Pages: 1 ... 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996440 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #9795 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 20:27:00 »

Yes, all very mature.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #9796 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 22:43:59 »

Bernard Jenkin, the Johnson patsy they helicoptered in as committee chairman, deliberately excluded the ones they thought might give him a hard time as well. Are you sure they gave him a tough time or did he just make hard work of it? Didn't see it myself but from the sounds of it, he was floundering even on the easy stuff.

You can watch it back here, just started myself:

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/8e8e5214-346d-4be8-adf7-addfc839ff6d
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9797 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:53:00 »

Serious question for the right of the forum - has the governments handling of the coronavirus pandemic, which has led to the highest death rate per capita in the world, led to any doubts in their ability to deliver a successful brexit that leads to a stronger Britain in the future? And why?

Things get better but they never get good
Valid Pint

« Reply #9798 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:01:32 »

Serious question for the right of the forum - has the governments handling of the coronavirus pandemic, which has led to the highest death rate per capita in the world, led to any doubts in their ability to deliver a successful brexit that leads to a stronger Britain in the future? And why?
I'll answer on behalf of myself, and then facts:
No.
There were not 4 elections which resulted in the implementation of COVID-19.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9799 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:03:28 »

What does the number of elections have to do with it?

Valid Pint

« Reply #9800 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:05:19 »

What does the number of elections have to do with it?
Speechless. Just think about what you have typed.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9801 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:08:48 »

I have. I don’t understand, could you enlighten me?

Where does the definition of success fit on a scale that goes from ‘just being out’ to ‘being out and more prosperous than before’

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9802 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:10:14 »

Where does the definition of success fit on a scale that goes from ‘just being out’ to ‘being out and more prosperous than before’

I think you may have broken the bot.

They won, get over it!  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9803 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:20:06 »

Even the Tories have stated that Brexit means an economic hit.... just argued about  numbers and length.  The government's own modelling came up with 7.7% of GDP by the mid 30's.  That is probably worst case scenario, but was before CV. Mogg reckoned it might be 50 years before the benefits of replacement trade deals were fully felt.

However, the Brexit vote wasn't about prosperity, rather more a case of wanting to end FoM and break up the Union and accepting the economic hit. The Tories are well on course to achieve this.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9804 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:28:35 »

the number of people who 'just wanted out, even if WTO terms leave us worse off" was staggeringly high in the social media I saw.

it reared again the other day at the suggestion that we could delay negotiations to deal with covid first. weird
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9805 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:39:13 »

The feature of Brexit pertinent to your question would be that there was never any Brexit "plan".  The current approach has haphazardly evolved as a result of 5 years of internal power plays within the Conservative party.  Our Governments have run the gamut from Remain to US regulatory alignment, via all sorts of positions in between.

On coronavirus, the claim to merely being led by "the science" was as vague as the various guises of the Brexit plan.  It was neither wholly plausible nor openly shared.  Probably because there wasn't much to share.  Cummings' editing to show his foresight indicates perfectly a dishonest policy vacuousness.  We opened with a stab in the dark at herd immunity and developed more policies on the hoof, seemingly prompted by media probings such as Hancock's and Boris' random 100k and 200k targets.

However haphazard the journey, we now have a purged Conservative Party and a clear intent to accomodate US regulation in English law and, subject to that, to garner as much cake as possible from the EU.

Whether that will lead to a stronger Britain depends largely on your politics. I will spare you any more of mine, BD.

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:41:12 by RedRag » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9806 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:50:45 »

Laughing while 60oddk have died on your watch, that's a good look.

https://twitter.com/KayBurley/status/1265892309205430272?s=20
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9807 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:56:32 »

you can see the sadness in his eyes though.

odd explanation on the app not being launched. 🤔
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9808 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:00:32 »

'Hancock's Half Hour will be followed by TOTP. Featuring Oasis with Cigarettes & Alcohol...'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9809 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 07:04:57 »

At least Johnson hasn’t threatened to start shooting us yet, could be worse

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: