Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007313 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9735 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:49:00 »

Which parts of the Tory manifesto, which I assume you read when making your choice on policy rather than leader, convinced you to vote for them?

You're assuming I voted. According to Horlock there wasn't much to read. Why did labour lose so many votes in their traditional heartlands? Perhaps that's more down to Labour not getting it right?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9736 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:53:37 »

Labour are a mess of a party - which they will always be because they pander to Ideology and not Electioneering.  Blair showed them the way - he may have been contemptible to many of the party aficionado's , but he got them in and carried actual policy changes.  In modern parlance, they can't break past their Base, and rather than piss them off a little to gain the middle, they've entrenched in trying to solidify them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9737 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:58:00 »

You're assuming I voted. According to Horlock there wasn't much to read. Why did labour lose so many votes in their traditional heartlands? Perhaps that's more down to Labour not getting it right?
Labour were a fucking shambles. But you said it was the easiest choice in years, not just based on the leaders. So I assumed that you must have carefully weighed up both sets of policies in coming to that conclusion.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9738 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:18:48 »

I've never been one to stick to a party blindly, like some. I like different policies from different parties. Voting choices for me usually come down to weighing up things I'm happier with. I know I'll more than likely end up disappointed afterwards though Smiley Labour annoyed me over Brexit, and their leader at the time. Sometimes the decision is made easier for you.
Valid Pint

« Reply #9739 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:26:10 »

Labour were a fucking shambles. But you said it was the easiest choice in years, not just based on the leaders. So I assumed that you must have carefully weighed up both sets of policies in coming to that conclusion.
There were only 2 parties standing?
What would the result have been if the Brexit Party had stood in the seats it pulled of because of its non-partizan, best for the country policy?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9740 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:30:44 »

I've never been one to stick to a party blindly, like some. I like different policies from different parties. Voting choices for me usually come down to weighing up things I'm happier with. I know I'll more than likely end up disappointed afterwards though Smiley Labour annoyed me over Brexit, and their leader at the time. Sometimes the decision is made easier for you.
Fair enough. Tbh, although I largely agree that people shd on the basis of policy not personalities at the last election it would have been quite reasonable to have just gone "I'm not voting for that dickhead, he'll be a disaster". Problem is that applies whichever way you voted
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9741 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:36:08 »

2019 was basically a Brexit vote, nothing else - didn't matter who was running and what there other manifesto policies were..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9742 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 14:07:09 »

Blair showed them the way - he may have been contemptible to many of the party aficionado's , but he got them in and carried actual policy changes. 

Talking of Blair, I noticed it reported the other day that more NHS and Care workers have now been killed by Covid-19 than UK military personnel in Iraq.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #9743 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 15:00:27 »

I see Starmer has written to Johnson post PMQ's asking him to clarify one of the whoppers he told.
Crikey, easy mistake, you can’t expect the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to know stuff that happened when he was on holiday!!

Nor when he was off sick, or if it happened at a weekend, or after 1655 on a week day...
Valid Pint

« Reply #9744 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 17:25:06 »

It must be difficult with a new born & a hugely responsible job. Let's hope the work / life balance is maintained.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9745 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 20:41:34 »

^^^^^ if he can't manage it, he can step aside
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9746 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 21:55:52 »

He wouldn’t last ten minutes under Di Canio.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9747 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 22:16:54 »

This is fucking gold. Bang on the money too. Cracking post Quaggy!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #9748 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 23:20:07 »

I see Starmer has written to Johnson post PMQ's asking him to clarify one of the whoppers he told.

Just caught up on the Johnson/Starmer part of PMQs and found the letter, good stuff:

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9749 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 00:05:11 »

Think Di Canio would find much he admired in Johnson. That's not a compliment to either of them.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: