Pages: 1 ... 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2017693 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9225 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:56:37 »

Typical of the EU to try and threaten another countries sovereignty of which Gibraltar is a part of ours.

The sooner the EU is no more and back to a common trade area (as we were told in 1975) the better
Taking note of Britain's history it's a bit rich to start raising threatening other countries sovereignty.

It was blindingly obvious this was going to happen since 2015, no idea why there is this pearl clutching going on, you knew it was inevitable, you voted for it to happen, time to own your choices?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #9226 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 19:18:11 »

Taking note of Britain's history it's a bit rich to start raising threatening other countries sovereignty.

It was blindingly obvious this was going to happen since 2015, no idea why there is this pearl clutching going on, you knew it was inevitable, you voted for it to happen, time to own your choices?

Right ok so you vote to come out of a political union and it’s acceptable then that one of your sovereign territories is threatened?
Oh please
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9227 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:36:24 »

Right ok so you vote to come out of a political union and it’s acceptable then that one of your sovereign territories is threatened?
Oh please

It has been clear for some time that the integrity of the UK and territories like Gibraltar would be threatened by Brexit.  Scotland is likely to go its own way at some point - or at least to push for a different settlement to the one it has now.  NI's position in the union is also in question, with Republicans seeing a real chance now to move the dial.  Johnson has still not addressed the inherent contradiction in his plan for NI to remain de facto in the EU customs union.

If you voted for Brexit, you voted to make these things more likely - and for the UK (for as long as it exists in its current form) to have a diminished role in the world.  The prospect of this doesn't bother me unduly, to be honest.  But, ironically, I suspect that it will bother a great many of the people who voted to bring it about.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9228 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:07:41 »

Can someone close this thread or rename it fucking Brexit talk.  It's not politics.  It's right wingers shouting and left wingers shouting back.  Frankly it's become a fucking boring thread for the like of LL, OR and the other one who came on calling everyone who disagreed with him cunts last night great fun trolling people.

The only reason I open the bloody thread is that my OCD doesn't allow me to leave that flashing 'new' notification unopened.

I understand actually. Which is why the ignore tab is my go default, excellent feature.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9229 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:36:11 »

No wonder the country is in a mess, the Home Secretary doesn't appear bright enough to know the difference between a terrorist offender and a counter-terrorist.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1224084178142158848

The danger of trying to sound tough by repeating your tough stance (no doubt drilled into her during Dom's briefing), and making a cock of yourself each time you say it.

In other news, he is just a crap Trump isn't he.....

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1224310337492672513
« Last Edit: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:20:02 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9230 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 14:19:12 »

A woman on LBC radio....

"I voted for Boris in the election, I would have voted for Corbyn but he said he was going to abolish food banks, and I rely on food banks."

Seriously? WTF.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 14:37:29 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9231 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 14:27:24 »

A woman on LBC radio this morning....

"I voted for Boris in the election, I would have voted for Corbyn but he said he was going to abolish food banks, and I rely on food banks."

Seriously? WTF.

Did this really happen?

Its been floating around on social media for at least a couple of days, Natalie Rowe was tweeting about it on Sunday night, but there doesn't seem to be an audio clip of it anywhere that I can find?
Flashheart

« Reply #9232 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 14:27:57 »

Crikey!

If it wasn't so sad, it'd be fecking hilarious.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9233 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 14:36:04 »

A mate of mine posted it said he heard it, he is usually truthful and not an outright Boris hater.

It saddens me if true but I am not surprised just disappointed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9234 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 15:57:35 »

I just read the last few days of this thread and reaffirmed the reasons I stay away from it.

People on both sides just turn into embarrassing knuckle dragging idiots..  a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves, this thread is like an infant school forum - 25% worthy debate -  80% numpties.  God help the next generation of kids..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9235 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:06:57 »

Only landowners and the gentry should be allowed to vote - male, of course.

It isn’t for the likes of us.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9236 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 08:49:20 »

I just read the last few days of this thread and reaffirmed the reasons I stay away from it.

People on both sides just turn into embarrassing knuckle dragging idiots..  a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves, this thread is like an infant school forum - 25% worthy debate -  80% numpties.  God help the next generation of kids..
tbf, faithfully reflecting our very own forum's 25% football - 80% bollocks stipulation
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9237 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 10:19:50 »

tbf, faithfully reflecting our very own forum's 25% football - 80% bollocks stipulation
It also reflects what passes for political discourse in this country now, insults and whinging, almost entirely devoid of any actual arguments or even a passing relation to actual reality. We have the democracy we deserve.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9238 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 12:36:26 »

It also reflects what passes for political discourse in this country now, insults and whinging, almost entirely devoid of any actual arguments or even a passing relation to actual reality. We have the democracy we deserve.

With a government formed of the best of the best! The paucity of MP's who appear to have a clue, on all sides of the political divide, is frankly horrific!

Going forward things are looking rather bleak https://www.ft.com/content/27b81994-4690-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 12:40:03 by horlock07 » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9239 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 20:58:40 »

Government apparently backs domestic coal but doesn't support foreign coal in absolute non shocker!

Whilst they put on a front of "supporting" climate change at the 'UK - Africa 2020' initiative, they are supporting outdated non-renewable energy; a new thermal coal mining plant, on our doorstep.

A planning report (Horlock i'm looking for your thoughts) in Cumbria, claims that the thermal coal mine will be "broadly carbon neutral". Because of course, the burning of coal will always result in reducing CO² emissions?!

Post Brexit Britain, the Great United Kingdom, firmly drifting back to the 1970s with a policy that clearly does not meet our own proposed climate ambition.

Think this is the planning report:
http://councilportal.cumbria.gov.uk/documents/s90108/COMMITTEE%2520REPORT.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi54KbNprvnAhVcQkEAHe8dBAQQFjAFegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2E_X_uyMAX_I-hjgvjr6oR

Further reading:
https://www.desmog.co.uk/2020/01/15/new-cumbrian-coal-mine-incompatible-uk-s-climate-ambition-report

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: