Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Port Vale: Match Thread  (Read 32843 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 22:42:58 »

Ground out result.

Great gate and disappointed that this wasn't discussed with Power on the radio after the match.

Not a classic match but a great result.

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 22:50:00 »

Port Vale coms were raving about Gladwin and were surprised he didn't get MOM
I made the point about Gladwin's lack of urgency earlier in the season but having seen him play over the past couple of months, I'd revise it to say that sometimes he just has a habit of making it look like he has more time on the ball - in much the same way as Ian Woan (when Woan was just about our only competent footballer under King...).  We have to be patient with him. His rate of improvement is frightening. He has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in this divison and enough for the Championship if he continues - but let's not expect him to have the whole lot right away.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 22:52:05 »

How did he end up at Marlow? He must have come through a league club and been dropped. Which one?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 22:58:09 »

How did he end up at Marlow? He must have come through a league club and been dropped. Which one?
Reading. He was too small, apparently (before he grew to about 6 foot 3).
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 23:00:19 »

Released by Reading..
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 23:01:41 »

Massimo was unplayable today.
Reckon we will miss both him and Kasim.
Decent crowd as well today.
A good day at the office with other results going our way.
DRS

« Reply #111 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 23:24:01 »

Any of you fountains of knowledge know how many games we have list when we have been without our two internationals?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 23:57:29 »

Released by Reading..

Predicting it now, we get them in the cup next year, he scores the winner with a screamer at the Town End in the last minute, jumps into stand.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 00:24:20 »

Predicting it now, we get them in the cup league next year, he scores the winner with a screamer at the Town End in the last minute, jumps into stand.

Corrected for you.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
deltaincline

« Reply #114 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 00:34:51 »

I don't get the open criticism on Gladwin from the stands. He's a young, talented kid in his first proper season as a professional. He makes some mistakes, granted, but he is one of a handful who isn't scared (despite the miserable cuntish moans from the crowd) to try his luck with a trick or two.

Sometimes they work - and look sublime - and sometimes they don't. I don't think I've seen him cost us many goals when he's made a cock-up, but he's had a hand in quite a few goals already.

To his credit, he persists with the tricks and smart passes - despite the wankers getting on his back - and he'll probably go on to carve out a decent career for himself having learnt his trade with us.

Mass will be missed on today's performance, but no disrespect to him - he's a bloody good player - he doesn't often turn in an outstanding performance like he did today, so I'm guessing that Gladwin will be a more than adequate deputy, with Thomson coming back in to balance things up.

We're certainly giving the slave traders something to think about by both grinding out results when we have to, and raping the opposition when we're in our comfort zone.

As others have said, January is a big month for us. Power has done well on the pitch so far, but will really earn his corn by getting in good replacements for anyone he feels that he cant refuse a decent offer for in the transfer market.

Whilst he's no doubt loving the way things have gone so far this season, I suspect that we're probably a year ahead of where he thought we'd actually be at this stage of his ownership. If that's the case, I hope he doesn't need to rake in too much cash right now, as selling on more than 1 or 2 of the side could impact on everything - on and off the pitch, and in the short and long term future.

Interesting times indeed  Yes
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 07:24:07 »

Massimo was unplayable today.
Reckon we will miss both him and Kasim.
Decent crowd as well today.
A good day at the office with other results going our way.

Prosaic.
Levi lapper

« Reply #116 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 08:18:30 »

A January cold snap with some frozen pitches and subsequent postponements wouldn't go amiss, I think missing our international midfielders is the biggest threat to an automatic spot at the end of the season, an enforced winter break could be really helpful. Being second with the budget we Have = dreamland. Coops our best manager of the last 10 years at least. Let it snow.....
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 08:37:20 »

I don't get the open criticism on Gladwin from the stands. ........... To his credit, he persists with the tricks and smart passes - despite the wankers getting on his back

Where do you sit?  I ask because in the middle of the DRS where I sit sometimes people can be frustrated when we have a chance to break quickly with men over and he seems to dally on the ball, but I've never heard people getting on his back.

In fact it was heartening yesterday that the crowd seemed to be trying to encourage the team even when a potentially good move broke down ; i.e. Toffollo made a couple of good runs in the first half, got picked out with great through balls, chose the wrong option or mis-controlled but got applauded back to the halfway line for trying to make something happen even if it didn't quite work.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 08:39:36 »

Great performance from Luongo in his last performance in a town shirt. That run he made in the second half was incredible.

Branco reminded me of Cibo with his throw ins yesterday
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 09:09:57 »

Didn't they say the same thing about Austin as well. Great eye for a player there it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: