Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clarke Carlisle  (Read 9693 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 22:12:16 »

Hit by a lorry and in hospital with life threatening injuries.

All the best to him
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 22:30:50 »

Shit, that's not what I expected.

Good luck to him indeed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 23:41:44 »

BBC now reporting non-life threatening injuries...

Good luck to him all the same like!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 08:50:27 »

Same as
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 10:02:11 »

If it's not life threatening and probably nothing at all, how's the lorry? 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 14:43:35 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2940812/Enough-Actor-Ralf-Little-accuses-former-friend-Clarke-Carlisle-not-telling-story-interview-depression-led-suicide-attempt.html

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 14:48:18 »

I don't like Clarke Carlisle one bit.

He's a bit like Sol Campbell, in that because he's black he's always worse off than everyone else. I do not mean that in a racist way, but he thinks he's a victim because of the colour of his skin. For example, the black manager scenario. It's not because of your race, it's because you are not good enough.

That is my opinion only, and don't wish any harm on anyone.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Gethimout

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 14:50:00 »

I cannot even comprehend what it must be like to live with depression. All the demons they must face and seeing no other way out, other than to commit suicide.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 15:06:42 »

People are getting all arsey with those who say Carlisle was selfish in what he did. He was selfish. It's sad that anyone can get into that state of mind but that doesn't mean his actions were not selfish.
Gethimout

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 15:11:18 »

It is selfish and I don't disagree with that, but Clarke, as well as many with depression wouldn't be able to think rationally.

It's unfortunate that others have to be involved when someone decides to take their own life.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 15:27:53 »

People are getting all arsey with those who say Carlisle was selfish in what he did. He was selfish. It's sad that anyone can get into that state of mind but that doesn't mean his actions were not selfish.
Exactly right.
It's all too easy to judge I know, but for all those saying that he's not selfish how about a thought for his family and friends....and not to mention the poor lorry driver who would have had to live with the fact that he had killed someone for the rest of his life.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 15:30:16 »

It is selfish and I don't disagree with that, but Clarke, as well as many with depression wouldn't be able to think rationally.

It's unfortunate that others have to be involved when someone decides to take their own life.

I think more of the issue relates to Clarke Carlisle and the manner in which this is now being presented in The Sun, however to be fair to Carlisle I suspect he didn't have much to do with the way the story is being presented - however it appears to be 'victim' story.

I think more relates to the fact that Carlisle is often portrayed as this tortured genius, when actually when you read his history he comes across as something of a self centred objectionable idiot!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 17:41:45 »

I don't like Clarke Carlisle one bit.

He's a bit like Sol Campbell, in that because he's black he's always worse off than everyone else. I do not mean that in a racist way, but he thinks he's a victim because of the colour of his skin. For example, the black manager scenario. It's not because of your race, it's because you are not good enough.

That is my opinion only, and don't wish any harm on anyone.

Not liking him is fair enough, but it's a shame you can't express it without relating it to his skin colour, and irrelevant comparisons to other black people
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:23:54 »

Not liking him is fair enough, but it's a shame you can't express it without relating it to his skin colour, and irrelevant comparisons to other black people
In fairness, when the criticism of Carlisle is based on him 'using the race card' it would be difficult not to mention the fact he's black. Comparing him to other ex footballers who have also used the same tactic is also reasonable, imo.

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:39:41 »

No he always said that black footballers were always hard done by. Yes racism does exist, but not like it used to. For me, he always saw the negative stuff.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: