Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010488 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4710 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:42:56 »

A Triple "L". No not a "Triple Lock" but Lucas, Lammy & Liberalism. I'd vote for Liberal Greens or Green Democrats. You may be on to something Horlock!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4711 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 17:01:08 »

Are you sure about that....

Yes....here's the Conference position that JC is pursuing...

Should Parliament vote down a Tory Brexit deal or the talks end in no-deal, Conference believes this would constitute a loss of confidence in the Government. In these circumstances, the best outcome for the country is an immediate General Election that can sweep the Tories from power.

If we cannot get a general election Labour must support all options remaining on the table, including campaigning for a public vote. If the Government is confident in negotiating a deal that working people, our economy and communities will benefit from they should not be afraid to put that deal to the public.

Of course the tactics required are for the leadership and PLP.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #4712 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 17:08:48 »

Why did Corbyn call for a no confidence vote knowing he wouldn`t stand a chance of winning...surely his idea of retaining the custom`s union and single market equals remaining in the Union...or is that possibly and still leave??

Bathtime
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4713 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 17:14:33 »

I have a feeling that he was pressured in to it by his MPs.  They know that they will not win, but once the No Confidence vote is out of the way and, with it, the slim prospect of a General Election, pressure then grows on Corbyn to get up off his arse and develop something that looks like a Brexit policy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4714 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 17:22:16 »

Why did Corbyn call for a no confidence vote knowing he wouldn`t stand a chance of winning...surely his idea of retaining the custom`s union and single market equals remaining in the Union...or is that possibly and still leave??

See the agreed Confernce position that I've posted up.... when May's deal fell yesterday, then it was incumbent on JC in line with Labour Party policy to call for a vote of no confidence.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4715 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 17:41:16 »

I have a feeling that he was pressured in to it by his MPs.  They know that they will not win, but once the No Confidence vote is out of the way and, with it, the slim prospect of a General Election, pressure then grows on Corbyn to get up off his arse and develop something that looks like a Brexit policy.

This was the Brexit policy outlined in te manifesto at the 17 GE, I don't suppose if there is an election in 19 it will look a whole heap different.

A GE would mean no need for a 3rd Ref

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/#first
Sir red ken

« Reply #4716 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 17:50:20 »

This was the Brexit policy outlined in te manifesto at the 17 GE, I don't suppose if there is an election in 19 it will look a whole heap different.

A GE would mean no need for a 3rd Ref

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/#first

If Maybot called a GE for April we'd be a free country leaving by March, without MP traitors being able to stop, the voted for prefered option. Alternatively she or any other con leader could withdraw the wip from Grieve, sourcherry etc types and stop them forcing votes and amendments for their own self interest.Options are available to ensure the people of the Uk's freedom from serfdom but will the cons use them?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4717 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 18:01:27 »

If Maybot called a GE for April we'd be a free country leaving by March, without MP traitors being able to stop, the voted for prefered option. Alternatively she or any other con leader could withdraw the wip from Grieve, sourcherry etc types and stop them forcing votes and amendments for their own self interest.Options are available to ensure the people of the Uk's freedom from serfdom but will the cons use them?

Serfdom has everything to do with the structures of British society and bugger all to do with the EU.  Still let's not let that get in the way.

If there is to be a GE, and it's unlikely as the right of the Tories and their DUP chums, will prop her up, not quite like El Cid riding at at the Moors, or even El Sid, coming back to STFC, then there will have to be a extension of Art 50 to fit it all in.
REDBUCK

« Reply #4718 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 18:06:09 »

He'll likely lose this time but he can post the same motion again and again if subsequent deals don't cut the mustard.

He only needs a few hard brexiteers to no longer back her and we are off to the voting booth.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4719 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 18:13:01 »

He'll likely lose this time but he can post the same motion again and again if subsequent deals don't cut the mustard.

He only needs a few hard brexiteers to no longer back her and we are off to the voting booth.

To vote for who and what?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4720 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 18:28:20 »

for once red Ken I agree with you.

Another PM, same shit, no time.

Got to work together to find a solution. But May is too stubborn
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4721 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 19:11:32 »

306 Ayes
325 Noes

May clings on by a favour of 19. Hmmm confidence...I think Corbyn may table another bid of no confidence before long. 10 MPs difference.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 19:22:40 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4722 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 19:17:38 »

I dare say that May has her resignation filed away, I doubt she see out 2019 as PM.

It's also bonkers how the opposition haven't been able to comprehensively capitalise from any of this.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4723 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 19:25:40 »

I dare say that May has her resignation filed away, I doubt she see out 2019 as PM.

It's also bonkers how the opposition haven't been able to comprehensively capitalise from any of this.

But they have.... much of the opposition to May is within her own party... those whom John Major called bastards, a small cabal of right wing loons, who along with certain media outlets with funds of dubious foreign provenenace, have achieved what is effectively a coup... no wonder JRM held a champagne reception last night.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4724 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 19:32:08 »

Yep, politics is in the gutter and although I'm traditionally Labour, they are unelectable even against the worst government I can remember. If there was an election, fuck knows where my vote would go.
There are so many politicians to hate at the moment - Soubry, Abbott, Johnson, Thornbury, Grieve and a shitload more.
In fact, I'm struggling to think of any I admire. If I was Labour, I'd get rid of Corbyn, sort out Momentum and put Benn in charge on a Remain ticket. Although he's the arch Remainer, unlike his dad, he could get Labour elected.As for the Tories, who the fuck isn't damaged?
Could be time for a new centrist party, taking moderates from both parties. Both parties are currently fucked. If there was an election, could see some big votes for the smaller parties.  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: