Pages: 1 ... 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996890 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10950 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 16:22:10 »

What actually are these £30 food parcels? Are they free donations or are people paying for them (that includes taxpayer)? I haven't read up on this
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10951 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 16:39:35 »

What actually are these £30 food parcels? Are they free donations or are people paying for them (that includes taxpayer)? I haven't read up on this

They are to feed kids provided by the state, previously parents got vouchers to the value of £30 to spend on food (could not be spent on booze, lottery tickets etc - despite what the Mail and Ben Bradley would like people to think), but Bradley and the right wing press posted/published all manner of unsubstantiated bollocks about drug dealers accepting the vouchers hence they were withdrawn and now we are here, with instead of getting £30 worth of food the kids are getting a fivers worth, we are a civilised country apparently.
Panda Paws

« Reply #10952 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 16:50:32 »

Absolutely grim.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10953 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 16:52:06 »

Yeah, that's pretty shite really. Thanks Horlock.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10954 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 19:08:37 »

Let's cut the foreign aid budget.  We need to look after our own.   Hmmm
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #10955 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 19:22:31 »

It's despicable but sadly not a surprise. I hope someone important is held accountable but I won't get my hopes up.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #10956 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 19:36:00 »

Just for a little bit of balance, Marcus Rashfords Child Food Poverty website has Chartwell as one of its suppliers which does not excuse the lack of food shown one iota but the bread in the picture is dated “best by November”. Something not quite right?

https://i2.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Chartwells-food-poverty-supporter-copy.jpg?resize=1200%2C675&ssl=1

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10957 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 22:52:10 »

I'm on my one but posted something on Twitter a couple or three weeks back about groceries spends. Asked people how much they thought I'd spent. There was enough for one person for about 10 days to 2 weeks (depending on how much of a greedy cunt you are) but should've done two people and possible a young child for about a week.

There were;
4 x Pork Steaks
8 x Chicken thighs
8 x Bacon Rashers
1kg Rice
500g Pasta
Medium Sliced Loaf
Biscuits
8 x Crisps
2 x tins of toms
1kg Chips
500g Cereal
3 x Bananas
10 x Oranges
300g Mushrooms
500g Butter
4pts Milk
40 Tea Bags

Came to £12.50

I will add I'm pretty skint but I won't plead poverty, of course I will shop thriftly (stingy cunt, call it what you like). Even when it was the ex & I we rarely went over £50 for a weeks shop. I understand larger families of course spending more but you can take advantage of bulk buys/multi buys that won't get wasted so much. Herein I think lies the issue. We generally (as a collective nation) buy way more than we actually consume. Hopefully the trend is happening and becoming common place that any food we don't eat, is sent to a food bank/given to homeless shelters. As long as it's ok. They bloody need it more than us.

We all like a good feed but gluttony in this country is disgusting. The waste it carries with it is the unfortunate friend.

Throwback.

These cunts need to give me their £30 per week per family contract. As was well debated at the time (but importantly genuine), I could get them pretty much enough for a week for about a third of the cost. I reckon for £30 I could get enough to cover a couple and a young kid for about 3weeks.

What a bunch of wankers.

#BambooNoShop (For Jayo Smiley )

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10958 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 08:53:53 »

Throwback.

These cunts need to give me their £30 per week per family contract. As was well debated at the time (but importantly genuine), I could get them pretty much enough for a week for about a third of the cost. I reckon for £30 I could get enough to cover a couple and a young kid for about 3weeks.

What a bunch of wankers.

#BambooNoShop (For Jayo Smiley )
You're assuming they actually give a shit about feeding kids. They don't. It's all about how much of that 30 quid they can claw off into their own pockets.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10959 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:00:13 »

You're assuming they actually give a shit about feeding kids. They don't. It's all about how much of that 30 quid they can claw off into their own pockets.

Somebody (cannot remember who) made a good point about when people complain about the government not doing a good job...

The government are doing a brilliant job of what they're actually there to do - make their mates billionaires and sell off what's left of the country, while blaming marginalised groups and hardworking minorities.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10960 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:30:52 »

A question that should be put to them; if this country is supposed to be so rich ,prosperous & bountiful, why do so many need food banks and free school meals?

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10961 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:46:38 »

Quote from: 4D

I think it has been out to them several times, and ignored

at least, I've not seen an answer.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #10962 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:23:35 »

And they will still get voted in again.

All the fucking sensible dads who thought Corbyn was a bit too radical should be having a look at themselves in the mirror right now. All they've done is enable this shower of cunts. And now we've got an opposition leader in Starmer who has so far has been less effective than Marcus Rashford and Les Dennis. Shit state of affairs.

Ignore
« Reply #10963 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:36:32 »

Hancock on TV this morning was another shocker. Vile cunts these Tories are.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10964 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:10:08 »

Hancock on TV this morning was another shocker. Vile cunts these Tories are.

Really awful, a simple "Yes, in hindsight I should have voted a different way, I'm glad we are doing it now" would have been appropriate & sufficient - instead of conducting himself in such a cocky manner

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: