Pages: 1 ... 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2015480 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8970 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 13:35:32 »

Few points from someone who voted remain but respects democracy:-
1) What positive reasons did those that wished to remain in the EU give prior to the referendum? ( Project fear was not a positive approach in my opinion)
2) Presumably those wishing to remain would have argued for a second referendum if the numbers had been reversed.
3) I am unaware of any national vote/election receiving more than 50% of the number eligable to vote. Presumably all of these occasions should have been followed by a peoples/confimation/second referendum?

Respect the result even if you don't agree. The other options lead to anarchy.

Well said.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8971 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 13:36:33 »

Few points from someone who voted remain but respects democracy:-
1) What positive reasons did those that wished to remain in the EU give prior to the referendum? ( Project fear was not a positive approach in my opinion)
2) Presumably those wishing to remain would have argued for a second referendum if the numbers had been reversed.
3) I am unaware of any national vote/election receiving more than 50% of the number eligable to vote. Presumably all of these occasions should have been followed by a peoples/confimation/second referendum?

Respect the result even if you don't agree. The other options lead to anarchy.

Why do you still maintain you voted remain, after saying you voted leave, and then smugly told us you vote for Johnson as leader as he was taken to leave asap. Very strange even by the strange debating standards of the TEF.

FWIW, the whole procees after the Ref has been conducted democratically and lawfully, the sole example otherwise Johnson's unlawful proroguing of Parliament.

What should focus your mind now is the same as 3 years ago, how might leaving look, (ie what sort of deal or no deal) and how will it benefit the Brexiteers who voted for it?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8972 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:04:49 »

.... lead to anarchy.

Let's hope so.
Modern anarchist thought is very interesting.
There's something for everyone.

The election was ultimately a minority of people preferring one bunch of cunts over another bunch of cunts.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8973 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:19:52 »

What a dumb ass presumption. Of course not.

Leavers and the likes of Farage and the ERG wouldn't have gone away though would they.

That's also dumb.

Surely even you can see that a national vote is repeated every 4-5 years at maximum allowing the public to change their mind.

Its also worth pointing out that more people voted for pro remain/pro-second ref parties than didn't. It isn't relevant of course, the system is what it is and we will have to suck it up. But it shows why Johnson would never agree to a straight confirmatory Brexit vote.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8974 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:22:45 »

The election was ultimately a minority of people preferring one bunch of cunts over another bunch of cunts.

Sounds about right. Even the New/Old Labour landslide under that cunt Blair had a smaller share of the vote than that Cunt Johnson.

I prefer a cunt over a prick any day. I happen to think like others that the cunt Johnson was a more palletable cunt than the prick Corbyn who tried to be gender neutral.

Still on the upside at least one red team is winning something 😁
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #8975 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:34:25 »

Hello again Reg! I have consistently stated I voted remain on here, you consistently accuse me of saying I voted leave. The forum will have to judge who is telling the truth. You did not answer my basic point which is the hypocrisy of those that say they accept referendum results but don't really.
I am entitled to my opinions regarding democracy were did I mention legality in my original post?
Sad to say a large number of remainiacs paint typical leavers as thick, uneducated racist plebs who had no idea what they were voting for! I would suggest the recent general election result is all the mandate that Boris requires.
Batch great to read your reasoned argument based on "dumb ass" Ha Ha
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8976 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:37:16 »

Hello again Reg! I have consistently stated I voted remain on here, you consistently accuse me of saying I voted leave. The forum will have to judge who is telling the truth. You did not answer my basic point which is the hypocrisy of those that say they accept referendum results but don't really.
I am entitled to my opinions regarding democracy were did I mention legality in my original post?
Sad to say a large number of remainiacs paint typical leavers as thick, uneducated racist plebs who had no idea what they were voting for! I would suggest the recent general election result is all the mandate that Boris requires.
Batch great to read your reasoned argument based on "dumb ass" Ha Ha

Generally does not answer questions Rob, just asks them to be or appear to be a benign provocateur.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8977 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:48:37 »

Sad to say a large number of remainiacs paint typical leavers as thick, uneducated racist plebs who had no idea what they were voting for!

Well, not all of them I suppose Smiley

Though statistically the lower educated you are the more likely you are to vote Brexit - I'm not making that up (google it).

I hope to goodness that we remainers are utterly, totally wrong. I don't see it, but I wouldn't
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8978 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 14:54:10 »

Though statistically the lower educated you are the more likely you are to vote Brexit - I'm not making that up (google it).

I hope to goodness that we remainers are utterly, totally wrong. I don't see it, but I wouldn't

Though statistically the lower educated you are the more likely you are to vote Brexit - I'm not making that up (google it). Nearly spat my tea out at that comment. Firstly I don’t believe it, secondly were it to be true likely because those highly educated types lack common sense and struggle to tie up their shoe laces (that’s why they wear slip-ons) google it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8979 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 15:09:54 »

Though statistically the lower educated you are the more likely you are to vote Brexit - I'm not making that up (google it). Nearly spat my tea out at that comment. Firstly I don’t believe it, secondly were it to be true likely because those highly educated types lack common sense and struggle to tie up their shoe laces (that’s why they wear slip-ons) google it.

I think the correlation between education and propensity to vote for Brexit is fairly well established.  See 4th para.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8980 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 15:10:33 »

Can’t be arsed TBH, not well educated enough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8981 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 15:23:24 »

there you go thicky

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theweek.co.uk/89378/fact-check-did-uk-s-better-educated-vote-remain%3famp
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8982 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 15:23:41 »

Of course by that reckoning Labour should have no MP’s along with the SNP. This increases the Conservative majority to a never before seen figure resulting in...Brexit and a conservative government. Result! 😁
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8983 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 15:25:43 »

Thickly 1 Another thicky 0

Brexit it is. Conservative majority it is. Happy days.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #8984 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 15:41:08 »

I thought it was all about going back to the 'good old days'?  The days when gammons were in their prime.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: