Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010779 times)
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7170 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 15:01:49 »

The process of election/voting is generally as you define bamboonoshop but there is a major difference in what the lib dems are proposing. Their approach would be if they didn't like the result in a specific election location ie another party won they would declare the result null and void and their party would be declared winners.

The hidden user club seems a bit selective to this right wing outsider hence my request for information.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7171 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 15:41:00 »

I see Johnson's sterling work in boosting Britain's status on the world stage continues - humiliated by Luxembourg.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7172 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 16:28:11 »

bamboo is a good lad, but it normally takes him so long to write a post that it's better to remain hidden than give the impression of being logged into the TEF permanently. Wink

Yes!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7173 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 17:34:08 »

Their approach would be if they didn't like the result in a specific election location ie another party won they would declare the result null and void and their party would be declared winners.

The hidden user club seems a bit selective to this right wing outsider hence my request for information.

I think if the whole process had actually been spent, in the last 3 years, on putting together a plausible and comprehensive deal then there would less likely be these kinds of other proposals/mandates/manifesto appearing. Again though, at least they are standing by something and being decisive. Which says a lot compared with the bumbling "top two".

The "Hidden User" function is open for anyone to use. If you're really bothered about being left out then you'll be even more put out when you realise there is "The Lounge", which IS a more selective element to access here  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7174 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 18:42:39 »

Thanks for sharing your wisdom bamboonoshop. Perhaps as this function is open to all you could post the process step by st for me?
Didn't know "the lounge" existed and don't know what it means. Again perhaps you can enlighten me?
Ps. On the hidden user thread Flasheart says it was his intervention/mistake that created hidden users don't know where that fits in with your theory.
The sinister reason more progress has not been made towards a deal over three years is remainacs saying " we accept /respect the result of the referendum but........ " The tactic has then been to undermine the UK position whilst using every means both in parliament and the courts to frustrate leaving the EU.6
Flashheart

« Reply #7175 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 19:06:49 »

Ps. On the hidden user thread Flasheart says it was his intervention/mistake that created hidden users

I meant on my own profile, not in general.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #7176 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 19:20:26 »

I personally love it. They won't win a GE on the back of it but at least they can say they stuck their neck out and actually stood for something, that they pretty much have consistently harped on about. To remain as an EU member. Especially amongst the blathering fucking albino imposter for a PM and an opposition as strong as 30 loo rolls for a quid.
Spot on. I don't understand why they are getting so much abuse when they are only doing what they have said they would do all along.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7177 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 08:52:06 »

Fcuk me Horlock07 you've really pissed me off now.

My work here is done, cheerio! 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7178 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 08:55:42 »

Spot on. I don't understand why they are getting so much abuse when they are only doing what they have said they would do all along.

In terms of doing what has been said all along, its also worth noting what basis Vote Leave campaigned upon and the 2017 manifestos of the Tories and Labour (which got the vast majority of MP's elected) said...

So just for the hard brexiteers benefit who like to complain that those dastardly MP's are going against the 'will of the people', about whether leaving without a deal in any way accords with the mandate given by the referendum:

The official campaign to leave was led by an organisation called "Vote Leave". Here is what they had to say about leaving without a deal:

"Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a deal before we start any legal process to leave"

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/our_case.html - slide 11

Then in 2017, both parties stood on a platform of accepting the Brexit vote, but in each case it was explicitly on the basis of reaching a deal.

The Tory manifesto committed them to:

"We will seek a deep and special partnership including a comprehensive free trade and customs agreement. […] The final agreement will be subject to a vote in both houses of parliament."

The Labour manifesto explicitly ruled out no-deal:

“Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and if needs be negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy."

So neither party campaigned on the basis of leaving without a deal: therefore, MPs who are rejecting a no-deal exit are explicitly following their manifesto commitments.

Simples

« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 08:57:58 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7179 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:02:16 »

I see Johnson's sterling work in boosting Britain's status on the world stage continues - humiliated by Luxembourg.

TBF not sure he was humiliated by Luxembourg, he humiliated himself singlehandedly by being too frit to turn up. Strangely 75 middle class British people singing songs was enough to scare him away in this case, although many more than that shouting at him did not stop him posing outside no.10 when elected.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7180 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:27:43 »

TBF not sure he was humiliated by Luxembourg, he humiliated himself singlehandedly by being too frit to turn up. Strangely 75 middle class British people singing songs was enough to scare him away in this case, although many more than that shouting at him did not stop him posing outside no.10 when elected.
Fair point, although either way not exactly the Incredible Hulk was it? More "The Incredible Cringing Bottler".
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7181 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:52:01 »

Fair point, although either way not exactly the Incredible Hulk was it? More "The Incredible Cringing Bottler".

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7182 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 11:08:11 »

Cameron has now said his mistake with Austerity was not doing it harder and faster. Austerity being his pet name for the pig's head.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7183 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 13:10:23 »

"Nigel Farage walks into a pub and says, I'll have a pint of beer please. The barman pours a pint, then throws it all over Farage.
'What did you do that for?' says Farage, drenched to the skin.
'Because you're in a metaphor which illustrates the stupidity of asking for something but not stipulating how you wanted it delivered!'
'But I'm still thirsty, so I want a pint -- this time in a glass!' says Farage.
'You can't ask again!' said the barman.
'Why not?' sniveled Farage.
'Democracy.' says the barman."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7184 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 13:31:14 »

"Nigel Farage walks into a pub and says, I'll have a pint of beer please. The barman pours a pint, then throws it all over Farage.
'What did you do that for?' says Farage, drenched to the skin.
'Because you're in a metaphor which illustrates the stupidity of asking for something but not stipulating how you wanted it delivered!'
'But I'm still thirsty, so I want a pint -- this time in a glass!' says Farage.
'You can't ask again!' said the barman.
'Why not?' sniveled Farage.
'Democracy.' says the barman."
I have a feeling of déjà vu!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: