Pages: 1 ... 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996876 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8325 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 16:17:06 »

That's it, keep repeating it and place it on as many threads as you can and people might start believing it.

Based on your email address... any relation to Robert by any chance?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8326 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 16:38:32 »

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/12/02/the-tory-racism-problem-is-as-severe-as-labour-s
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8327 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 17:14:48 »

You mean you're comfortable with Johnson ignoring Jack Merritt's father's explicit request not to exploit his son's murder for election campaigning? And that our MP continued that on the radio this morning? You're OK with that?
Not answering this one then, Redbuck?

Jack Merritt's Dad has written a piece in the Graun, saying how "Jack would be livid his death has been used to further an agenda of hate".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/02/jack-merritt-london-bridge-attack-dave-merritt
REDBUCK

« Reply #8328 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 17:16:37 »

You mean you're comfortable with Johnson ignoring Jack Merritt's father's explicit request not to exploit his son's murder for election campaigning? And that our MP continued that on the radio this morning? You're OK with that?

I heard the interview this morning and it made my stomach churn. Buckland's never been my cup of tea politically but he always struck me as someone who was fundamentally decent, sad to see the depths he's been dragged down to by this PM

No not at all but it wasn't unexpected now was it, Tory ministers demanding tougher sentences is not a shock after one of these shocking attacks. To add a bit of the missing balance Corbyn added to the disrespect by making it all about cuts where he can't know the full story yet and can't know that the the whole situation wouldn't have occurred no matter how many support services are available.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8329 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 19:07:55 »

No not at all but it wasn't unexpected now was it
Not from Johnson, no, he's already shown how much respect he has for the families of victims of terrorism with his "Fuck the families" comment after 7/7. But I did genuinely expect better from Buckland. Shows how far Johnson has dragged the whole party into the pit. And your blase "Oh well" approach is quite shocking too, tbh, shows that ordinary people are prepared to accept almost any level of shithousing from politicians if they happen to be on their side. It's been rightly said that in a democracy we get the govt we deserve.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8330 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 19:15:17 »

UKIP are attempting to top their last comedy leader Dick Brain with the superb Pat Mountain, giving this interview in which she refers to "other racist parties" as she seeks to stake a claim to be the only choice for the hardworking racist in your family

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1201569056391864320

UKIP are surely now just a performance art alternative comedy act aren't they?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8331 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 19:59:41 »

But I did genuinely expect better from Buckland.

I'm surprised, after the revelations that he'd lied to Cameron to get a ministerial gig in the Justice Dept.  This was about his appearance before the Bar Council, and subsequent guilty of misconduct finding. You'd like to think that a Govt law officer would be of unimpeachable character.

Of course, Johnson probably sees a like mind in Buckland hence why he promoted him,  after he showed he was prepared to forget any principles he may have once had. Buckland will probably end up in the Lords.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:01:50 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #8332 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:08:28 »

I'm surprised, after the revelations that he'd lied to Cameron to get a ministerial gig in the Justice Dept.  This was about his appearance before the Bar Council, and subsequent guilty of misconduct finding. You'd like to think that a Govt law officer would be of unimpeachable character.

Of course, Johnson probably sees a like mind in Buckland hence why he promoted him,  after he showed he was prepared to forget any principles he may have once had. Buckland will probably end up in the Lords.
Taverners?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8333 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:37:24 »

I'm surprised, after the revelations that he'd lied to Cameron to get a ministerial gig in the Justice Dept.  This was about his appearance before the Bar Council, and subsequent guilty of misconduct finding. You'd like to think that a Govt law officer would be of unimpeachable character.
God yes I'd forgotten about that. Well, I shouldn't have been surprised then, as you say no wonder Johnson likes him
REDBUCK

« Reply #8334 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 22:42:16 »

Not from Johnson, no, he's already shown how much respect he has for the families of victims of terrorism with his "Fuck the families" comment after 7/7. But I did genuinely expect better from Buckland. Shows how far Johnson has dragged the whole party into the pit.

And your blase "Oh well" approach is quite shocking too, tbh, shows that ordinary people are prepared to accept almost any level of shithousing from politicians if they happen to be on their side. It's been rightly said that in a democracy we get the govt we deserve.

It wasn't a blase `oh well' and I'm not on his or the current Tory MPs side but i cant help if you read it that way.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8335 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 00:39:18 »

Is the  Politics thread or...?  Huh?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8336 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 07:34:04 »

Is the  Politics thread or...?  Huh?

Or?, or?, or? What?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8337 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 08:00:46 »

UKIP are attempting to top their last comedy leader Dick Brain with the superb Pat Mountain, giving this interview in which she refers to "other racist parties" as she seeks to stake a claim to be the only choice for the hardworking racist in your family

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1201569056391864320

UKIP are surely now just a performance art alternative comedy act aren't they?
Nice to see Catherine Tate's nan character move into politics...

Sent from my SM-J330FN
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8338 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 09:16:51 »

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1201581431371247616
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8339 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 09:31:32 »

It wasn't a blase `oh well' and I'm not on his or the current Tory MPs side but i cant help if you read it that way.
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was more that it's an indication of how far Johnson and co have debased the core concepts of integrity, honesty and decency in political life that this kind of thing isn't surprising to people. Apologies to you, I didn't phrase that very well.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: