Pages: 1 ... 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996250 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7320 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 13:36:23 »

What about respecting the law which was passed by a majority in parliment. The bill became law as an Act on 26 June 2018. Section 1 states that the European Communities Act 1972 is repealed on exit day. It was law that we left the eussr in March of this year. Are some laws absolute and others ignored? Tereason May broke the law not leaving in March 2019 when's her court case.

I really am struggling to make head nor tail of this, I know English isn't your first language but please at least give us a chance?

Reading enormously between the lines, I assume that you are referring to the European Union (Withdrawal) Act, however as we have not actually exited yet, mainly because of your buddies in the ERG, I am not sure what you are getting at?

BTW have you been ringing in to LBC? https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-corrects-brexiters-claims-one-by-one/

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7321 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 14:33:54 »

Ohhh he's back. Old Yellow Pants, aka Sir Dread Ken  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #7322 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 14:59:41 »

What about respecting the law which was passed by a majority in parliment. The bill became law as an Act on 26 June 2018. Section 1 states that the European Communities Act 1972 is repealed on exit day. It was law that we left the eussr in March of this year. Are some laws absolute and others ignored? Tereason May broke the law not leaving in March 2019 when's her court case.

The March 31st exit day was cancelled by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (Exit Day) (Amendment) Regulations 2019, which passed the Commons by a majority of 336. So you'll be pleased to know that no law was broken. The October 31st exit day will be extended by the Commons in the same way.

Source: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/the-eu/eu-exit-day-is-changed-in-uk-law/
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 16:04:41 by ReadingRed » Logged
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #7323 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 17:14:13 »

Farage and the Brexit Party protecting their paymasters again: they've voted against stronger EU measures aimed at countering “highly dangerous” Russian disinformation.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/10/brexit-party-meps-vote-against-measure-to-combat-russian-propaganda?CMP=share_btn_tw

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7324 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 08:27:26 »

Even by the very low standards set at the Home Office since Teresa May's "hostile environment" led to the Windrush scandal, inflitrating safe spaces for rough sleepers to try and deport the homeless is pretty fucking despicable:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/15/home-office-infiltrating-safe-havens-to-deport-rough-sleepers
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7325 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 08:53:24 »

Even by the very low standards set at the Home Office since Teresa May's "hostile environment" led to the Windrush scandal, inflitrating safe spaces for rough sleepers to try and deport the homeless is pretty fucking despicable:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/15/home-office-infiltrating-safe-havens-to-deport-rough-sleepers

Off the back of appearing to ban the right to protest and also potentially disenfranchising part of the electorate.

They are having a good week.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7326 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 09:04:38 »

Off the back of appearing to ban the right to protest and also potentially disenfranchising part of the electorate.

Spacey put it best:

Quote from: SpaceyOnTwitter
All this fuss about voter ID. We all have to show a passport when we go on wine tours of Tuscany!

https://twitter.com/Jason_Spacey/status/1183994232316542976
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7327 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 09:44:01 »

Indeed, and it would not be a problem if the country had compulsory ID, however as we don't it appears that the basic requirement to vote will be photo ID which essentially means passport or driving licence.

I am sure its entirely coincidental that those who are not well off enough/healthy enough to hold such documents tend not to vote for the present governing body who are proposing the change?

Lets be honest its irrelevant anyway, the QS is not likely to pass, let alone a budget.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 09:45:37 by horlock07 » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #7328 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 10:33:25 »

It would be nice if those fuckers in Parliament started by giving voting rights back to some UK nationals.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #7329 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:32:53 »

It would be nice if those fuckers in Parliament started by giving voting rights back to some UK nationals.  Angry
Seconded.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7330 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 17:49:32 »

however as we have not actually exited yet, mainly because of your buddies in the ERG

To be fair, the May deal was also blocked by a large number of remainers who have continually professed to fully respect the referendum decision whilst voting against any deal (or no deal) put in front of them.  Not something I disagree with, just saying.

If Boris does manage to cobble together a deal with the EU it will be interesting to see what it looks like.  Based on the assumption that he will have done whatever he believes is in the best interests of B Johnson Esq,  I presume he will have capitulated as much as he needs to get a deal with the EU.  

Assuming that it ties us much closer to the EU going forward, it will be interesting to see whether the ERG will hold their nerve and vote against it.  The Lib Dems, having nailed their colours to the mast, will vote against any deal as will the SNP on the basis that they don't fear any voter backlash in Scotland.  God knows what the DUP will do, something stupid and antagonistic presumably.  The remainder of the Tory party will vote for it; if they can stomach Boris they can stomach anything.

Rather more difficult for the Labour Party.  Having focussed on the "we won't screw the people of this country by allowing a disastrous no deal" line they run a huge potential electoral liability if they now vote down a deal.  Effectively they will look like a gutless and dishonest version of the Lib Dems.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 17:51:38 by Pax Romana » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7331 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 08:06:27 »

If Boris does manage to cobble together a deal with the EU it will be interesting to see what it looks like.  Based on the assumption that he will have done whatever he believes is in the best interests of B Johnson Esq,  I presume he will have capitulated as much as he needs to get a deal with the EU. 

If reports are to be believed its looking like a customs border in the Irish Sea. Francois was not looking very happy after his meeting with Johnson yesterday (although that might just have been due to their being foreign food on the buffet or Johnson refusing to acknowledge his leading role in winning the Battle of Bosworth Field) whilst IDS apparently 'exploded'.

Assuming that it ties us much closer to the EU going forward, it will be interesting to see whether the ERG will hold their nerve and vote against it. 

I suspect they won't as its becoming clearer that its essentially Johnson's deal or no Brexit, considering the way they suddenly swung behind Mays deal (which amusingly now looks like a better deal for them)when in the same situation I imagine same will happen again.

God knows what the DUP will do, something stupid and antagonistic presumably. 

Its being reported that the bribe to the DUP now being prepared by the present government makes Mays £1bn look like petty cash. If this goes through, kudos to whoever predicted the DUP would use a rare moment of influence in govt to secure a border between GB and Northern Ireland.

Rather more difficult for the Labour Party.  Having focussed on the "we won't screw the people of this country by allowing a disastrous no deal" line they run a huge potential electoral liability if they now vote down a deal.  Effectively they will look like a gutless and dishonest version of the Lib Dems.

I think the honest answer is no idea regarding Labour, Corbyn wants out but now seems to see it could be electoral suicide to openly support such a dreadful deal (although that rather falls into the trap of assuming he could win any sort of election), there are the Labour MP's in leave seats who would support just about anything to save their seats (Flint being the most vocal example), but then you have Starmers lot?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7332 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 09:21:03 »

IDS apparently 'exploded'.
If only.

It must have come as a huge surprise to the ERG that Johnson's sold them down the river at the first hint of pressure, given his previous reputation for integrity and steadfast adherence to principles.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7333 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 10:06:53 »

If reports are to be believed its looking like a customs border in the Irish Sea.

This is something which has puzzled me for the last 3 years.... in my minds eye, I see something like NSea oil rigs, that goods and people will pass through on the way to the EU westwards to be checked.  I'm sure it's not though.... although Johnson does want to build a bridge from Calderwood country to Larne  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7334 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 10:21:29 »

presumably the ports serving between Britain and N Ireland will be the customs points
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: