Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995812 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3720 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:30:15 »

And as if by magic, the DUP are now threatening to vote against the upcoming budget.

https://twitter.com/tamcohen/status/1049992948321046533

It would be funny if it were not for the fact that it was £1bn of our money she pissed up the wall to buy them off.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3721 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:37:47 »

I doubt they are spending it given that Stormont hasn't been in session for 2 years.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3722 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:40:18 »

I doubt they are spending it given that Stormont hasn't been in session for 2 years.
I am sure the DUP have managed to squirrel it away somewhere, they are pretty good with money when it suits them (see the energy scheme and their spending during the ref...)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3723 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:56:29 »

And Ian Paisley Jr's holidays!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3724 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 12:27:06 »

DUP hotting up the pressure on May. She's really not too great at this politics lark. Still, who could've predicted that her uneasy alliance with a group of religious nutters might not work out?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45818777
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3725 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 13:00:38 »

DUP hotting up the pressure on May. She's really not too great at this politics lark. Still, who could've predicted that her uneasy alliance with a group of religious nutters might not work out?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45818777

The fact that Esther McVey is considered as the cream and thus good enough to occupy a cabinet position tells you everything you need to know about this government....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3726 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 21:54:52 »

The fact that Esther McVey is considered as the cream and thus good enough to occupy a cabinet position tells you everything you need to know about this government....

I raise you Diane Abbott...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3727 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 06:08:45 »

I fold, all I've got is a nadine dorries, and nobody is stupid enough to put her anywhere near the cabinet/Shadow cabinet alumni.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #3728 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 06:25:11 »

I fold, all I've got is a nadine dorries, and nobody is stupid enough to put her anywhere near the cabinet/Shadow cabinet alumni.

I raise you again, two jags Prescott. Now we could do this all day. What this does show is that on both sides of the house there are MP’s who you end up scratching your head over, either their position of actually managing to get selected and elected and then attaining a position as a minister.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3729 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 07:01:36 »

Your opponent folded so need to raise again! Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3730 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 15:38:00 »

Wonder what they're like on fracking..... Ireland I believe has a ban, like Germany.  The Tories are currently looking to change the rules on earthquakes, whereby if fracking produces a ruimble on the Richter scale operations have to stop. They think it's too low.

See that the fracking 3 have been immediately released on appeal.... this is good.  

A certain irony that with the release of Mike Leigh's film on the Peterloo Massacre imminent, it's worth remembering that such long held rights such as peaceful protest, were not easily won and not to be taken for granted.  There is a need for vilgilance.

Of course it, shouldn't be thought that this is some sort of victory, that will only happen when fracking is banned as it is in Germany etc.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 15:56:18 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #3731 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 17:20:18 »

Completely agree.  But we can't stop there.

Vaccinations; Do we really want our children sprouting animal parts?

Mobile phones; How many planes falling out of the sky and hospital equipment grinding to a halt will it take until these telephonic madmen come to their senses?

Horseless carriages; it is a FACT that the human brain explodes at speeds above 25mph.

Let's get back to gentler, happier times where mankind's advancement is determined by unsubstantiated hearsay rather than tedious scientific research.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3732 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 09:43:35 »

Fracking releases natural gas, one of the cleaner fossil fuels but it's still a fossil fuel. Why are we ramping fossil fuel collection at the same time as reducing subsidies on renewables?

The "tedious scientific research" that climate scientists have done has concluded that we have around 12 years to prevent a temperature rise of 2.0C.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #3733 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 10:52:58 »

Yes it's madness not to be doing everything we can to be growing our production of the sustainable clean energy that we are going to need to avoid destroying our planet. We should also be doing a lot more to reduce our level of demand for that energy. 

But everyone (I think) recognises that we cannot eliminate our need for fossil fuel at this point.  And from an ecological, financial and political viewpoint I'd rather get that fuel from Lancashire than Russia.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #3734 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 17:28:47 »

Yes it's madness not to be doing everything we can to be growing our production of the sustainable clean energy that we are going to need to avoid destroying our planet. We should also be doing a lot more to reduce our level of demand for that energy. 

But everyone (I think) recognises that we cannot eliminate our need for fossil fuel at this point.  And from an ecological, financial and political viewpoint I'd rather get that fuel from Lancashire than Russia.

This.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: