Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall V Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 34676 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 08:20:32 »

Just got back to lincolnshire ....10 hrs after the match finished....blxxdy snow, chaos!!!, great result today and good suppoft, although froze to death.  COYR

Heard it was bad going North.
Fair play to you mate. Glad you are home safely.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 08:33:06 »

I have to agree with you.
Need some luck for sure.
Depends what happens in January to a large degree, in terms of how well we cope with the loss of Luongo and Kasim and what happens between the transfer window 'swinging open' and 'slamming shut'. Maybe Power will work some more of his magic??
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 08:39:59 »

Good day out yesterday and a great result. The game itself, despite the score line, wasn't a classic but the atmosphere was good. I was stood directly behind Mex, who thoroughly enjoyed his half time bovril. The car park was a fucking cunt to get out of after the game, but it was just nice to be in the warm! Nice 11 point gap between us and 5th place now, a lot of people's predictions of a relegation scrap are beginning to look a bit foolish....

It's All Good..............
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 08:59:04 »

Nice 11 point gap between us and 5th place now, a lot of people's predictions of a relegation scrap are beginning to look a bit foolish....

Damn right. Even exceeded my hopes this season so far. At least those same people have the we're "going bust" line to focus on now, as we owe the council a couple of months rent.

January will test us as we'll miss Mass and Yas (who wouldn't). I truly think we have enough in reserve as long as we don't get too many injuries or suspensions though.
kerry red

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 09:10:22 »

Who remembers the doom laden comments after we lost to Eastleigh pre-season?

Wherever Williams go he will have to take a big pay cut so he may as well stay here.

Top 2 MK and us
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 09:13:23 »

Damn right. Even exceeded my hopes this season so far. At least those same people have the we're "going bust" line to focus on now, as we owe the council a couple of months rent.

January will test us as we'll miss Mass and Yas (who wouldn't). I truly think we have enough in reserve as long as we don't get too many injuries or suspensions though.
When does Reeves contract end? As it doesn't seem like he is going to stay, could be a bit short in CM even with stephens able to play there
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 09:19:12 »

they are hoping to have a new midfielder in time for Fleetwood, and that Reeves is likely to go but they are hopeful he may stay (he wants 1st team football)

I come from a land down-under
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 09:20:49 »

Yeah I confess I was including Reeves when I said we had enough to cope with losing Mass and Yasser. Hope he stays. Looks a worker and a very tidy player too.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 09:40:25 »

Good day out yesterday and a great result. The game itself, despite the score line, wasn't a classic but the atmosphere was good. I was stood directly behind Mex, who thoroughly enjoyed his half time bovril. The car park was a fucking cunt to get out of after the game, but it was just nice to be in the warm! Nice 11 point gap between us and 5th place now, a lot of people's predictions of a relegation scrap are beginning to look a bit foolish....

Great game. You were stood directly behind me as well then as I was to the right if mex.

Never knowingly overstated.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 10:21:11 »

Yeah I confess I was including Reeves when I said we had enough to cope with losing Mass and Yasser. Hope he stays. Looks a worker and a very tidy player too.
Fair play to Reeves if he does end up going elsewhere to play week in week out. If I was him I'd ask for a deal until the end of January, see what happens with Luongo, and then see if it is worth staying. That said, none of us know who else we have lined up.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 10:21:39 »

Wasn't able to listen to the game yesterday so really happy to see the final score.

Someone may want to go on the walsall forum and tell them we don't have any attacking players on loan from spurs and that they are all ours.

Some fair observations on their forum with one of them comparing us to the Swansea side that were on their way up to the PL - skilful, big strong players and 2 very good forwards.

I never thought about before but compared to last season we are quite a sizeable team.

So who out of the top 4 are the 2 likely to miss out?

Saw these posts so I thought I would have a look on the Warsaw froum and theres some good comments on there so here is a few of the good ones and the not so good.

Swindon don't look brilliant but what they are is a very big and powerful side similar to Brentford last season.

Really disappointing that Swindon didnt have to work for any of their goals. I can take being beaten by the better side but we really were masters of our own downfall today.

swindon are decent but nothing special,IMO brentford and wolves of last year would put this swindon side to bed as we did last year at the county ground

Excuse some of our thick fans...............any excuse will do although I note that Swindon are still cheating the league rules regards income and expenditure on players. No surprise there then, the club has had a succession of dodgy financial dealings for many years. I hope they go bust and end up in Estonia.

There's only what two places difference between Swindon and Sheffield but a clear gulf in quality, infact it's a lot like last season when there's a top 4 miles better than the rest.

Swindon were the most clinical team I've seen in a long time. Quick, direct, tricky but tall and strong from crosses too.

Swindon will go up if they play like that.

After the third goal Swindon went into cruise mode. Actually they were very kind to us as if they wanted they could have scored another two or three goals at will. Tippy tappy short passing(?) was not the tactic for the snowy conditions. Thoroughly outplayed by a much superior team, alas. Not seen us collapse like that for some considerable time.

PNE, Franchise, Bristol City and Swindon, those four are a cut above in terms of resources and player recrutiment as Swindon have that wierd deal with Spurs. There is no chance of competiting with those teams, they'll have their own automatic battle and one of the losers will probably win the play offs.

Swindon are a very good side at this level so I didn't compare them to Swansea lightly - a team who waltzed into the prem with some style and class. This a team that are obviously serious championship contenders.

Swindon were probably as good as any side that we have played this season. It was a case of tit-for-tat after we gave them a football lesson at the County Ground, last season, and now they have done exactly the same to us at Bescot, this season. Ignore the reasons/excuses. This was a thoroughly deserved away win.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 11:10:19 »

Who remembers the doom laden comments after we lost to Eastleigh pre-season?

Wherever Williams go he will have to take a big pay cut so he may as well stay here.

Top 2 MK and us

There were none, other than a few pointing out we probably needed some reinforcements before season's start.  There was one poster calling for Cooper's head.....you.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 11:35:42 »

There were none, other than a few pointing out we probably needed some reinforcements before season's start.  There was one poster calling for Cooper's head.....you.
soapy tit wank
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 11:36:45 »

Fair play to Reeves if he does end up going elsewhere to play week in week out. If I was him I'd ask for a deal until the end of January, see what happens with Luongo, and then see if it is worth staying. That said, none of us know who else we have lined up.
I think he is holding out for something a little bit better than the £300 p/w on offer!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 11:37:22 »

Cheating the league rules regarding expenditure?

Cracking result that - wouldhave been happy with a scrappy 1-0. I'm going to be at the next 3 games now., which would be considered a good thing if my only game so far this season hadn't been Rochdale. Sorry all.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: