Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Swindon  (Read 4336 times)
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 00:04:53 »

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if one or more of you (up to a maximum of 3 due to space constraints) have a few minutes and would kindly be prepared to share a few views  / your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad?
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season?
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Notts County fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?76437-Opposing-views-Notts-County-%28H%29

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
Talk Talk

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 01:26:03 »

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides

Just interested in your other roles?

Pray tell?

Does it involve interminable questions about the fact that Port Vale is not actually a physical location? Or that you mourn the passing of the Great Central Railway that drove its way through Burslem and should still be in existence now?

Do you find it moderately unsettling that we beat Stoke 4-3 in a blinder of a match in August 2012 against your local derby team who you haven't played in 12 years?

I could go on...

Anyway, happy to help :-)
Talk Talk

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 01:36:08 »

PS look at the line up against Stoke that memorable evening

Swindon

01 Foderingham
    03 McEveley (Thompson - 98' )
    04 Flint
    05 Devera
    06 Navarro
    10 Ritchie
    12 McCormack Booked
    18 Miller
    09 Collins
    16 Williams
    23 De Vita (Ferry - 73' )

Substitutes

30 Bedwell
    15 Thompson
    32 Smith
    07 Rooney
    08 Ferry
    13 Risser
    20 Storey

Where are they now!
Talk Talk

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 01:39:21 »

Oooooh gone over 3k posts in stupid number of years

Lightweight

Smug Fuck Off
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 07:34:07 »

Didn't we beat Stoke at the first league game to be played at the brittania?

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 09:28:37 »

Remember the home game when we beat Stoke 6-0, their fans did a conga  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 09:58:30 »

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? - Not sure exactly what you want to know about myself but I am in my thirties, Season Ticket living in London, and I have been a fan since the late 80s, taken to the County Ground with my grandfather and my dad.
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)? At the start of the season I feared a struggle but we have done way better than I anticipated. I think we may struggle as pitches start to get worse and I worry about our home form. I would be happy with a play-off place - prediction 4th.
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? Strikers Smith, Obika and Williams have all contributed with goals this season, Luongo for me is our most consistent player and looks to make things happen
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season? Can't really fault him, we play a passing 3-5-2 and everyone looks comfortable on the ball. All our signings are young and hungry and I can't think of anything negative currently.
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? Currently more than happy with the way Lee Power is going about his business. Wage budget is 1.5 million and we are spending within our means, purchasing young 'unpolished gems'. Had Jed Mcrory won the court case earlier this year, the answer to this question would be a whole lot different!
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad? I know Pope scores a lot of goals, but don't know a lot about Vale, sorry!
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season? lower mid-table
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)? We normally do quite well against Vale at home. I guess the most memorable had to be when we beat you 5-0 under Di Canio and secured the League 2 title. I dragged my missus along to that game and she hates football, even she enjoyed it!
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?[/b 3-1 (Obika, Williams, Luongo) Pope for Vale.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 11:43:04 »

Didn't we beat Stoke at the first league game to be played at the brittania?
Yes. I was there. I got up the next morning to find out that Diana had been killed.
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 09:42:40 »

Just interested in your other roles?

Pray tell?

Does it involve interminable questions about the fact that Port Vale is not actually a physical location? Or that you mourn the passing of the Great Central Railway that drove its way through Burslem and should still be in existence now?

Do you find it moderately unsettling that we beat Stoke 4-3 in a blinder of a match in August 2012 against your local derby team who you haven't played in 12 years?

I could go on...

Anyway, happy to help :-)

I'm also the resident male super model and seeker of truth and justice not to mention the voice of reason, there are some real charachters on there! Smiley

Any team that spank Stoke regularly as we did throughout the 90's and early 2000's has a significant level of respect. We are still the undisputed champions of potteries football don't you know Smiley
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 10:53:17 »

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? - Not sure exactly what you want to know about myself but I am in my thirties, Season Ticket living in London, and I have been a fan since the late 80s, taken to the County Ground with my grandfather and my dad.
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)? At the start of the season I feared a struggle but we have done way better than I anticipated. I think we may struggle as pitches start to get worse and I worry about our home form. I would be happy with a play-off place - prediction 4th.
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? Strikers Smith, Obika and Williams have all contributed with goals this season, Luongo for me is our most consistent player and looks to make things happen
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season? Can't really fault him, we play a passing 3-5-2 and everyone looks comfortable on the ball. All our signings are young and hungry and I can't think of anything negative currently.
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? Currently more than happy with the way Lee Power is going about his business. Wage budget is 1.5 million and we are spending within our means, purchasing young 'unpolished gems'. Had Jed Mcrory won the court case earlier this year, the answer to this question would be a whole lot different!
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad? I know Pope scores a lot of goals, but don't know a lot about Vale, sorry!
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season? lower mid-table
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)? We normally do quite well against Vale at home. I guess the most memorable had to be when we beat you 5-0 under Di Canio and secured the League 2 title. I dragged my missus along to that game and she hates football, even she enjoyed it!
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?[/b 3-1 (Obika, Williams, Luongo) Pope for Vale.

Smashing thanks I will use this and create as the article.

Luongo is away on international duty isn't he and Pope is out until late January though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:37:10 »

Smashing thanks I will use this and create as the article.

Luongo is away on international duty isn't he and Pope is out until late January though.

Not yet he isn't Smiley

Good news about Pope being out. Just realised you have Dany N'Guessan playing for you so I'll go for the curse of the ex-player and stick with my 3-1 prediction with goals from Obika, Williams and Luongo and N'Guessan for Vale.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 03:10:31 »

Not yet he isn't Smiley

Good news about Pope being out. Just realised you have Dany N'Guessan playing for you so I'll go for the curse of the ex-player and stick with my 3-1 prediction with goals from Obika, Williams and Luongo and N'Guessan for Vale.

Unfortunately Luongo is now out for some of Jan at least. He's been included in the final 23 man squad for the tournament. Just depends on how far the Socceroos get in the cup...

N'Guessan has been belting them in for Vale, if I'm not mistaken? I think there'll definitely be a curse of the ex-player because he left due to having arguments with Cooper apparently. I wonder what reception he'll get though.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: