Pages: 1 ... 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996087 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #8310 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 17:12:38 »

I know polls are inaccurate but they've been used in this thread recently, so...

A post from the future?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8311 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 17:36:05 »

A post from the future?

FH lives in Thailand.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #8312 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 20:11:00 »

Oh yeah.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8313 on: Sunday, December 1, 2019, 13:30:54 »

From TheSecretBarrister on Twitter:

"The Prime Minister has basically copied and pasted my blogpost into a thread and passed it off as his own explanation. [of the situation regarding the London Bridge terrorist's release from jail]

A blogpost which I had to write to rebut the lies he spent yesterday spouting.

This is weapons grade shithousery."

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1201076439250087936
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8314 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 09:28:03 »

It's interesting that the terrorist was originally sentenced under Labour's IPP which is an indeterminate sentence to be judged at stages by a panel, but could mean whole life. However the IPP was scrapped when the Tories got in, allowing this fella to win an appeal and so be let out, without any reference to a Parole Board.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/11/30/10-thing-you-should-know-about-the-london-bridge-attacker-and-early-release/
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8315 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 09:37:58 »

Tories have had an interesting few days,

First we have Theresa May and Johnson traipsing all the way down tyo Plymouth to unveil a statue of Nancy Astor who held very fruity views on Jewish people, the Nazi's and Catholics (and despoite the headlines was not the first female MP!)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nancy-astor-statue-theresa-may-boris-johnson-antisemitism-plymouth-a9226106.html

Likewise there is still no media coverage of the three Tory elected members who have been convicted for child sex offences inside of the past year, do they have an institutional problem I wonder, if only we had a fearless media to find out?   
Flashheart

« Reply #8316 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 09:41:32 »

It's so brazen that the tories try to pin it on labour despite them having been in power for 10 years. It's as though they know that they don't need to bother trying to look honest any more; people just lap it up regardless. Helped by the tabloids spinning it to make the tories look like the heroes in saying they'll fix their own cock-up.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8317 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 10:49:13 »

First elected female MP was an Irish Republican for Sinn Fein who didn't take her seat.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8318 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 11:58:10 »

It's so brazen that the tory's try to pin it on labour despite them having been in power for 10 years. It's as though they know that they don't need to bother trying to look honest any more; people just lap it up regardless. Helped by the tabloids spinning it to make the tories look like the heroes in saying they'll fix their own cock-up.
And the appalling lack of respect shown to the families' wishes, despite the Jack Merritt's father calling for the govt and right wing press not to make political capital out of his son's death, that's exactly what they've done:

https://twitter.com/butwhatifitsall/status/1201288614329692161

Appalling people.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8319 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 12:42:57 »

And the appalling lack of respect shown to the families' wishes, despite the Jack Merritt's father calling for the govt and right wing press not to make political capital out of his son's death, that's exactly what they've done:

https://twitter.com/butwhatifitsall/status/1201288614329692161

Appalling people.

And Buckland is at the forefront of this operation...... beyond contempt
REDBUCK

« Reply #8320 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 13:26:48 »

And Buckland is at the forefront of this operation...... beyond contempt

That's it, keep repeating it and place it on as many threads as you can and people might start believing it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8321 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 13:55:25 »

That's it, keep repeating it and place it on as many threads as you can and people might start believing it.

To put it mildly I'm ashamed to think that a parasite like Buckland so say represents the southern half of Swindon and district, I'm inclined to think the majority of people in the area will find it his views similarly distastelul. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8322 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 14:13:23 »

You mean you're comfortable with Johnson ignoring Jack Merritt's father's explicit request not to exploit his son's murder for election campaigning? And that our MP continued that on the radio this morning? You're OK with that?

I heard the interview this morning and it made my stomach churn. Buckland's never been my cup of tea politically but he always struck me as someone who was fundamentally decent, sad to see the depths he's been dragged down to by this PM
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8323 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 14:49:44 »

You mean you're comfortable with Johnson ignoring Jack Merritt's father's explicit request not to exploit his son's murder for election campaigning? And that our MP continued that on the radio this morning? You're OK with that?

I heard the interview this morning and it made my stomach churn. Buckland's never been my cup of tea politically but he always struck me as someone who was fundamentally decent, sad to see the depths he's been dragged down to by this PM

Exactly my reaction.

The contrast to someone like Phillip Lee, who crossed the floor and left his job in the Justice Ministry, is stark.  Lee now critcises Buckland as using the Trump playbook.  Lee felt the no deal Brexit which Buckland now pursues is not representing his consttiuents.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8324 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 14:58:54 »

Good god....

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/tory-general-election-candidate-claims-17335882
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: