Pages: 1 ... 679 680 681 [682] 683 684 685 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996207 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10215 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 14:57:53 »

You’ll fit in well here 😉
No comment on paedo-defender and friend of the IRA, Claire Fox in the Lords then? Happy to just let that pass?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10216 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 15:15:15 »

I would have thought whatever political persuasion you have, appointments to the House of Lords are dodgy as you like. I was a fan of Ian Botham as a cricketer but I do not know what qualifies him for a position in the Lords.

He supported Brexit, enjoys a bevvie.  And, importantly, he's Johnson's mate.
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #10217 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 15:25:35 »

He supported Brexit, enjoys a bevvie.  And, importantly, he's Johnson's mate.

By that criteria I'm surprised Farage isn't in.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #10218 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 15:37:54 »

Has the newbie put his foot in it here? I'm a bit confused?

I would have thought whatever political persuasion you have, appointments to the House of Lords are dodgy as you like. I was a fan of Ian Botham as a cricketer but I do not know what qualifies him for a position in the Lords.

No, Legends Lounge is a prick.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10219 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 16:26:07 »

No, Legends Lounge is a prick.

👍🤣
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10220 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 07:03:47 »

No comment on paedo-defender and friend of the IRA, Claire Fox in the Lords then? Happy to just let that pass?
As three Tory mayors have been convicted of child sex offences over the last couple of years Fox will fit in just fine.

Add to the mix the various far right figures associated with Waxy Lemon who have been similarly convicted and draw ones own conclusions.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10221 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 09:58:35 »

Things that will get you suspended from the Conservative Party:
Voting with your conscience
Following correct parliamentary procedure to ensure a report on foreign interference in UK public life is published

Things that won't get you suspended from the Conservative Party:
Being arrested for a rape so brutal the victim needed hospital treatment
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10222 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:06:56 »

Things that won't get you suspended from the Conservative Party:
Being arrested for a rape so brutal the victim needed hospital treatment

I do think there's a bit of complexity here - the suggestion is that the MP involved hasn't been named publicly (although obviously there's mass speculation on the internet) as it would effectively identify the victim, who has a right to anonymity. Suspending the whip publicly would presumably do the same. I'd hope the MP in question has been told to stay off the parliamentary estate etc. and the lack of a formal suspension is simply to do with trying to maintain some degree of anonymity.

But perhaps that's just me trying to see the best in a party that perhaps don't deserve the benefit of the doubt at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10223 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:15:19 »

I can't find 54 year old Mark Francois Twitter account anymore.  (ok he didn't have one)

In a separate thing that is no way linked, how old was this Tory that is under investigation?
Flashheart

« Reply #10224 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:16:20 »

I do think there's a bit of complexity here - the suggestion is that the MP involved hasn't been named publicly (although obviously there's mass speculation on the internet) as it would effectively identify the victim, who has a right to anonymity. Suspending the whip publicly would presumably do the same. I'd hope the MP in question has been told to stay off the parliamentary estate etc. and the lack of a formal suspension is simply to do with trying to maintain some degree of anonymity.

But perhaps that's just me trying to see the best in a party that perhaps don't deserve the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

That's one potential argument. He might also be innocent. (Not trying to claim he is innocent, just that he might be)

What there is certainly no excuse for, however, is Moggy sitting on it for at least a month. Presumably to help cover up a mate. That should be a sackable offence, regardless of whether or not the accused is innocent or guilty.

Nothing will happen.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10225 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:32:47 »

Isn't the norm that suspect isn't named until charged, fact he is a MP should be little different.

Away so not read much about this, but I dont understand why it has all kicked off with inspector knacker this weekend yet JRM and the Chief Whip have known for weeks, suggests that the victim went to the party before the rozzers?
Flashheart

« Reply #10226 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:41:31 »

Isn't the norm that suspect isn't named until charged, fact he is a MP should be little different.

Away so not read much about this, but I dont understand why it has all kicked off with inspector knacker this weekend yet JRM and the Chief Whip have known for weeks, suggests that the victim went to the party before the rozzers?

From what I can gather, she did go to the party first, and is now complaining that nothing was being done about it. It looks like Moggie was just hoping it would disappear. That's how it appears to me anyway, I could be wrong.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #10227 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 14:36:12 »

Unfortunately, the suspect in a case is very often named before (s)he is charged,although official communications from the Police do not give names.  For MPs, the law was changed in 2016, when it was deemed by the then Justice Secretary, Chris Grayling no less, that MPs needed more protection.

And certainly, Flashheart, the presumption of innocence protects no-one at all these days.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #10228 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 15:20:14 »

I can't find 54 year old Mark Francois Twitter account anymore.  (ok he didn't have one)

In a separate thing that is no way linked, how old was this Tory that is under investigation?
The said Tory is in his 50’s and an ex minister so plenty to pick from
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10229 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 15:55:26 »

[quote="brocklesby red]The said Tory is in his 50’s and an ex minister so plenty to pick from[/quote]

How many are there really?
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 681 [682] 683 684 685 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: