Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Doncaster Rovers Match Day Thread.  (Read 33469 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 09:45:58 »

I have the inside line on why Sherwood was there.  Embarrassed
What a pointless post. Unless the objective was to make you look like an attention seeking twat, in which case well done.

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 09:54:01 »

We've had a fantastic start to the season, exceeding most people's expectations and playing some (At times) breathtaking football. City's result at Crewe yesterday just reinforces the fact that you can't accurately forecast results all the time and that sometimes form goes out the window.
What slightly concerns is our seeming inability at home to go for the jugular and rip teams apart; we have the possession and the players, just not the killer instinct. When games are open and both sides attack, I'd back us to win. When teams are more defensive and we have to break them down, we just don't look as threatening. If Cooper can find a solution to this we'll be top 2, if not we'll be around the PO's.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #152 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 10:01:15 »

What a pointless post. Unless the objective was to make you look like an attention seeking twat, in which case well done.
Indeed.

I have the inside line on why Sherwood was there.....HE IS A MATE OF POWER....end of.

As for yesterday, bad day at the office, we all have them, too many bad performances, move on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 10:02:57 »

I agree herthab. We seem to have a bit of an issue at home whereby we struggle to break teams down. Apart from Sheffield United we have really toiled to pick up points at home. Rochdale and Oldham were open against us and we picked up only 1 point in those games so it's not just an issue against teams parking the bus.

If we can sort ourselves out at home it could be the difference between autos and play offs, as you allude to.

Dare I suggest changing things at home? Our one clear cut chance came from a long ball and flick on by smith that put Willo in. I like our possession football but yesterday we never looked like unlocking Donny by passing it left and right.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 10:03:55 »

That was my first home game of the season, (I know I know I jinxed it) so a couple of observations that are probably very familiar to those who go every week.

A decent crowd given it was a Saturday before Christmas, but my, hasn’t the CG gone quiet. Hardly a peep out of the Townend, what’s happened to them?

Town’s general ability to retain the ball and the angles used to pass out of tight spots was impressive. Doncaster didn’t really look a threat and adopted what will be standard away tactics at the CG of getting men behind the ball and nicking the odd goal.

Which is what they did with a penalty. From the other end of the DRS it looked a great tackle – certainly the ball changed direction significantly. If it was a foul and penalty then surely as last man it should have been a red as well. Overall the ref failed to impress. The penalty he awarded us looked very soft.

To our credit we continued our patient passing game right to the end, however here there becomes a difference between patient build up play and helping Doncaster run the clock down. Being one down with five minutes to go a little more urgency was needed. Also the Town’s determination to play the passing game regardless occasional meant they lost the ball in areas they shouldn’t – and better teams would have punished us for it. Doncaster were through on goal, as a result, a couple of times with their finishing letting them down badly.

Overall it should have been a draw, and we had opportunities to win it especially when Williams was through one-on-one and missed.

And £25 for a ticket…?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 11:46:18 »

Yep, ghanimah.  Wouldn't disagree with any of that. 

The one thing I would add is that I thought, for the second match in a row, the pitch looked 'dead' - presumably as a result of all that sand which has been put on it. 
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 12:08:11 »

Hi all.

Nothing changes on here...some different views on it....here is mine.
Thought Doncaster got it spot on and are a better team than there lge position shows..that said i thought the whole team looked flat and all were waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen...Byrne seemed off the pace and his direct running at the defence was missing.
Still think Obika struggles a bit with the style we play...he is used to balls over the top to run onto.
That said all you want is 100% and this team always gives it...i like that...it is turning into a great season
Wallsall will be tough let us hope we bounce back.

All the best to you all....have a great Christmas.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 12:11:00 »

That was a soft penalty. Like a fluffy polar bear soft.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 12:11:55 »

Yep, ghanimah.  Wouldn't disagree with any of that.  

The one thing I would add is that I thought, for the second match in a row, the pitch looked 'dead' - presumably as a result of all that sand which has been put on it.  
I didn't notice the pitch last game, but yesterday it was poor, no bounce and bumpy (could have embarrassed Wes in the first half!).  What is the problem that they have put tons of sand on?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 12:37:30 »

I didn't notice the pitch last game, but yesterday it was poor, no bounce and bumpy (could have embarrassed Wes in the first half!).  What is the problem that they have put tons of sand on?

Apparently sand gets put on the grass to prevent the frost taking a hold of the grass? Just from what Nathan said on the post-match interview.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 12:45:00 »

Not doubting it, but didn't notice so much sand last year.

I assumed it was cost cutting way of assisting the absorption of rain. But they had the sprinklers on at half time..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 14:25:57 »

I think this is the first time I've ever noticed our own fans mentioning the pitch.. In a negative way..

Must've been really poor.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:13:35 »

It's not really poor at all. In all honesty I didn't notice it this time, but I did last home game.

The ball doesn't zip and doesn't bounce as much. I thought it was waterlogged until I realised the water they were kicking up was in fact sand.

The players aren't complaining so our must be OK.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 16:23:23 »

It's not really poor at all. In all honesty I didn't notice it this time, but I did last home game.

The ball doesn't zip and doesn't bounce as much. I thought it was waterlogged until I realised the water they were kicking up was in fact sand.

The players aren't complaining so our must be OK.

I think Wes mentioned in a tweet that 'the pitch didn't help' - I hadn't noticed any others though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
JayBox325

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 18:52:50 »

I think Wes mentioned in a tweet that 'the pitch didn't help' - I hadn't noticed any others though.

And Nathan Thompson in the post-match interview said that the pitch wasn't great.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: