Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996565 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #6780 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 18:54:59 »

Back to Brecon, WTF were the Tories thinking standing a convicted fraudster in a by-election caused by the recall petition for said fraudster? Did they not want to win? Was this a "leaving present" from the May regime for Johnson?

It was arranged by that remain fanatic Tereason May before she handed over to Boris.
Despite his fraud she backed him over the local party members who didn't want him as their candidate.
She's spent her time as PM reducing a working majority to ensure brexit isn't activated.
She was very effective and delivering that agenda, for which she will be richly rewarded.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #6781 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 21:26:19 »

It was arranged by that remain fanatic Tereason May before she handed over to Boris.
Despite his fraud she backed him over the local party members who didn't want him as their candidate.
She's spent her time as PM reducing a working majority to ensure brexit isn't activated.
She was very effective and delivering that agenda, for which she will be richly rewarded.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #6782 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 06:12:04 »

I live in Brecon & Radnorshire, and it is being said that, although the former MP announced he intended to stand again, it was in fact Conservative Central Office that insisted he stand and take the rap because they did not think it fair for a new candidate to face defeat for his misdemeanor. Does not justify the warm support he got from BJ or Rees Mog, both of whom visited. Perhaps they realised the disaster defeat would be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6783 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 07:52:32 »

I live in Brecon & Radnorshire, and it is being said that, although the former MP announced he intended to stand again, it was in fact Conservative Central Office that insisted he stand and take the rap because they did not think it fair for a new candidate to face defeat for his misdemeanor. Does not justify the warm support he got from BJ or Rees Mog, both of whom visited. Perhaps they realised the disaster defeat would be.
Which is all very nice and might be credible if they had a majority of 43, but given the parliamentary arithmetic as it was even when the by-election was called, they really couldn't afford to lose this seat. Against a backdrop when they're happy to rely on the vote of an MP shortly due to appear in court on rape charges, these kind of scruples seem oddly out of place at a time of real an constant crisis for the government. Maybe they were worried they were going to take a bigger whopping, no matter who they put in, so wanted to be able to use the line "Yeah, well we stood a crook so no big surprise we lost"
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #6784 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 09:32:37 »

Exactly....a risky option, but at the moment they seem more concerned by the Brexit Party than by the Lib Dems and, for whatever reason, the Farageists failed significantly in what would seem potentially fertile territory.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6785 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 10:22:02 »

As for the politics, Chris Davis is a convicted forger, true, and he is also a lifelong Eurosceptic and ERG member.  Own it.

More relevant though is not Chris Davis' dishonesty but your own:

TM did not of course arrange Chris Davis' candidature for the byelection.  The local party association membership did by democratic vote in a meeting at Talgarth.

Apologies to most readers or posters who  doubtless already know most of the above.

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 10:23:47 by RedRag » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6786 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 13:40:00 »

Exactly....a risky option, but at the moment they seem more concerned by the Brexit Party than by the Lib Dems and, for whatever reason, the Farageists failed significantly in what would seem potentially fertile territory.
They did however succeed admirably in splitting the Leave vote, thereby handing the seat to the pro-Remain Lib Dems.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #6787 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 13:49:58 »

Being one of them, I remain grateful to the Brexit Party for their achievement!!! Grin
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6788 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 18:29:34 »

The new leader of UKIP is called, and I kid you fucking not, Dick Braine Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6789 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 20:06:41 »

The new leader of UKIP is called, and I kid you fucking not, Dick Braine Cheesy

Outstanding!
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #6790 on: Sunday, August 11, 2019, 20:57:26 »

Not sure if this should go in another thread but...

...following the horrors of the shootings in the US over last couple of weeks I went click click click on t'internet and was fucking amazed at how tooled up you can get in the US for less than a grand.  Fuck me sideways.  Whoever thinks that the 2nd amendment isn't 250 years out of date is fucking insane....

I work for an American company, the HQ and my boss is in North Carolina, and one of my former managers was as red neck as they come - huntin', fishin', shootin' but without the fishing.  When I last saw him (5 years ago) he had just got a concealed gun license, and bought his wife a 44 Magnum with a special safe that opened with a palm print so it was "safe" under the bed and easy for her to get to when she needed it.  When I tried to talk to him about the UK situation re weapons, I might have well have been from another planet.  15 years ago (when I first started working there) he genuinely couldn't understand why guns weren't allowed on domestic flights!!!!!!!

Not sure what I am trying to get at - but in short, bottom line for me is that as hateful and as hard to understand as it is, the fact is that the US is obscenely attached to the 2nd amendment, and for those of us who are sane enough to realize the madness of the laws there, we must also realize it ain't gonna change...

Like I say - not sure of my point here, possibly wrong thread, but adding to the 80% bollocks element....

No one kills a thread like me....
Flashheart

« Reply #6791 on: Sunday, August 11, 2019, 21:10:19 »

It's bonkers.

One reason excuse they use is that having guns means they can protect themselves should the government turn on them. To which I would ask how they expect to take down tanks etc armed only with semi-automatic assault rifles. On more than one occasion, I have had the reply that they should be allowed to have tanks and helicopter gunships etc as well.

Fucking nuts.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #6792 on: Sunday, August 11, 2019, 21:51:40 »

One reason excuse they use is that having guns means they can protect themselves should the government turn on them.

First of all - clearly I am not mad (cheers Flash) . Secondly - this quote is the whole point of the madness of the second amendment.  If the fuckwits genuinely believe that in 2019 the second amendment is relevant to stop the govt turning on them, then, well, I cant really say anything other than "FFS"

No one kills a thread like me....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6793 on: Monday, August 12, 2019, 13:14:49 »

https://www.facebook.com/veryBrexitproblems/videos/502330673850942/UzpfSTgzNzg4ODcwODoxMDE1ODYyNzgxMzgyODcwOQ/
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6794 on: Monday, August 12, 2019, 13:38:40 »

Brilliant!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: