Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996141 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3795 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 12:04:02 »

Makes you proud don't it....

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/un-extreme-poverty-expert-to-examine-effect-of-austerity-on-uks-poorest_uk_5be02238e4b01ffb1d040dc1?fbclid=IwAR2MwEWO0Okf4dzRV_yFd6Njt4DTXYCbhjQWX_VcC2nCb7yGJEeQKtuafB0
Sir red ken

« Reply #3796 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 14:41:53 »

The huffington post! Jesus Crist what's wrong with you. It a George Soros funded, global commie, fake news rag for teens and students. The UN is also a global commie organisation which keeps send their people to the UK to talk us down.
But if that makes you proud?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3797 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 15:04:39 »

The huffington post! Jesus Crist what's wrong with you. It a George Soros funded, global commie, fake news rag for teens and students. The UN is also a global commie organisation which keeps send their people to the UK to talk us down.
Is his post incorrect then? Are they not investigating it
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3798 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:15:19 »

Is his post incorrect then? Are they not investigating it

I still cannot place my finger on a reason why people have no problem with Banks using money of various dubious sources yet Soros is always singled out for abuse?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3799 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:33:03 »

I still cannot place my finger on a reason why people have no problem with Banks using money of various dubious sources yet Soros is always singled out for abuse?
Soros is a Jewish liberal, double anathema for the far right

EDIT: you were being sarcy weren't you? Wooosh!  Head Hurts
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:36:07 by pauld » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3800 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:35:25 »

You do realise that the entire concept of Communism and Globalism are at complete odds with each other, right?  There is either a conspiracy to turn us all into Communists - i.e., all sharing equally in the wealth and means of production, or the conspiracy is that an Elite exists to control funds and Govt's globally to ensure their form of Capitalism wins out, breaking down international borders and Govt.s to dampen wage demands and ensure goods and services retain the highest margins possible enriching those that own the means of production.  They are literally opposite ends of a spectrum.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3801 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:37:08 »

You do realise that the entire concept of Communism and Globalism are at complete odds with each other, right?  There is either a conspiracy to turn us all into Communists - i.e., all sharing equally in the wealth and means of production, or the conspiracy is that an Elite exists to control funds and Govt's globally to ensure their form of Capitalism wins out, breaking down international borders and Govt.s to dampen wage demands and ensure goods and services retain the highest margins possible enriching those that own the means of production.  They are literally opposite ends of a spectrum.
I don't think logically seeing through an argument is srk's strong point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3802 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:39:28 »

It turns out that I am a radical communist over here - because I like the NHS.  It helps that I probably stole someone's job as well.  Nasty Communist Immigrant trying to turn the USA into Venezuela from the inside!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3803 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:41:45 »

Soros is a Jewish liberal, double anathema for the far right

EDIT: you were being sarcy weren't you? Wooosh!  Head Hurts

I dunno what you mean, I similarly struggle with the abuse that Diane Abbot gets - she is a total numbnuts but no worse than 10's of other MP's yet she seems a target for many?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3804 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 16:43:04 »

I think she deserves the abuse, just because others don't get the abuse they deserve, doesn't make it wrong.a
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3805 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 18:31:32 »

I think she deserves the abuse
I'm assuming you're referring to the general insults, not the racist death threats?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3806 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 19:20:33 »

Of course.  She is an oddity - I kind of liked her on the Politcs show she was on, but I also liked Michael Portillo on that.  He sounded pretty reasonable, which I simply couldn't square with his political career!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3807 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 06:54:57 »

I know you're being flippant, but no one deserves that level of abuse for simply doing their job. Not even Swindon players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3808 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 07:37:55 »

Diane Abbott is a high ranking member of the opposition and was initially very prominent in labours election campaign. That she came across as a simpleton unable to communicate basic facts and unable to cope with public debate was always going to lead to ridicule.

that Labour removed her from the firing line speaks volumes.

it's not like Boris Johnson, Theresa May and the like get away with it while people pick on Abbott is it.

The Tory equivalent I suppose is Nadine Dorries, who is genuinly stupid. But being away from the front line means she avoids the level of attention that Abbott gets .

Racism, death threats and the like I personally see as a separate issue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3809 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 09:28:16 »

but I also liked Michael Portillo on that.  He sounded pretty reasonable, which I simply couldn't square with his political career!

Having done some TV work with Portillo  Yes he was a generally nice bloke during the afternoon we spent together (shocking pink shirt aside!)

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: