Pages: 1 ... 692 693 694 [695] 696 697 698 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995627 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10410 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 19:48:08 »

In the middle of a crisis in the testing system that threatens a second wave outbreak of COVID, the govt has shut down a testing centre in Ebbsfleet so it can be used for a lorry park when their Brexit fuck up hits. Brexit vs Public Health, in direct contrast, only ever going to be one winner, tells you everything about this govt's priorities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-54158100
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10411 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 21:30:58 »

In the middle of a crisis in the testing system that threatens a second wave outbreak of COVID, the govt has shut down a testing centre in Ebbsfleet so it can be used for a lorry park when their Brexit fuck up hits. Brexit vs Public Health, in direct contrast, only ever going to be one winner, tells you everything about this govt's priorities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-54158100

Shock the governement closed a testing centre and relocate it to another site, the current crisis is labs not testing locations
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10412 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:15:18 »

Shock the governement closed a testing centre and relocate it to another site, the current crisis is labs not testing locations

Not strictly correct, we have the capacity to do the tests, but they are just not being done.

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1306123885621006339?s=20

As an aside, I never noticed just how welsh Buckland is before.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10413 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:20:41 »

If it was just labs, people in London wouldn't be told go to Dundee to get a test, or people in Belfast told to go to Wales. The whole system is a fucking mess, face it, your govt couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery. And remember we weren't going to need those lorry parks for Brexit, that was just Project Fear wasn't it? Watch what happens when they start filling up, the same arseholes who are making a complete hash of Test and Trace are also the ones telling us what a super success they're going to make of Brexit.

The juxtaposition of an ongoing failure with the catastrophe still to come is perfect symbol of this shambles of a govt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10414 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:09:26 »

surely they're protecting the labs by prioritising hotspot areas

e.g. labs can do 20 tests, London gets 5, Dundee gets 15.

I mean it's not less shambolic, it's shambles management.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10415 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:16:52 »

surely they're protecting the labs by prioritising hotspot areas

e.g. labs can do 20 tests, London gets 5, Dundee gets 15.

I mean it's not less shambolic, it's shambles management.

I think stories are being muddled on causes of the problem, not being helped by the nonsense the government keep talking coming up with what appears to be random figures on testing capacity and actual delivery. There was something earlier than suggested we are averaging 62k tests a day but we (if the government are to be believed) have capacity for 300k a day.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10416 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:23:01 »

but field reports suggest that a lot of centres are very quiet/empty despite not being able to book a test.

may be a local thing I suppose
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10417 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:33:50 »

but field reports suggest that a lot of centres are very quiet/empty despite not being able to book a test.

may be a local thing I suppose

I wonder whether its a lack of test kits causing the problem, I read somewhere of a guy who booked  test for his kid displaying symptoms, drove 40 odd miles with a poorly kid to take it to arrive and be told he couldn't have the test as they didn't have any kits.

Some good work by Rayner in PMQ's today!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10418 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:37:05 »

Depressing yet entirely expected reading https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/brexit-costs-would-be-higher-than-coronavirus-for-the-uk-goldman-says.html
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10419 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:44:20 »

I wonder whether its a lack of test kits causing the problem, I read somewhere of a guy who booked  test for his kid displaying symptoms, drove 40 odd miles with a poorly kid to take it to arrive and be told he couldn't have the test as they didn't have any kits.

Some good work by Rayner in PMQ's today!

At least his eyes were working ok though.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10420 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 16:00:43 »

If it was just labs, people in London wouldn't be told go to Dundee to get a test, or people in Belfast told to go to Wales. The whole system is a fucking mess, face it, your govt couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery.

So is the issue with people in Swindon not being able to get a test a lab issue or test centres? As Swindon now has 3? I don't think its the later.

One of the issues is people going for tests when they don't have symptoms or haven't been told to go. I've read stories where people have come back from holiday and think, lets go and check...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10421 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 16:38:12 »

yes fine people have been silly, but the main issues is that the test and trace is currently inadequate.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10422 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 16:38:26 »

One of the issues is people going for tests when they don't have symptoms or haven't been told to go. I've read stories where people have come back from holiday and think, lets go and check...

Wouldn't really call that an issue for someone legitimately ensuring they are safe and I doubt you can personally count for anyone else's health and wellbeing. There is an element of "better safe than sorry" with a fair chunk of society. Combine that with the absolute mishmash of continued blurring of guidance (it's an incredibly loose term) from the Government (also another loose term), is it any wonder people are taking it upon themselves to essentially do the right thing if unsure?

When I return from my travels, even if I don't personally feel unwell, I will most likely go and get a test done; it would be more so due to "making sure" that I don't pass this extremely contagious virus to anyone else. Especially people who to me, could be unknowingly more at risk than myself.

Like I've stated many times, the Government are only doing one job well and that is dividing opinion the masses. Divide and conquer. Story and strategy as old as time.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10423 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:30:43 »

Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, hasn't read the Good Friday Agreement. It is only 35 pages long. That's not even as long as one of bamboo's posts.

https://twitter.com/EmmandJDeSouza/status/1306319236583903234
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10424 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 12:24:29 »

Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, hasn't read the Good Friday Agreement. It is only 35 pages long. That's not even as long as one of bamboo's posts.

https://twitter.com/EmmandJDeSouza/status/1306319236583903234

Fantastic (ooh irony within my own posting style too) Paul 

I would buy you a beer for that.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 694 [695] 696 697 698 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: