Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Doncaster Rovers Match Day Thread.  (Read 33558 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:14:31 »

"Gladwin was pathetic, cannot run, no good on the left wing!"

Except for last week?
Well, he wasn't very good this week FH, very cumbersome and poor positionally at times.  As you say, last week was different, sadly too many had off days this week.
Flashheart

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:16:34 »

Well, he wasn't very good this week FH, very cumbersome and poor positionally at times.  As you say, last week was different, sadly too many had off days this week.

Sounds as though a few of the players were off par. Perhaps a few of them had a tad too much Christmas 'spirit'?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:17:11 »

The penalty given against us was strange, the ball was taken - not sure if he took the man before the ball as wrong end of pitch for me, but as he was the last man surely it should have been a red card? He did book their guy for giving a penalty for us, not sure that was a pen either but didn't have the best view!
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:21:09 »

Theirs was never a pen from where I was.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:34:26 »

We could be out there now and not score.....

my mate had some sonny mates.

They reckon none of them were pens.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:36:28 »

You've got to give them some credit to be fair. They were well organised, sussed us out and did the job. It was up to us to break them down, we couldn't.

This..

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:37:48 »

I presume teams do that against the Dongs as well.

They seem to get round it, though.

We seem to try to be too precise and lose momentum going forward at times.

This as well......

Clems Army!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 21:03:04 »

A little reflection on the game after a few beers. Probably one of our worst home performances of the season, apart from a spell when we seemed to be getting the upper hand and pressuring well comes the penalty decision which changed the whole  situation and then it becomes very difficult to break down a well organised outfit.

I love seeing us keeping the ball and trying to work suitable attacking positions but Gladwin is not the answer down the left on this performance and Byrne likewise on the right who seems to have gone backwards from his early season form. Both doing too many turns inside and then into trouble often resulting in losing the ball. Obika/Williams thrive on crosses into the dangerous areas and that sort of ball was sadly lacking today.

I have the feeling that playing away suits us far more than at home as teams have susssed our style of play and are quite content to sit back when playing us here and we will see far more games like this as the season progresses.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 21:39:29 »

On a positive note, a crowd of 7,793 on the biggest shopping Saturday of the year is a pretty impressive figure.

I would wager a few of the "free kids" have dragged their parents back.

So well done the Trust
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 00:02:43 »

Would have put a lot of money on Williams to score that one given his recent form. As others have said thought we would miss penalty - can only think Smith's lack of recent game time contributed as it really was a piss poor effort. Surprised he didn't go 3 up top rather than take Obika off neither Gladwin nor Kasim were at the races at all today. Disappointed Reeeves didn't get a bit of a run out rather than Bell in last 10 minutes as I can't imagine Bell will still be here come February whereas I hope Reeves is. Certainly think he will be needed to cover Mass and Kas jaunting off to Asian Cup.
As for their penalty looked a great tackle tome but will see if FL show supports refs decision

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 00:12:57 »

I have the inside line on why Sherwood was there.  Embarrassed

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 08:33:22 »

I wonder if kasim was deliberately dog shit so Iraq don't select him.

Disappointing we didn't get to the byline once yesterday. Gladwin nearly did but got blatantly pulled back by his shirt and wasn't given the foul. I wish Byrne would try to get to the byline meow rather than cut back inside. He has lost some of his early season mojo unfortunately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 08:46:43 »

I wish Byrne would try to get to the byline meow rather than cut back inside.

Fucking pussy!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 08:47:53 »

Ffs, I've watched the replay, still looks like a great tackle to me. What was kassim doing letting their man run.

Though ours was possibly one, bit soft.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 08:51:32 »

Fucking pussy!

Pretty sure I typed more!! Haha! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: