Pages: 1 ... 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996436 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11070 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 12:41:15 »

Tricky for starve Starmer, attacking while in a pandemic would be seen as using it for political gain.

not been impressed, but I do think the gloves are still on
Flashheart

« Reply #11071 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 12:43:42 »

Labour need to get rid of Starmer. Rightly or wrongly, people haven't taken to him and we could be looking at another large Tory majority after the next election if things go on as they are. He's no doubt not been helped by all the in-fighting. The country is in the grips of a Tory government running rampant and the opposition seem more concerned about their own lot.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11072 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 12:51:04 »

The fact labour can't may a glove on them says a lot for starmer unless you go for the theory of keeping his powder dry.

I don't think it says much about Starmer or Labour to be honest, if the media won't report things he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He gives Johnson a kicking each PMQ's yet Hoyle for whatever reason will never stop Johnson lying or ask him to correct the record.

Similarly with the stuff about Hancock breaking the law, compare the limited reporting this has been getting in the media with the extent they are reporting the Salmond/Strugeon stuff and Harry/Meghan.

The problem/issue is that if people only get their news from the MSM then Labours voice is limited.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11073 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 12:52:14 »

Labour need to get rid of Starmer. Rightly or wrongly, people haven't taken to him and we could be looking at another large Tory majority after the next election if things go on as they are. He's no doubt not been helped by all the in-fighting. The country is in the grips of a Tory government running rampant and the opposition seem more concerned about their own lot.

And replace with who? for the reasons noted above no Labour leader is going to get a fair crack of the whip until the media turn against Johnson.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11074 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 13:08:36 »

Bucklands logic is beyond comprehension and shows how unfit he is for that office - similar to virtually every Tory minister. Main stream media do report anti Johnson / anti Tory news. I don't think that can be used an excuse for Labours continuing failures. I know they are mostly right wing but there's enough stuff out there. I think its a case of a lot of people don't give a fuck or for those that do, no credible alternative at the moment.

Ignore
« Reply #11075 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 15:05:24 »

Both of Swindon's MP's are utterly vile individuals. The evidence against the pair is overwhelming. People still vote for that pair of cunts though.

Labour are in no mans land. Trying to steer toward the middle ground after the last GE walkover and in doing so angering their core voters. Greens for me as things stand.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11076 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 15:33:05 »

Both of Swindon's MP's are utterly vile individuals. The evidence against the pair is overwhelming. People still vote for that pair of cunts though.

Labour are in no mans land. Trying to steer toward the middle ground after the last GE walkover and in doing so angering their core voters. Greens for me as things stand.
I think labour would be better off splitting in two. Let Corbyn and his momentum acolytes set up their own party and let labour get back to centre left and electable once again.
Momentum are a nasty bunch of cunts.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #11077 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 15:56:28 »

I think labour would be better off splitting in two. Let Corbyn and his momentum acolytes set up their own party and let labour get back to centre left and electable once again.
Momentum are a nasty bunch of cunts.

Often thought the same with the ERG 'kipper wing agitating alongside the one nation Tories (normally). Big problem with FPTP when each of the big two keep the broadest of broad churches, and just look at the trouble it's caused over the years.

Right wing, inside right, CF (lib Dem), inside left, left wing - simples !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11078 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 17:40:12 »

Often thought the same with the ERG 'kipper wing agitating alongside the one nation Tories (normally). Big problem with FPTP when each of the big two keep the broadest of broad churches, and just look at the trouble it's caused over the years.

Right wing, inside right, CF (lib Dem), inside left, left wing - simples !
Which is why we should replace the clearly not fit for purpose FPTP with some form of PR. And also why it won't happen.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11079 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 13:04:21 »

Through the looking glass now folks, a Conservative exchequer ramping up corporation tax and spending loads of money. Funny old world, isn't it!

Edit: A massive tax write off for investment by companies though - basically if you're a company, invest every penny you've got and don't claim an accounting profit!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 13:10:19 by Nemo » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #11080 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 13:10:47 »

He seems to have split it though with a smaller rate applying to companies with lower profits.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11081 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 13:21:57 »

Tell you what, I wouldn't fancy responding to this for Labour. Going after the northern towns vote in some style. They're a lot better at politics than Theresa May ever was, for sure.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11082 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 13:37:49 »

Tell you what, I wouldn't fancy responding to this for Labour. Going after the northern towns vote in some style. They're a lot better at politics than Theresa May ever was, for sure.

Thing is they know the northern towns vote was/is slipping substantially already, and this is before the real effects of Brexit seep through. They have fucked over the fishermen, they are fucking over the farmers (the main votes they always got up north), they are sticking two fingers up at business etc etc.

Its going to be an interesting term of parliament this one.

Ignore
« Reply #11083 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 14:19:01 »

Corporation tax to 25%. Labour wanted to go to 26% in 2019. Critic's said they'd cripple the country. Go figure.

Fuck all for keyworkers as expected.

Also proof that money is and was always available if they wanted it to be. Austerity in 2010 wasn't necessary and everything they cut and closed didn't have to be. Yeah, I still hate the Tories.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11084 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 15:29:49 »

Bizarre that he included a direct lie about Freeports only being permissible as a result of Brexit (there are several Freeports in the EU, we could have had them at any time we wanted). I thought there was some special legal status about Chancellors directly lying (as opposed to just bullshitting) in the Budget?
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: