accrued would go straight in Power's pocket.

Just like the money from Louis' sale - oh, hang on, didn't we fork out £200,000 for Beaker.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #320 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:19:22 »

http://www.espnfc.com/afc-asian-cup/2243/blog/post/2270689/espn-fcs-asian-cup-team-of-the-tournament
Peter Venkman

« Reply #321 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:48:42 »

Also, they seem to know that any money accrued would go straight in Power's pocket.

Just like the money from Louis' sale - oh, hang on, didn't we fork out £200,000 for Beaker.
I like the latest comment on there about him.

If they didn't sell him at that price they'd be silly

How the fucking fuck does he know what his true value is? what a twat.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:55:19 »

More to the point, it could have been a '50K now, 200K when he scores 8 goals in the World Cup final whilst his leg is in a bowl of set concrete' type deal structure.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #323 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:58:59 »

More to the point, it could have been a '50K now, 200K when he scores 8 goals in the World Cup final whilst his leg is in a bowl of set concrete' type deal structure.
Exactly, and as we are in no rush for the money then we can ask for what the hell we like, all up front if we so wish and double that amount even, we are under no pressure to sell financially or because we have an unhappy player....we can take our time and get the right deal for the club and player or if we go up maybe even keep him.

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:26:42 »

Exactly, and as we are in no rush for the money then we can ask for what the hell we like, all up front if we so wish and double that amount even, we are under no pressure to sell financially or because we have an unhappy player....we can take our time and get the right deal for the club and player or if we go up maybe even keep him.
Sorry, but just to pick up on the point about us not being in a 'rush for the money' which appears to be a fairly prevalent train of thought amongst a fair percentage of posters.

I'm confident we have the financial resources to see out the season and beyond into next. I'm not sure where we stand on gate receipts/attendance etc that were poignantly mentioned by MrP earlier in the season and our break even point.

While MrP is a resident of Switzerland, he doesn't appear to be an Andrew Black and he has already stated, from pretty much day one, that balancing the books is key to his Modus Operandi.

With that in mind, and I personally value Mass, around the £2.25 mark (assuming the Asia Cup results in an Australian victory), I'm not convinced that MrP wouldn't accept a deal, clearing £1m for the Town and getting the money into the club.

Having said that, either way, whether we sell or not, it's a bit of a gamble.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 16:07:26 »

More importantly, they're going to have to reboot their clichés if we're now turning down £1.7m offers. That'll be scaring them shitless.

Ironically they probably would have accepted that
Peter Venkman

« Reply #326 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 17:03:43 »

Sorry, but just to pick up on the point about us not being in a 'rush for the money' which appears to be a fairly prevalent train of thought amongst a fair percentage of posters.

I'm confident we have the financial resources to see out the season and beyond into next. I'm not sure where we stand on gate receipts/attendance etc that were poignantly mentioned by MrP earlier in the season and our break even point.
Don't forget the sponsorship amount coming in from the Aussie company this month which will help the shortfall in gate income over the last few weeks.

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 17:55:46 »

Don't forget the sponsorship amount coming in from the Aussie company this month which will help the shortfall in gate income over the last few weeks.
No proof.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 18:22:56 »

I agree, it's gone very quiet on that.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 19:34:41 »

Sam Morshead said on a webchat yesterday that its going to be announced next week so as not to upset some other sponsors or something.  Sam, if you're out there can you clear this up?

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: