Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995889 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5865 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:41:56 »

So when you met him, you said "nice to meet you Farron", "Call me Dave" probably did the same.

Yeah course I did..... but then again that's not what I said is it as you well know.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5866 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:45:45 »

Personally don't know enough about the case to have a strong opinion, however I do think the labour party should possibly make clear that they support him being extradited back to Sweden to face those charges but certainly don't agree that anybody should be extradited to Trumps America.

A political mis-step that will be made much of by the media no doubt.

Neither did I to be honest, here is a pretty good overview which also gives a steer of why the rubbish spouted by his supporters is bollocks (same bollocks as reiterated by Abbot earlier!)

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/media/2012/09/legal-mythology-extradition-julian-assange

The kicker really is that is he doesn't want to be extradited to the US it would be legally considerably more sensible to go to Sweden rather than remain here....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5867 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:19:26 »

Yeah course I did..... but then again that's not what I said is it as you well know.

I know Swindon isn't your thing.... but I did make the post as thought it interesting that Jeremy had raised the state of our local politics in Parliament.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5868 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:39:14 »

Jeremy is his name.... do you call Cable, Sir Vince or Sir Vincent  Hmmm
Ha ha, I assumed you were talking about Jeremy Rhyming Slang, thought they were odd comments from him. Personally I tend to use both forname and surname when talking about famous people, avoids this kind of confusion.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5869 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:40:38 »

Neither did I to be honest, here is a pretty good overview which also gives a steer of why the rubbish spouted by his supporters is bollocks (same bollocks as reiterated by Abbot earlier!)

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/media/2012/09/legal-mythology-extradition-julian-assange

The kicker really is that is he doesn't want to be extradited to the US it would be legally considerably more sensible to go to Sweden rather than remain here....
Isn't he facing a 5 year jail sentence in the US? He could have served that and been out two years ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5870 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:43:07 »

Ha ha, I assumed you were talking about Jeremy Rhyming Slang, thought they were odd comments from him. Personally I tend to use both forname and surname when talking about famous people, avoids this kind of confusion.

What like Jermy Hunt.... I'm sure Mr Corbyn after negotiations with the Tories calls them Customs Union no thanks Cunt
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5871 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:44:54 »

What like Jermy Hunt.... I'm sure Mr Corbyn after negotiations with the Tories calls them Customs Union no thanks Cunt
Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5872 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:45:28 »

Surprise, surprise, Boris Johnson caught lying again, Telegraph forced to publish apology and correction:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/boris-johnson-telegraph-column-breaches-ipso-accuracy-rules-with-no-deal-brexit-popularity-claim/

The Telegraph's defence was that Boris was just making "sweeping generalisations based on his opinions". Yes, that's what he always does. He lies and makes up shit that backs up his point of view. Rather than say, examine the evidence and present the facts as you might expect of a journalist. Or examine the facts, draw conclusions from them and then base his opinion on that as you might expect of someone who wants to be prime minister. No, all too much like hard work for Boris, much easier to just make a lazy assertion and then make shit up to justify it.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 12, 2019, 13:19:48 by pauld » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5873 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 08:53:07 »

Call them what they are, they're not populists, they're unapologetic fascists

Did Lammy read your post  Hmmm
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5874 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 09:04:10 »

Did Lammy read your post  Hmmm

Not really sure why Lammy is getting so much stick, I would imagine that every emergence of fascism was accompanied by millions of decent people being sceptical about warnings that fascism was emerging once again. And I know that, many times, such warnings have proved unfounded.
But better safe than sorry, eh?

Your buddy Tomlinson been making friends and influencing people.... https://twitter.com/JustinTomlinson/status/1117091736201912320
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5875 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 09:32:08 »

Not really sure why Lammy is getting so much stick, I would imagine that every emergence of fascism was accompanied by millions of decent people being sceptical about warnings that fascism was emerging once again. And I know that, many times, such warnings have proved unfounded.
But better safe than sorry, eh?

Your buddy Tomlinson been making friends and influencing people.... https://twitter.com/JustinTomlinson/status/1117091736201912320
Lammy is just making a very cheap comment to appeal to the masses making him a perfect politician for these times. In reality, he's a bit of a cock making him a pretty normal politician for these times.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5876 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 11:33:56 »

Lammy is just making a very cheap comment to appeal to the masses making him a perfect politician for these times. In reality, he's a bit of a cock making him a pretty normal politician for these times.

Thing is this is the way that politics works now.....

1. Jacob Rees-Mogg quotes a German AfD fascist (a party that advocates shooting refugees).
2. JRM's supporters get the idea it's OK to be a fascist (as intended).
3. After row ensues (days later), JRM "apologises", an apology taken seriously by nobody but the narrative remains.

Likewise we have UKIP candidates telling Jess Philips that they 'would't even rape her' and its just dismissed as satire by the party leader!

The polling below suggests that 29% of respondents intend to vote for far right parties in the EU elections (or 45% if one has such feelings about the present Tory party), so perhaps there actually is something to worry about and we should not bury our heads in the sand?

Went to a gig on Friday and night and it was depressing to hear this being played again and sounding rather relevant for these times....

« Last Edit: Monday, April 15, 2019, 11:35:46 by horlock07 » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5877 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 13:05:24 »

I'm sure there is equally as stupid shit going on with the left as the right. Both as bad as each other. Extreme left, extreme right, two cheeks on the same arse. Politics is fucked.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5878 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 14:33:29 »

I'm sure there is equally as stupid shit going on with the left as the right. Both as bad as each other. Extreme left, extreme right, two cheeks on the same arse. Politics is fucked.

The left/right divide is only useful up to a point, so for example today's Exitinction Rebellion demo in London.... what many might see as a left position has the aim of saving the planet for future generations of homo sapiens. Does that mean the those on the right, don't share that aim  Hmmm
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5879 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 15:08:06 »

Capitalism doesn't give any thought to ecology.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: