Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Port Vale: Match Thread  (Read 32955 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 00:39:50 »

In the absence of shaw Rosso il try and continue a previous unbeaten total of 3 match threads. Tough game tomorrow and hopefully we can get an early goal to open the game up. Be interesting to see how we cope with Danny N'Guesson, thought he had a tough time at the end of his stay here and put in a good shift.

We always beat them well at home and I can see this continuing, 3-0. Williams, Byrne and smith.

Always like to read a few betting reviews for a laugh from people all over the world. Il throw in a bayern Munich fan and QPR fan.

Swindon Town are 3 position with a total of 44 points or 1 point behind the neck of the leader. Port Vale are at position 12 in the table 29 points. The home game is very stable lately especially at home while guests are extremely volatile. I think that will be a problem for the hosts as they struggle to-head position in the table and should not be confused anywhere especially games at home

swindon have scored in ten of the last eleven home games and port vale have conceded in all their away games this season. it may take time but swindon will find a way through.

Please let this be on!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 01:45:32 »

I'm confused here....I always think of home games v BPV, as dour affairs, the likely 0-0 draw while it pisses with rain, howls a gale or snows, punctuated by Vale nicking a set piece. However, their last 3 visits have seen us score 16 with 2 in reply..given that it had taken us 11 games to score that many previously....who knows?

You'd imagine BPV, will definitely try and park the bus...I'd like to think Mass will want to produce a virtuoso show as a valedictory.
kerry red

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 05:05:20 »

Is valedictory the same as a Vale dicking or a Vale victory?

You haven't been listening to Homer Simpson's subliminal word tape have you, Reg?

Anyway, we'll keep the goals for average going against Vale with a 5-0 tonking.

Smudge hattrick, Turnbull and Williams.

9678 with 443 potters
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 05:40:30 by Audrey » Logged
forward

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 05:47:35 »

I'm confused here....I always think of home games v BPV, as dour affairs, the likely 0-0 draw while it pisses with rain, howls a gale or snows, punctuated by Vale nicking a set piece. However, their last 3 visits have seen us score 16 with 2 in reply..given that it had taken us 11 games to score that many previously....who knows?

You'd imagine BPV, will definitely try and park the bus...I'd like to think Mass will want to produce a virtuoso show as a valedictory.

I'm confused, too. Do you think we will win, lose or draw?

For the record, I predict a 2-0 win.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 06:40:54 »

If we score early I can see us running out 3 or 4-1 winners,Smith,Williams,and Byrne on target.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 08:10:51 »

Blimey!  That's the most positive pre-match post that Reg has made in ages.  We're doomed!   Sad
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 08:24:40 »

Blimey!  That's the most positive pre-match post that Reg has made in ages.  We're doomed!   Sad
Reg has been on the happy pills all season  Wink

Hopefully we can score inside 3 minutes and it will be an afternoon of fun, frolics and goals. If not, it could be another Doncaster  Crash

I will go for something somewhere in between...

2-0 with goals from the League's most generic strike pairing - Williams, Smith.
REDBUCK

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 08:28:23 »

Not really, he thinks Mass is leaving us
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 08:30:01 by REDBUCK » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:13:53 »

N'guessen is a handy player when he can be arsed. I bet this is one day he can be though.

That said I see no reason why we won't go above city today. 4 1.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:27:17 »

Not really, he thinks Mass is leaving us

He is, he's off to the Asia cup.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:28:43 »

To be fair he's probably the most likely to be off should we need to sell, which we may - who know.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:28:51 »

Vale have played well in their last 2 games i think, will be a tricky game. They will park the bus and try and counter like everyone else, a scrappy 1-0 win
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:34:35 »

Really looking forward to this. Had to miss Walsall due to fucking Spurs loving in laws and have my nephew tell me repeatedly how shit Swindon are despite him being born and living here all his life.
It would be nice to see the year out with a win and I think we will. Regardless of result this has been a fantastic season far outweighing my expectations ( which Reg like are normally quite low ).
I'll go 3-1 win with Williams, Smith and L Thompson getting on the scoresheet. I would have driven Williams to another club pre season as I never thought I'd see the day he was fixed wearing a Town shirt. Glad to be wrong.
Lastly, hope Shaw Rosso is ok although singiiiffy is doing a sterling job.  
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:44:23 »

Clearly finding it easier to play away rather than having to force the pace at home.  Key is to get an early lead to settle the team and the crowd.  If not then I fear a frustrating (and cold!) afternoon.

1-1
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 09:52:49 »

We are going through a patch of conceding at least one per game. They will try and catch us on the counter and Danny N is a good player on his day.

So going with the tradition that ex players have a blinder against us, I'm going for 2-1.

Willo and Mass for us.

Danny N for them in front of  9739 {501 from up north)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: