Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007781 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4470 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 09:17:34 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton

Parliament now needs to deliver that verdict, and if it means tanking the economy so be it, they should have thought of that before triggering Art 50.

that's just retarded.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4471 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 09:36:14 »

that's just retarded.
No one minded when we joined the eu and it tanked our economy. That was retarded but ted heath got his 30k bonus from the eu so it was OK. Futher more you must now refer to post by Reg as SRS. thanks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4472 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 09:44:15 »

sorry.

SRS, that's retarded.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4473 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 10:34:16 »

No one minded when we joined the eu and it tanked our economy. That was retarded but ted heath got his 30k bonus from the eu so it was OK. Futher more you must now refer to post by Reg as SRS. thanks.
So your logic is because, in your view, we fucked up when we joined the EU it's ok to sleepwalk into another fuck up?
That truly is special thinking..

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4474 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 10:37:36 »

that's just retarded.

For me it's about democratic principle, and you can't put too much of a price on that. Parliament voted overwhelmingly to activate Art 50, if they can't deliver it, then it needs to go to a GE.... if there is a need for a second ref, it should be in the manifestos with a clear statement about what the question might look like.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4475 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 12:05:42 »

Tanked the Economy??

I know things were a bit rough in the 70’s, but our economy has grown faster than Germany’s in the years since we joined the EU

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4476 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 12:42:24 »

For me it's about democratic principle, and you can't put too much of a price on that. Parliament voted overwhelmingly to activate Art 50, if they can't deliver it, then it needs to go to a GE.... if there is a need for a second ref, it should be in the manifestos with a clear statement about what the question might look like.
Think you're absolutely right there. The phrasing of the question will be all important too, can't be just a straight leave or remain again, because one thing we have learned is that "leave" isn't clear enough, it covers too many options. But if you have "Remain, Leave on May's deal or Leave without a deal" that would split the Leave vote, which is clearly unfair. So I suspect it would have to be some form of "Question 1: Leave or Remain. Question 2: if Leave, on what terms, May's deal or no deal?". And this time any answer must have a 60% vote in favour to take effect, one of the biggest failures of Cameron's referendum
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4477 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 12:59:04 »

Think you're absolutely right there. The phrasing of the question will be all important too, can't be just a straight leave or remain again, because one thing we have learned is that "leave" isn't clear enough, it covers too many options. But if you have "Remain, Leave on May's deal or Leave without a deal" that would split the Leave vote, which is clearly unfair. So I suspect it would have to be some form of "Question 1: Leave or Remain. Question 2: if Leave, on what terms, May's deal or no deal?". And this time any answer must have a 60% vote in favour to take effect, one of the biggest failures of Cameron's referendum

No basically remain should not be on the ballot that’s already been decided upon. If it was in the ballot and won the leave side would not accept the result and rightly so.

As May said her deal is the only on offer should be her deal or no deal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4478 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 14:06:14 »

if something's shit and unworkable don't do it.

it would need May removing to stay anyway, she also has no appetite for staying
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4479 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 17:02:24 »

No basically remain should not be on the ballot that’s already been decided upon. If it was in the ballot and won the leave side would not accept the result and rightly so.
And if it's not, remain won't accept the result. Let's face it, whichever side loses won't accept it anyway. That's one reason why it needs to be 60% of the vote to get a clear result.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4480 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 17:50:37 »

And if it's not, remain won't accept the result. Let's face it, whichever side loses won't accept it anyway. That's one reason why it needs to be 60% of the vote to get a clear result.
What ever way its spun remain lost and so they want another vote to usurp the last one.
leaving will not be an option and the next fixed vote for remain will be permanent.
We are living in the post democratic age.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4481 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 21:52:07 »

What ever way its spun remain lost and so they want another vote to usurp the last one.
leaving will not be an option and the next fixed vote for remain will be permanent.
We are living in the post democratic age.

I take it you're going to lose your shit if the government do end up putting the onus back onto the public, aren't you?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4482 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 22:15:09 »

can only hope we see him blow a fuse
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4483 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 22:30:28 »

can only hope we see him blow a fuse
That ship sailed some time ago, we are living in a post-fuse age
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4484 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 22:31:46 »

Reg you've just posted the facts and that should be the end of this discussion. I've decided that because of your intelligent fact based, truth, you are forth with ennobled and from this day onwards shall be know as Sir Reg Smeeton. Feel free to wipe your arse on any lefty twat that passes by whilst your taking a dump.
You do realise Reg is the biggest lefty on here don't you? Deeply special
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: