Pages: 1 ... 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996631 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6210 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 08:28:43 »

Quite amusing to hear Gove admitting to snorting Charlie, apparently Johnson has previously confessed in a not inhaling sort of way. Does it matter?
No way.  They were young.  It's not as if they ever ran through a field of wheat, is it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6211 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 08:46:42 »

Quite amusing to hear Gove admitting to snorting Charlie, apparently Johnson has previously confessed in a not inhaling sort of way. Does it matter?
Morally? Not really. Practically? Won't matter in the MPs' vote, might lose him some votes from the membership.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6212 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 08:49:20 »

No way.  They were young.  It's not as if they ever ran through a field of wheat, is it?

I'm not so sure... on the other hand we have The Home Secretary, criticising middle class users like Gove and Johnson, for fuelling gang related knife crime....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/02/sajid-javid-pledges-to-get-tough-on-middle-class-cocaine-users
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6213 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 09:48:38 »

Interesting take. 

I was flippantly going to say that at least Rory Stewart cut out the middle man on his Afghan travels.

However, from a little knowledge of Colombia, there is a link between relatively wealthy foreigners' buying marijuana for personal consumption locally in the 70s and the murderous industrialisation of the cocaine business that gradually evolved.

Not sure if it is possible to pass through life with "clean hands".  Personally I wouldn't like the smugness of anyone who claimed to have done so.

I think the candidates concerned may have been wise to beat the red tops to a non-story.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6214 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 12:29:41 »

I think the candidates concerned may have been wise to beat the red tops to a non-story.
Gove only came clean because it was going to be revealed in a book that is being serialised in the Mail. They gave him a choice of giving them an exclusive and telling his side or having them out him as "Coke Fiend Gove"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6215 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 18:29:52 »

Leadsom has fessed up to smoking weed..... reefer madness.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6216 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 19:06:25 »

Leadsom has fessed up to smoking weed..... reefer madness.
Fuck off, she's never smoked weed. Sacrificed a few kids to the Dark Satanic Lords, maybe
Sir red ken

« Reply #6217 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 20:13:21 »

Fuck off, she's never smoked weed. Sacrificed a few kids to the Dark Satanic Lords, maybe

Dark Satanic Lords no less, Marx, lenin, Mao, Trotsky, Hitler and Stalin.
She prefers the modern ones, too those old discredited biblical ones.
They've racked a up a bigger death count.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6218 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 20:21:35 »

Dark Satanic Lords no less, Marx, lenin, Mao, Trotsky, Hitler and Stalin.
She prefers the modern ones, too those old discredited biblical ones.
They've racked a up a bigger death count.
Don't think I'm going out on a limb in suggesting that Andrea Leadsom probably isn't a big Stalinist, Maoist or Trot. But I think we've found someone else with a drug habit
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6219 on: Saturday, June 8, 2019, 20:49:08 »

Don't think I'm going out on a limb in suggesting that Andrea Leadsom probably isn't a big Stalinist, Maoist or Trot. But I think we've found someone else with a drug habit

I actually agree with you on this one.

I have always thought that a number of posters on here were or are on illegal substances judging by their postings.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6220 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 16:08:18 »

Spot on...

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6221 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 16:14:28 »

Spot on...

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6222 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 08:35:29 »

And yet, old rhyming slang is one of the main contenders for the "safe pair of hands" slot in the leadership race. Speaks volumes about the "quality" of the field, a collection of weirdos, nutters and no-marks.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6223 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 08:46:44 »

And yet, old rhyming slang is one of the main contenders for the "safe pair of hands" slot in the leadership race. Speaks volumes about the "quality" of the field, a collection of weirdos, nutters and no-marks.

Buckland and Tomlinson are both supporting Johnson.... presumably think it will enhance their careers.  Tomlinson at least has always been a Brexiteer, so a measure of consistency... Buckland a remainer now wants a no deal Brexit in October, which all points to the local economy taking a hit, I guess he's eyeing up a nice fat tax cut and so fuck off to his constituents, they can pay for it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6224 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 09:06:43 »

Buckland a remainer now wants a no deal Brexit in October, which all points to the local economy taking a hit, I guess he's eyeing up a nice fat tax cut and so fuck off to his constituents, they can pay for it.
More likely he's just kissing whichever arse he thinks is most likely to give him a job. And a right fucking arse he's chosen.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: