Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2012356 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #4395 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 09:38:18 »

That was already the second vote. They voted for her once after Cameron left. It seems the Tory party are allowed to change their minds if something is shit.

JRM has already called on her to resign. Even with >60% of the vote. Its the will of the party she stays.

blah blah blah
====
Marvelous result. It puts the ERG back in their box for 12 months. She could of course be ousted by parliament anyway. Probably will.

But that's only going to remove risk of a harder Brexit, because our sovereign democracy parliament can see that a fools gold hard Brexit is the worst outcome for the United Kindom.

That's the biggest pile of bollox I've ever read on this site! Fucking leftard garbage, bending the truth till it snaps to fit your own agenda.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 09:40:34 »

mwhahaha.

don't cry over JRM being a busted flush
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 10:16:23 »

2 of those Tories had the whip reinstated especially so they could vote, whilst currently suspended over sexual misbehaviour allegations.

When Theresa May is looking for Tory MPs to support her, Shes not looking for the best. You get people that have a lot of problems, and they bring those problems with them. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 10:19:17 »

mwhahaha.

don't cry over JRM being a busted flush

I bet there was a tearful and poignant cry of 'Nanny' through the corridors of Westminster around 9pm last night.

However they try to spin it, it was a crap result for May and further shows she has lost control of her party.

117 is a sizeable lack of confidence for her. She'll continue because she's a stubborn fish. Except this only leads me to think that the 117 gives support for Labour to call a Vote of No Confidence in the government.

A VONC would serve little purpose as I suspect it wouldn't pass, mainly as it would need some Tories to revolt and they would potentially be setting themselves up to fight an election that they might lose their seats in, never underestimate self preservation!

« Last Edit: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 10:24:09 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 10:32:48 »

However they try to spin it, it was a crap result for May and further shows she has lost control of her party.

It was, but at the same time it doesn't mean much.

She's admitted she's on borrowed time by not standing in the next GE.
She is not trusted by many ofher own party.
She still has the threat of being removed hanging over her, albeit a slightly lessened one from parliament.
She still has no chance of getting the withdrawal bill through without major legally binding changes.

So not much has changed in the now, except Boris and JRM have lost a bit of bleating power.

Back to the task at hand, outraging SRK,
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4400 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 10:59:24 »

She basically saved her job last night by promising to quit her job, didn’t she?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:00:00 »

Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4402 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:04:30 »

Quote from: Quagmire
She basically saved her job last night by promising to quit her job, didn’t she?

certainly didn't lose her votes
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4403 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:16:17 »

2 of those Tories had the whip reinstated especially so they could vote, whilst currently suspended over sexual misbehaviour allegations.

He sounds like a nice chap...

"She's so cute. So sweet. I can't wait to beat her" he said. "Can she take a beating?"

But a votes a vote and all that, another thing she can quote as being bad things she has done....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4404 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:20:28 »

It was, but at the same time it doesn't mean much.

She's admitted she's on borrowed time by not standing in the next GE.
She is not trusted by many ofher own party.
She still has the threat of being removed hanging over her, albeit a slightly lessened one from parliament.
She still has no chance of getting the withdrawal bill through without major legally binding changes.

So not much has changed in the now, except Boris and JRM have lost a bit of bleating power.

wtg

He's the Piers Morgan of the TEF.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4405 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 12:35:26 »

He sounds like a nice chap...

"She's so cute. So sweet. I can't wait to beat her" he said. "Can she take a beating?"

Talking about his reasons for voting for May, presumably?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4406 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 12:36:10 »

When Theresa May is looking for Tory MPs to support her, Shes not looking for the best. You get people that have a lot of problems, and they bring those problems with them. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Cheesy Great work!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4407 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 12:40:08 »

I bet there was a tearful and poignant cry of 'Nanny' through the corridors of Westminster around 9pm last night.

Bizarrely, it was a pretty shit result for both sides - for May just as you say, but also for the ERG loons as they've grossly underestimated the level of their support in the party and have now locked May in office for 12 months unless Labour can force a GE or someone can persuade her to quit. Rees-Mogg was reduced to asking her to quit on the radio this morning and bravely ignoring explaining how "The party has had it's say and now everyone needs to get behind the result" didn't apply to this one-off vote but "The country has had it's say and now everyone needs to get behind the result" still applies to the one-off vote he quite liked. Like to pick and choose their principles these Brexiteers don't they?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4408 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 16:27:37 »

Oh dear, oh dear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36470809
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4409 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 17:02:40 »

Always thought Shilton was a bot of a knob to be honest....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/13/hand-of-clod-brexit-and-theresa-may-divide-englands-1986-world-cup-squad?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: