Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Doncaster Rovers Match Day Thread.  (Read 33092 times)
Utter Kant

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:09:25 »

The pitch wasn't too bad... The shit referee and some shit finishing were more unhelpful.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 21:52:50 »

What a pointless post. Unless the objective was to make you look like an attention seeking twat, in which case well done.

Yes, i admit this this was a tease, though I was out today and forgot to follow up earlier, which should tell you that getting attention on the TEF isn't all that high on my bucket list. Sorry to have upset you.

Anyway, story I heard (which for the literal-minded needs to be taken with all the usual caveats) is that in January, Sherwood will be in a position to negotiate a move for Luongo, which to avoid the sell-on to Spurs will involve two incoming players.

Of course I have no idea whether there's any merit in the story, but I don't mind reading these rumours, so I thought I'd share this one.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 21:54:11 »

How does that work if Sherwood isnt at a club though?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 22:07:24 »

How does that work if Sherwood isnt at a club though?

Part of the story is that he will be in Jan. Allegedly.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 00:22:33 »

I thought both penalties were soft at the time and having watched the highlights haven't changed my mind. (Although regrettably Smith's taking of the penalty looks even worse on TV, and it looked shite live)

Had a bad feeling about the day to start with though - and when you hit the bar, miss a one on one and go 1-0 to a very debatable penalty - you don't have to be a Derek Acorah level fake psychic to think that penalty was not going to go in.

I must admit I noticed the pitch more last home game than I did yesterday, but I suppose if anyone's words are to be taken on the subject it'd be the lads who actually played on it.. Strange how 2 of them should mention it.

To my mind Doncaster and Fleetwood aren't the same. Fleetwood were very organised and came to stop us playing, but Donny got their lucky goal and then tried every trick in the book to break the game up, including falling over, falling over and falling over. There was without a doubt a level of Dickov-ness to their game.

That's not to excuse us mind - I think it'd still have been a 0-0 without the ref, but we were playing relatively well up until that point. From then on he blew up for everything, they got total control of us in midfield, and the dreaded "FORWARD!" chants started coming out.

It's all Clem's fault.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Talk Talk

« Reply #170 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 01:28:15 »

I thought both penalties were soft at the time and having watched the highlights haven't changed my mind. (Although regrettably Smith's taking of the penalty looks even worse on TV, and it looked shite live)

Had a bad feeling about the day to start with though - and when you hit the bar, miss a one on one and go 1-0 to a very debatable penalty - you don't have to be a Derek Acorah level fake psychic to think that penalty was not going to go in.

I must admit I noticed the pitch more last home game than I did yesterday, but I suppose if anyone's words are to be taken on the subject it'd be the lads who actually played on it.. Strange how 2 of them should mention it.

To my mind Doncaster and Fleetwood aren't the same. Fleetwood were very organised and came to stop us playing, but Donny got their lucky goal and then tried every trick in the book to break the game up, including falling over, falling over and falling over. There was without a doubt a level of Dickov-ness to their game.

That's not to excuse us mind - I think it'd still have been a 0-0 without the ref, but we were playing relatively well up until that point. From then on he blew up for everything, they got total control of us in midfield, and the dreaded "FORWARD!" chants started coming out.

It's all Clem's fault.

Don't blame Clem. He's just a front man. Blame the BBC, it's all a load of shite

Anyway, I have to do this otherwise Si Pie will never talk to me again.

Are you fit?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 16:39:06 »

Small bit on the match and Swindon in the Guardian -

http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2014/dec/21/doncaster-confidence-swindon-league-one-match-report

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 17:18:39 »

'Though the best fell into their laps from Swindon whose high-risk, close-passing confidence in the 3-5-2 shape wavered between Barcelona and catastrophe. It was cool going on casual – a delight on the brink of disaster as even last defenders passed or were caught short.'

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 19:31:49 »

Life was so much easier when we were under the radar....
kerry red

« Reply #174 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 20:10:32 »

Thought Bell looked sharp when he came on
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 02:51:37 »

Thought Bell looked sharp when he came on

I'll agree with this. He livened things up, as did Smith. Our attacks seemed to link up so much tighter after he came on. Obika was doing a 13/14 Smith by controlling the ball into the opposition's feet every time, but Smith was taking the ball down and making something of it every time.

Gladwin should have come off for Reeves at minute 50 though. Everything he touched turned to crap unfortunately. It's a shame Ben's still in a phase of pulling out a 8.5/10 then a 3/10 instead of consistent 7/10 games.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:34:11 »

Obika's apparent lack of control was because their defender was going through the back of him time after time with the useless cunt of a referee doing nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: