Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995929 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8295 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 12:01:13 »

There's a lot of people actually applauding him for not doing a debate with Neil --- BECAUSE they know that he would be given a hard time.

That's what we're up against. A large number of the electorate just don't care about what's true and what isn't. Many openly say so themselves.

As I say it's like Stockholm Syndrome, the victim defends the perpetrator. It is quite brilliant in its pure cynicism, Diogenes the original cynic would be proud.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8296 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 12:02:35 »

I see they are trying it on with the BBC dodging the Neil interview but suggesting that Johnson would be prepared to appear on the more gentle (non prime time) Marr show. The BBC should accept that and then Marr mysteriously fall ill on the morning and be replaced by Neil or Emily Maitlis as stand in presenter!
Hands up everyone who instead of turning up to work yesterday sent their Dad and a mate to do their job instead? Thought not.

I do wonder with the shenannigans with the BBC if there's not a longer game going on here. It's well known there's large cohorts on the Tory right that hate the BBC and would love to see it dismantled and stripped of the licence fee. So by utterly discrediting it's reputation for impartial journalism in this election, not only do they get a leg-up in the election but they also lay the ground for an all-out assault on the BBC post-election, with the BBC having alienated many of it's natural defenders thanks to the disgraceful way their political correspondents have conducted themselves over the past few months

Ignore
« Reply #8297 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 12:56:27 »

Doesn't matter if Boris has a Neil interview or not. People would vote for him if he completely fluffed every answer(let's be honest he does that anyway). There is overwhelming evidence of his dishonesty, racism, etc, etc but still people like the man. He could batter his girlfriend live on TV( I actually doubt he is physically able but hey) and people would ignore it.
The con that Brexit is "oven ready" and the continual " get Brexit done" is all the man has. The selfish cunts who think leaving the EU is the golden ticket are buying it. Everything else is brazen lies too. Yet, he will still be pm by the looks of it on December 13th. I just hope karma is a thing and those that endorse him and his vile party reap what they sow.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 29, 2019, 13:47:34 by Arriba » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #8298 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 13:17:26 »

Thought Caroline Lucas was superb on QT last night by the way. Always impressed by her when she speaks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8299 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 13:41:26 »

This one's not a complaint about bias or anything. It's from a Daily Mail editor so it's to be expected.

I actually find it quite amusing.

He is trying to tell people that this is text messages from a labour supporter/activist.

But the messages are all in blue which means that whoever took the screenshot was the sender. That same person supposedly sent it to a daily mail editor...

Now that is modern comedy gold. It's as if some of these people think we wouldn't notice!?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #8300 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 13:48:59 »

The 'explanation' for that was that the sender typed it out and then screenshotted it, sending the screenshots to a lot of people to avoid having to type it out.

It sounds plausible I suppose, but the Daily Mail 'journo' still used it despite there being no way to verify its authenticity. Pretty shoddy reporting but, then, it's not as though we should expect anything less from that lot.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8301 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 14:06:11 »

^Indeed. Depressingly  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #8302 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 14:40:32 »

The beeb are apparently refusing to give Pinnochio an interview with Marr unless he does one with Neil.

What a kerfuffle.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8303 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 14:49:49 »

One of the more sinister aspects of last night was the Tories threatening to shut down C4 because they didn't like them not letting Johnson's Dad sit in for him. That's straight out of Erdogan's Turkey or (probably more aptly, given this likely came straight from Russian asset Dominic Cummings), Putin's Russia. Surprised there's not been more made of this, that's a horrendous thing for any supposedly democratic party to be threatening, to shut down broadcasters that they don't think are sufficiently compliant in backing the approved  govt line.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8304 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 14:57:28 »

Doesn't matter if Boris has a Neil interview or not. People would vote for him if he completely fluffed every answer(let's be honest he does that anyway). There is overwhelming evidence of his dishonesty, racism, etc, etc but still people like the man. He could batter his girlfriend live on TV( I actually doubt he is physically able but hey) and people would ignore it.
The con that Brexit is "oven ready" and the continual " get Brexit done" is all the man has. The selfish cunts who think leaving the EU is the golden ticket are buying it. Everything else is brazen lies too. Yet, he will still be pm by the looks of it on December 13th. I just hope karma is a thing and those that endorse him and his vile party reap what they sow.

People will continue to vote for BJ/Tory for the simple reason their is no credible alternative. Probably a case of better the devil you know.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8305 on: Friday, November 29, 2019, 15:07:41 »

Dear entrusting readers,

In regards to QT (See letter dated 27/11/2019. We know it's been pretty poor for a while). Some did say, Caroline Lucas really came across well and kept calling out the Conservative MP Brandon Lewis, who was dishing out current campaign slogans as "answers".

What annoyed me was Fiona Bruce, continually trying to stop Andy McDonald from finishing his piece and when he did, she didn't allow the audience to absorb and applaud his comments. Essentially suppressing the audience and quickly moving on, yet she didn't do that when others on the panel answered. Bruce also has a habit of changing the audience members questions at times, if it doesn't fit the apparent BBC narrative. It was very noticeable at times, as if she was getting instruction from the gallery to 'keep the audience quiet'. They failed mostly - and I was very glad about this too.

That bloody author though. Lionel Shriver...she was shocking in her defence of Boris Johnson (Islamophobia issue). Showed how totally out of touch in terms of direct and obvious offensive comments. They should've muted her mic after she said what she did. It was funny sic how her opinion on Corbyn was that she couldn't understand why Corbyn didn't apologise for anti-semitism (even though he already has time and again), in his Andrew Neil interview. Suggesting "I watched that interview, Corbyn didn't look good." Yet on the other hand, referencing Johnson and 'letterboxes' (sorry) she claimed;

"Why is that so insulting *boos*, it's just an image - he was being light-hearted, it gets taken out of context *Muslim woman in audience interjects with countering comment and is clearly disgraced by Shriver's comment* this is not a standard slur (hello newly enabled closet racist)...did you read the original piece? He was standing up for Muslim women (hmmm you sure?)...Why is that racist?...I can't see how you can blame Johnson for that".

In any case the question from an audience member that preceded her comment, clearly summed things up about the abject mess our political picture is in, when regarding trust and taking our MPs seriously;

"Regarding racism in the Conservative Party - Does Boris' 'One bounce and you're out' not apply to himself?"

In current leader and opposition - we have a choice; a man who is continually being smeared by our state funded TV channel (in broad daylight) or a person who has very little knowledge beyond three campaign slogans and uses the terms "look like letterboxes" and "watermelon smiles". At least if it's a personality people are voting for come December 12th (which many will do) as opposed to voting for a Party with a credible series of policies, we should know the level of our very national problem. Enabling closet racists and how far those lines will continue to be pushed further can only go one way and thus in my opinion - worsen.

Yours despairingly,

A white male, virtue signalling, leftie (for all my friends of course).
« Last Edit: Friday, November 29, 2019, 15:11:12 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8306 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 14:54:43 »

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, stopping our terrorists

It's interesting that the terrorist was originally sentenced under Labour's IPP which is an indeterminate sentence to be judged at stages by a panel, but could mean whole life. However the IPP was scrapped when the Tories got in, allowing this fella to win an appeal and so be let out, without any reference to a Parole Board.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8307 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 15:06:22 »

It's interesting that the terrorist was originally sentenced under Labour's IPP which is an indeterminate sentence to be judged at stages by a panel, but could mean whole life. However the IPP was scrapped when the Tories got in, allowing this fella to win an appeal and so be let out, without any reference to a Parole Board.
That's extremely disingenuous. IPP sentences were scrapped after a ruling by the ECHR (nothing to do with the EU before the Brexiters start) that the then Tory govt appealed against and lost. I'm as appalled by the Tories' dismal record on law and order as you, but there's no need to stoop to there level of twisting to point that out. The drastic cuts made to the police, probation service and court systems speak for themselves.
Flashheart

« Reply #8308 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 16:53:16 »

I know polls are inaccurate but they've been used in this thread recently, so...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8309 on: Saturday, November 30, 2019, 16:55:18 »

Quote from: Flashheart
The beeb are apparently refusing to give Pinnochio an interview with Marr unless he does one with Neil.

What a kerfuffle.
it appears they've folded
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: