Pages: 1 ... 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2017456 times)
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #9945 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:04:50 »

Hmmmmm

The whole Cenotaph episode smells real bad. Watch the reaction, I mean the inaction, of the police from 1:24. Now they've boarded the cenotaph up, cue outrage. A stunt throughout. We're all being played.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9946 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:33:20 »

The whole Cenotaph episode smells real bad. Watch the reaction, I mean the inaction, of the police from 1:24. Now they've boarded the cenotaph up, cue outrage. A stunt throughout. We're all being played.

The cynic in me does wonder whether the present disorder is being rather stoked to distract what what is really going on in the background, on both sides of the Atlantic.

Job losses being announced, No Deal Brexit looming, UK-US trade talks next week: the British will get shafted over food standards & NHS, cronyism of public sector contracts to mates, herd immunity aka population cull. Racism debate is a smokescreen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9947 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:36:38 »

The cynic in me does wonder whether the present disorder is being rather stoked to distract what what is really going on in the background, on both sides of the Atlantic.

Job losses being announced, No Deal Brexit looming, UK-US trade talks next week: the British will get shafted over food standards & NHS, cronyism of public sector contracts to mates, herd immunity aka population cull. Racism debate is a smokescreen.
You missed out a govt minister accepting a bribe to break the law for a Tory donor's profit.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #9948 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:37:20 »

That is very interesting.  Looks like the Police aggressively protected the individual on the cenotaph when others were clearly trying to get him to stop.  It looks to me like the Police could easily have got him down and there were enough of them to do so without risking him hitting the ground.  Conspiracy theories aside, that is just very strange.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9949 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:39:41 »

That is very interesting.  Looks like the Police aggressively protected the individual on the cenotaph when others were clearly trying to get him to stop.  It looks to me like the Police could easily have got him down and there were enough of them to do so without risking him hitting the ground.  Conspiracy theories aside, that is just very strange.
*her. Undercover cop acting as provocateur? Wouldn't be the first time, there was a lot of coverage of the SDS and POIU a couple of years ago and some of those cases still going through the courts
Equally, could be interpreted that they were trying to stop other people possibly joining her, lot easier to deal with just one than a whole bunch of people
« Last Edit: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:43:23 by pauld » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #9950 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 10:45:40 »

To begin with, I thought you were being a tad silly.

Then I reminded myself that this government is being led, advised by Cummings.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9951 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 11:28:43 »

So, we're "taking back control" by having no border controls on goods imported into the UK, but accepting full border controls in the other direction. It's almost as if the EU, being the much larger partner in these trade negotiations, can dictate whatever terms they want isn't it? "But they need us more than we need them".

https://www.ft.com/content/37fad070-160f-4d3b-b043-940b843a0daf?shareType=nongift
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #9952 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 11:31:06 »

*her. Undercover cop acting as provocateur? Wouldn't be the first time, there was a lot of coverage of the SDS and POIU a couple of years ago and some of those cases still going through the courts
Equally, could be interpreted that they were trying to stop other people possibly joining her, lot easier to deal with just one than a whole bunch of people

There are WW1 memorials up and down the country, and not one to my knowledge has been targeted by BLM protesters.

ONE individual climbs the Cenotaph with a lighter (video reproduced in the Daily Telegraph), a police unit watches on as she cavorts while being filmed. The Cenotaph is now boarded up because of the 'threat', and Little England is in uproar.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9953 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 12:57:57 »

For the record the damage to Alfred Fagon’s is equally as despicable. Whole tit for tat could have been avoided if the police actually enforced the law at the beginning, anyone with half a brain cell knew what would follow.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9954 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 05:58:55 »

It’s only been boarded up this time to prevent the ‘far right’ from trying to protect them. The Cenotaph shouldn’t need to boarded up under any circumstances, it’s non political and a tribute to the fallen.
The cenotaph and churchill have been boarded up on numerous occasions prior to demonstrations (May Day 2001, various student protests), strangely the FLA etc have been less interested in those cases...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9955 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 16:07:00 »

The far right have fucked up big time today.  BLM tactfully withdraw, and leave the skins to take centre stage.  Nazi salutes next to Churchill's statue, urinating on PC Keith Palmer's memorial.  As Napoleon said, never interrupt your opponent when they're busy making a mistake.  Horrible people.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9956 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 16:56:41 »

The only winners today are coke dealers.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9957 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 17:24:43 »

Sure it was the polices fault, they were only trying to protect the statues.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9958 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 17:27:28 »

Quote from: Ardiles
The far right have fucked up big time today.  BLM tactfully withdraw, and leave the skins to take centre stage.  Nazi salutes next to Churchill's statue, urinating on PC Keith Palmer's memorial.  As Napoleon said, never interrupt your opponent when they're busy making a mistake.  Horrible people.

But right minded people already think they are a bunch of  racist fucktards.

not sure what the fuck up is?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9959 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 17:37:59 »

But right minded people already think they are a bunch of  racist fucktards.

not sure what the fuck up is?
From social media over the last week I fear there are fewer right minded people about than previously envisaged.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: