Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 81196 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:46:15 »

I'm beginning to think it would be more fun watching them not getting promoted than us actually doing so!

As a Bristol based Swindon fan, I will have my very own open top bus parade across South Bristol if Town went up and City didn't*

*To the OTIB lurkers, I'm joking.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:04:26 »

Its good to have an insight into how OUR club is being run, especially by fans of other clubs Yawn

They are accusing us of being skint, yet without being bankrolled they would've gone bust.

How much did the lose in the last year? £15m?

Even Di Canio didn't spend that much !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #152 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:07:54 »

He not bluffing. He'll do it.

Do any Swindon fans really think we 'have a little dosh'?  I think most on here know the model of funding and it's nip and tuck nature.

Obviously we'd all like to be losing £10m a season on overpaid underachievers that gets covered by our benifactor, but we aren't as massive as the Manchester Uniteds, and the Bristol city (1982) limiteds.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:12:50 »

Never noticed how appropriate the term Bristol City Limited is.  Smiley

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:17:22 »

It will be a Shame when they are no longer funded by thier sugar daddy? I'm sure their is a framework in place for when he leaves the club permanently and leaves them up shit street?

He's not doing a very good job though is he and I feel sorry for him, massive wagebill and losses and playing in the third tier with a bigger budget and smaller attendances than most championship clubs.

Of all the clubs he ends up with a club like Bristol City.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #155 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:29:13 »

If I'm honest I think he's been brilliant for them in so much that we'd all like that kind of unconditional funding.
Flashheart

« Reply #156 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:30:39 »

If I were him I'd find a good DOF to handle the football side of things for me.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 15:41:07 »

Most lower teams dream of having a Lansdown type owner. Most enjoy more success under such ownership but for all of his work/money both Bristol City and Bristol Rugby have enjoyed next to nothing on the pitch. The League One  title would be spun well but they really shouldn't be in this division in the first place (under Lansdown ownership).

Even their academy hasn't produced nearly as many successes as it should have. Joe Bryan looks like the best product they've had for a long while.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:03:40 »

I heard once that Plymouth was the biggest city in Western Europe never to grace the top tier..

I think you can say Bristol is the biggest City In Western Europe never to accomplish or win anything in Sport..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:10:00 »

When did our fans ever think we had any money? Quite the contrary on here.

I stopped going on OTIB a few days after we beat them (boy wasnt that fun). But from what I've seen on here, it's like reading a bitter ex-girlfriends facebook.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:12:38 »

When did our fans ever think we had any money? Quite the contrary on here.

I stopped going on OTIB a few days after we beat them (boy wasnt that fun). But from what I've seen on here, it's like reading a bitter ex-girlfriends facebook.

Haha. I'm sure the news of the Redditch/Hylton complaint will give them a new thread.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #161 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:32:47 »

But from what I've seen on here, it's like reading a bitter ex-girlfriends facebook.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:34:21 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:39:41 »

Didn't power say he didn't beleive we should be paying the whole rent due to the state of the repairs required, and now it seems they have agreed to pay the whole lot in installments.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 16:42:19 »

I heard once that Plymouth was the biggest city in Western Europe never to grace the top tier..

I think you can say Bristol is the biggest City In Western Europe never to accomplish or win anything in Sport..
Did"nt City win the Welsh cup ?
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 17:04:25 »

Did"nt City win the Welsh cup ?

My bad, tbf they are the 5th most successful team in Wales.
 Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: