Pages: 1 ... 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996904 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5760 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 15:30:31 »

he's irrelevant

(junior minister from Department for Exiting the European Union )

If there's to be mass resignations, it'll be if Corbyn/May agree on something not palatable (inevitable?)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5761 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 15:32:40 »

he's irrelevant

(junior minister from Department for Exiting the European Union )

If there's to be mass resignations, it'll be if Corbyn/May agree on something not palatable (inevitable?)

This made me chuckle, tweeted by a political editor from Newsnight....

This is worthy of Yes Prime Minister. Govt source on challenge of reaching agreement between Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn on a customs union: our position is a customs union but we don’t call it that. Labour’s position is not a customs union but they do call it that...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5762 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 15:34:10 »

More definitely not shady behaviour from leave campaigners

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/03/grassroots-facebook-brexit-ads-secretly-run-by-staff-of-lynton-crosby-firm

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5763 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 17:05:29 »

Juncker's told May to stick a short delay where the sun don't shine. So the 4 options are:
1) Agree some form of May's deal and leave on those terms by next Friday
2) Leave without a deal next Friday
3) Revoke Article 50 by next Friday
4) Agree a long extension to the Article 50 period by next Friday
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5764 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 18:12:10 »

Another of Farage's new Brexit party officials quit, this time for anti-Semitic and homophobic posts:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/apr/03/brexit-party-official-removed-after-antisemitic-posts

For a party that hasn't really launched yet, they do seem to be getting through the bigots quite quickly. Especially as it was set up to provide an alternative to UKIP now that Batten's taken them fully into the far right camp.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5765 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 18:46:02 »

Another of Farage's new Brexit party officials quit, this time for anti-Semitic and homophobic posts:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/apr/03/brexit-party-official-removed-after-antisemitic-posts

For a party that hasn't really launched yet, they do seem to be getting through the bigots quite quickly. Especially as it was set up to provide an alternative to UKIP now that Batten's taken them fully into the far right camp.
along with this lot  https://order-order.com/2019/04/01/labour-pcc-wrote-fkin-ethiopian-jew-look-like-ethiopian-jew/
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5766 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 10:52:59 »

But the EU will change massively in the next few years anyway, so no-one knows what remain implies. One of the strongest arguments for remain I've seen is that, with the resignation of Merkel and the uncertainty around Macron, the centre of gravity is shifting and there would be a massive opportunity for Britain to fill the vacuum and lead in Europe if we wanted to accept the challenge.

We would have to find a suitable leader first, i certainly haven't seen evidence of one in any party over the past 3 years.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5767 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 11:12:20 »

We would have to find a suitable leader first, i certainly haven't seen evidence of one in any party over the past 3 years.

In the run up to the Euro elections which we may or may not be participating in, there is hope ( for those favouring) that the renewed rightward shift in Europe, could lead to the European Parliament driving a populist agenda...   so we see the likes of Salvini trying to woo Rees Mogg's mates in the AfD, Le Pen, Orban and the Polish Law and Justice party.   There's a certain irony that the likes of Farage, would probably have seen himself as some sort of leader of this grouping, just at the time we're leaving.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5768 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 12:33:11 »

In the run up to the Euro elections which we may or may not be participating in, there is hope ( for those favouring) that the renewed rightward shift in Europe, could lead to the European Parliament driving a populist agenda...   so we see the likes of Salvini trying to woo Rees Mogg's mates in the AfD, Le Pen, Orban and the Polish Law and Justice party. 
Call them what they are, they're not populists, they're unapologetic fascists
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5769 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 12:57:58 »

Absolutely hilarious the sight of all these hard right Brexiteers dashing to the cameras to foam at the mouth at the prospect of May doing a deal with Corbyn. She spent 2 years trying to pander to your every whim, you had control of the whole process for 2 years and you fucked it up. This is literally what you have voted for, in a succession of votes where you rejected everything put to you. May is a shit prime minister, but you have to admire her trolling
Sir red ken

« Reply #5770 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 13:59:31 »

The cleverest thing the Devil ever did was to make people think he isn't real.The cleverest thing the State ever did was to pretend we lived in a democracy.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5771 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 15:09:42 »

The cleverest thing the Devil ever did was to make people think he isn't real.The cleverest thing the State ever did was to pretend we lived in a democracy.

Do some history research will you.  It's less than 100 years that more than 50% of the British population have been allowed to vote for the Government.  319 years since 5% were allowed that "privilege".

This democracy you talk of is still in it's infancy.  Anyone would think we've been a one person one vote democratic nation for centuries - the EU is actually more democratic in the way it is run than Britain was in 1917.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #5772 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 15:40:47 »

I see the ERG element are trying to stall the House of Lords debate on forcing May to seek a further delay to Brexit. They really are a vile bunch. Maybe we can adapt the  "build a bonfire song" to include Jacob Rees Mogg, Steve Baker and the particularly odious Mark Francois!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5773 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 15:58:27 »

I see the ERG element are trying to stall the House of Lords debate on forcing May to seek a further delay to Brexit. They really are a vile bunch. Maybe we can adapt the  "build a bonfire song" to include Jacob Rees Mogg, Steve Baker and the particularly odious Mark Francois!

You mean something like...

Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Put Mark Francois at the top,
Put Steve Baker in the middle,
And we'll burn the Rees-Mogg lot...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5774 on: Thursday, April 4, 2019, 16:08:32 »

if you put Mark Francois on the bonfire, would he go lighter or darker red than when gets shitty in the HoC?
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: