Pages: 1 ... 657 658 659 [660] 661 662 663 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2004962 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9885 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:22:30 »

I tried pointing this out to some farmers on twitter recently, did not go down well.

Them: "How do you know farmers voted Brexit!?"
Me: "It says it on every poll I can find. Happy to be proven wrong."
Them: "Maybe you're just finding what you want to find!"
Me: "I'm googling the question and reading all the results. Happy to be proven wrong. Every poll I can find says so. Can you show me some links that say otherwise?"
[silence]

Them: "I'm a farmer and I didn't vote Brexit!"
Me: "But lots of others did."
Them: "Right. So all farmers are Brexiteers then!"

Them: "Farmers are lumped together not just politically but ability, situation, money and all the ways we are pigeonholed. Some of the worst culprits to my great annoyance is school teachers!

At which point I realised that sensible debate and discussion on Twitter is absolutely pointless, at least with farmers.

I must have imagined all the leave paraphernalia in the fields round here, the same fields that are full of blue billboards come election time.

Sadly the farmers, like the fishermen and the good people of Sunderland are going to feel the consequences of their actions.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9886 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:45:44 »

Sadly the farmers, like the fishermen and the good people of Sunderland are going to feel the consequences of their actions.

More sadly the first people to feel the consequences, will be the Ulster folk, who voted to Remain.  Their business organisations having had border controls sprung on them by Johnson, are pointing out can't happen by January, which would leave them in chaos, even if Lockdown hadn't.

On a positive note, Farage always pointed out that with the ceasing of FoM, immigration would have to be from elsewhere to drive the economy. It was assumed this would mainly be from the sub continent, but Johnson has pulled a rabbit, by announcing the granting of FoM for 3 million Hong Kong Chinese.  Bit of a a master stroke.... 
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #9887 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 09:18:04 »

For your average Brexiter, not so sure shutting the door on Polish plumbers only to open it again for immigrants from HK and the sub-continent is going to sit well. We'll see.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9888 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 09:36:04 »

For your average Brexiter, not so sure shutting the door on Polish plumbers only to open it again for immigrants from HK and the sub-continent is going to sit well. We'll see.

Thing is setting the HK issue aside it was entirely inevitable, I have noted on here on various occasions that I have people in my wider family who voted leave purely on the basis that they seemed to think it would mean fewer brown faces in the towns they live in, despite migration from the sub-continent having nothing whatsoever to do with the EU.

And it was only ever going to increase to meet the shortfalls caused by reduction in EU migration, its already the case that India, who we are going to be begging for a trade deal, have already stated that they will only grant one if we relax visa requirements for their citizens.

Sadly, just another case of people believing the lies peddled by the snake oil salesmen that such inevitabilities were 'project fear'.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9889 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 09:49:03 »

Thing is setting the HK issue aside

Don't think you can do this..... the Mein Kampf of the cabinet loons, Britannia Unchained, clearly outlines that they think the British worker is lazy and should be more like the average Indian... not wanting to be a pop star or footballer but a doctor or cabinet minister.  Hong Kong Chinese offer this and more
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9890 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 10:30:14 »

I was told they were not obliged to put county of origin in the packaging under the proposals too...

still, farmers voted brexit..

See how easy the lies flowed.

https://twitter.com/operabinoculars/status/1268837467265867776?s=20
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9891 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 10:46:30 »

Good to see Conservative Party councillor (Ryan Houghton), who was a PPC for Aberdeen North, has been let back into the party.

ICYMI: he questioned evidence of the Holocaust, said Islam’s core teachings had the goal of “world domination” & discussed “Eurabia”.

That's on top of the Two Tory mayors & a deputy have been convicted for child sex offences inside of a year.

Nice.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9892 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 13:19:02 »

This is pretty big news and a start of change. Did not think I would ever see the beginnings of this in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/07/minneapolis-city-council-defund-police-george-floyd

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9893 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 15:42:24 »

In December Johnson told us he had "an oven-ready Brexit deal"; in January (instead of preparing for COVID-19) he was celebrating the "great" deal he had negotiated with the EU; now he is insisting the EU is being intransigent because he wants to renegotiate his "brilliant" "oven-ready" deal. Lying then or lying now? (Obviously, probably both)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9894 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 17:15:02 »

Nigel Lawson was chairman of Vote Leave but soon after the referendum fucked off to live in a mansion in France and announced he would be applying for residency there rather than live among the consequences of the shitstorm he helped create. He's now been turned down because he's not prepared to pay taxes there so now he's crawling back with his tail between his legs.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-lawson-to-quit-france-to-return-to-the-uk-1-5920438
Valid Pint

« Reply #9895 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 22:07:55 »

^^^talking to himself again.
Four votes including a 1.269 MILLION majority. He probably still thinks the electorate got it wrong. FOUR times!
Deluded.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9896 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 06:51:09 »

That was last year. But double 'stupid cunting' him is fine.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9897 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 09:31:31 »

Much has been said on here about those bloody universities turning impressionable people into lefties, yet all along it was all down to Rik Mayall (who passed 6 years ago)!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9898 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 10:03:08 »

This made my morning. https://twitter.com/i/status/1270026617105113093
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9899 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 12:09:12 »

The geniuses among Yaxley Lennon's followers are looking for Islamic statues to pull down. Muslims (and everyone else) are pissing themselves laughing at the morons - "If you find any, let the local mosque know. They’ll come help you."

https://twitter.com/NadiaKamil/status/1270301241546022912
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 659 [660] 661 662 663 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: