Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996219 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4245 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 09:43:07 »

Does that really apply to EU people moving to the UK for an extended period?   £24k min income!  Health Insurance!!!!!

I have never heard of this and can't believe that it is simply that UK Govt has chosen not to apply rules.  This would surely have come up as part of the "people flooding in and undercutting Brits" argument?

We have exactly the same ability to impose such rules, just our governments have chosen not to for various reasons.

If people have a problem with immigration, its a problem that should be taken up with our government not the EU. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4246 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 09:45:50 »

actually we do have similar rules if you want to stay permanently, (though I can't see explicitly where it says this says to EU citizens, I can't see where it says the opposite either)

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

I guess we have the right to work in Greece in non permanent/non residency rules  just like everyone
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4247 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 09:54:44 »

Radio 4 this morning was a treat of why we, the people shouldn't decide. We are largely idiots.

Paraphrasing:
"yeah, we should get a businessman to do the negotiating. Alan Sugar, he'd get a good deal"
"The EU have made it hard. They aren't a Union at all, they're a big gang. I'm even more sure we should leave."
"We should rock up and say no deal, then turn our backs and walk out. You'd have 27 countries running over the hills to negotiate a deal"

Did you stay on to listen to Humphreys interview Theresa May at 08:10?  The Maybot needs a reboot.  It was painful to listen to.  No vision, no passion, no message to the listening public.  Just a tired litany of soundbites and jargon.  Left you with the impression that there's no one in charge.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4248 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 10:02:07 »

Does that really apply to EU people moving to the UK for an extended period?   £24k min income!  Health Insurance!!!!!

I have never heard of this and can't believe that it is simply that UK Govt has chosen not to apply rules.  This would surely have come up as part of the "people flooding in and undercutting Brits" argument?
Here it is

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/documents-formalities/registering-residence/index_en.htm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4249 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 10:20:38 »

Did you stay on to listen to Humphreys interview Theresa May at 08:10?  The Maybot needs a reboot.  It was painful to listen to.  No vision, no passion, no message to the listening public.  Just a tired litany of soundbites and jargon.  Left you with the impression that there's no one in charge.

No, I was in work by then. Thankfully.

Left you with the impression that there's no one in charge.

When Brexit secretaries resign over Brexit negotiations I think its fair to say May was in charge. I don't mean that in a positive way either.

Now....They're going to have to pull a full warren out the hat to get a deal through.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4250 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 10:40:33 »

I genuinely fear for her, she looks dreadful (if you compare pictures of 2016 and now this is aging her in front of our eyes) and has the charisma of a dead fish.

One of the pleasing things about the debate the other night was discovering that there are actually some younger MP's with a bit of charisma and fire in their bellies.
REDBUCK

« Reply #4251 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 10:56:11 »

Unfortunately MP's start off like that and end up like May or equivalent.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4252 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 11:49:17 »

It's 100% true that we have always had the ability to control EU migration but successive governments chose not to. It's actually worse than that because we don't even record who is coming or going.

Once again a problem that people ascribe to the EU is a wholly domestic problem that has been blamed on the EU bogeyman because it was politically convenient to the government of the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/31/britain-take-back-control-immigration-eu-directive-brexit
http://lawyers-inforbritain.uk/b-m-a/can-the-uk-control-its-borders-if-it-remains-in-the-eu/
https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/
REDBUCK

« Reply #4253 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 12:32:07 »

So was this ever in bold on the side of the remain bus, if not why not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4254 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 12:38:48 »

Probably because Cameron was a complacent prick who underestimated the public feeling.

Though there was this from  Home Secretary May under Cameron

REDBUCK

« Reply #4255 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 13:04:13 »

So how does that square with those that insist she is a remainder, albeit a lightweight one
Sir red ken

« Reply #4256 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 13:06:42 »

So was this ever in bold on the side of the remain bus, if not why not.
touche!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4257 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 13:26:46 »

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4258 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 13:28:31 »

Probably because Cameron was a complacent prick who underestimated the public feeling.

Indeed, something like this video should have been released pre June 2016...

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4259 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 17:59:55 »

Its the normally Tory supporting YouGov which makes it even more shocking...

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: