Pages: 1 ... 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996849 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7095 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 19:51:36 »

Project fear  Wink
On the upside, they're hopeful it won't affect the water supply. Although they may have to take urgent action if there's a disruption to the supply chain for chemicals etc. Like those two and a half day queues at Dover, for example?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #7096 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 21:16:54 »

My old consultant from the renal unit in Sussex is terrified. All the filters from dialysis machines come from Germany
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7097 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 23:06:52 »

Without overreacting, I'm seriously thinking of abandoning the no longer good ship HMS FUCKED (Former United Countries of Kingdom: European Dissolved). I can already hear the 17.4m giving me an endorsing send off from blighty.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7098 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 23:13:19 »

Without overreacting
... is pretty much the same guarantee you're about to do the thing you're disavowing as "I'm not racist but ...." Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7099 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 01:23:47 »

... is pretty much the same guarantee you're about to do the thing you're disavowing as "I'm not racist but ...." Smiley

Indeed. Have to lay some bait though  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7100 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 07:54:48 »

fuel supply issues. great. It was like Mad Max when the tanker blockades happened

It will be fine, I am sure you are old enough to remember how calm and considered people were in 2000 when the fuel shortages happened for a few days.

Its not as if we live in a country where people call the police when KFC run out of chicken.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7101 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 08:00:01 »

It will be fine, I am sure you are old enough to remember how calm and considered people were in 2000 when the fuel shortages happened for a few days.

Its not as if we live in a country where people call the police when KFC run out of chicken.

Well quite.

Wait, there'd better not be KFC shortages. My god, the humanity.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7102 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 08:00:20 »

On the upside, they're hopeful it won't affect the water supply. Although they may have to take urgent action if there's a disruption to the supply chain for chemicals etc. Like those two and a half day queues at Dover, for example?

Any water issues will be regional, only affecting hundreds of thousands of people!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7103 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 08:12:24 »

Interesting to see that Johnson is noted as having lied to the Queen and Yellowhammer shows we may be short of food and fuel, yet not a dicky bird regarding the matter on the front of the Mail, Express, Sun or Telegraph.

Its hardly surprising that anyone who does not read widely may be a little ill informed if they base their understanding on these mainstream propaganda sheets.
Flashheart

« Reply #7104 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 08:39:35 »

Interesting to see that Johnson is noted as having lied to the Queen and Yellowhammer shows we may be short of food and fuel, yet not a dicky bird regarding the matter on the front of the Mail, Express, Sun or Telegraph.

A cynic might think they have an agenda to push.

Surely that can't be the case?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7105 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 09:02:06 »

On a side-note, it's sad that those four are now a natural grouping. The Telegraph always used to be a decent paper, with a clear right-wing slant of course, but still committed to actually reporting the news. Over the past 5 years (maybe longer?) though, it's become less and less committed to journalism as the rant content has escalated. Like the Mail with slightly longer words and a more upmarket style section
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7106 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 09:16:01 »

Interesting they have chosen to call the report Yellowhammer when one considers the little rhyme kids are taught to remember the Yellowhammer bird song...... Perhaps there is a twitcher with a sense or humour in government.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7107 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 09:17:08 »

On a side-note, it's sad that those four are now a natural grouping. The Telegraph always used to be a decent paper, with a clear right-wing slant of course, but still committed to actually reporting the news. Over the past 5 years (maybe longer?) though, it's become less and less committed to journalism as the rant content has escalated. Like the Mail with slightly longer words and a more upmarket style section

Hardly surprising, the Barclay brothers have more to lose than most if we don't leave the EU.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #7108 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 09:50:12 »

I've only just had a proper look at May's resignation honours for the first time. Disgusted to see that Stephen Parkinson was in there. He's the man that publicly outed the whistleblower Shahmir Sanni as gay, after Sanni had told the Observer how Vote Leave channelled money through BeLeave, a group linked to Cambridge Analytica, to get around electoral law.

Sanni had had a relationship with Parkinson, one of May’s closest advisers and a former Vote Leave official, but had not come out as gay. How low can you get?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/26/being-outed-by-downing-street-is-breathtakingly-wrong
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 09:52:28 by ReadingRed » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7109 on: Thursday, September 12, 2019, 09:59:19 »

I've only just had a proper look at May's resignation honours for the first time. Disgusted to see that Stephen Parkinson was in there. He's the man that publicly outed the whistleblower Shahmir Sanni as gay, after Sanni had told the Observer how Vote Leave channelled money through BeLeave, a group linked to Cambridge Analytica, to get around electoral law.

Sanni had had a relationship with Parkinson, one of May’s closest advisers and a former Vote Leave official, but had not come out as gay. How low can you get?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/26/being-outed-by-downing-street-is-breathtakingly-wrong

Normal rules have ceased to exist, hence a woman whose attempt at a lasting legacy (apart from the Brexit shitshow she left us with) was a bill to address domestic violence, then knighted Boycott a bloke convicted of domestic violence.

You really couldn't make this stuff up.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: