Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995806 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3675 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 08:10:46 »

What don't you understand about the fact that British people living in Ireland can vote for their chosen TD - or MP if that makes it easier for you to understand. Stop spouting shite

He doesn't understand as it doesn't suit the ill informed narrative he is parroting.....
Sir red ken

« Reply #3676 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 08:24:00 »

He doesn't understand as it doesn't suit the ill informed narrative he is parroting.....
Here's your Ill informed narative.

Article 16 of the Constitution of Ireland as approved in 1937, and amended in 1972 to lower the voting age, provided that the franchise for elections to Dáil Éireann would be citizens who have reached the age of 18. The Electoral Amendment Bill 1983, proposed by the Fine Gael–Labour Party government led by Taoiseach Garret FitzGerald, would have amended the Electoral Act 1963 to allow British citizens as defined by the British Nationality Act 1981 to vote in elections to Dáil Éireann. This was to reciprocate the Ireland Act 1949, a British statute, which among other provisions had granted Irish citizens resident in the United Kingdom the right to vote in elections to the British parliament.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3677 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 08:33:48 »

British citizens may vote at Dáil elections, European elections and local elections. 

So not in referenda, not sure what other elections the Irish have.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3678 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 08:39:46 »

Here's your Ill informed narative.

Article 16 of the Constitution of Ireland as approved in 1937, and amended in 1972 to lower the voting age, provided that the franchise for elections to Dáil Éireann would be citizens who have reached the age of 18. The Electoral Amendment Bill 1983, proposed by the Fine Gael–Labour Party government led by Taoiseach Garret FitzGerald, would have amended the Electoral Act 1963 to allow British citizens as defined by the British Nationality Act 1981 to vote in elections to Dáil Éireann. This was to reciprocate the Ireland Act 1949, a British statute, which among other provisions had granted Irish citizens resident in the United Kingdom the right to vote in elections to the British parliament.

Unless I’ve misunderstoood, You’re talking to a British national who has voted in Irish elections

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3679 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 08:43:02 »

Democracy is a litmus test for a MOMENT IN TIME. You cannot keep rerunning something because you lost.
Except for the most important votes we cast, the general and local elections to elect who governs us which we run every 4-5 years.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3680 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:01:45 »

British citizens may vote at Dáil elections, European elections and local elections. 

So not in referenda, not sure what other elections the Irish have.
How many Irish people are there in the UK eligible vote (yes I have Irish friends and go to Ireland with them) It's around 350,000 They are all pro EU and vote for the Communist labour Party in the UK.
So for those snowflakes who are still upset their team lost the last referendum and general election.
Even with the support of the civil service, all of the house of Frauds, 9 million pounds worth of Tax payers money.
eu & business Bankrolled ex MP's.
"British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens who live in the UK, and Britons who have lived abroad for less than 15 years, that were eligible to vote".
Leave vote represents the largest mandate in British political history as 17,410,742 people voted to leave the European Union. If you don't like those facts just accept and admit your not a person who believes in democracy.
To end with a quote from the late great Tony Ben when he campaigned to leave the EU and lost in the 1970's The people have spoken and who am I to defy them!
Sir red ken

« Reply #3681 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:07:12 »

Except for the most important votes we cast, the general and local elections to elect who governs us which we run every 4-5 years.
Well why didn't we have a vote on our EU every 4 or 5 Years?
The country had a 41 year gap between referendum's, that's now the bench mark and we can vote again on rejoining 2057
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3682 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:17:01 »

Unless I’ve misunderstoood, You’re talking to a British national who has voted in Irish elections

That was rather the point I was making, although he has learnt to cut and paste so I suppose that's a positive outcome from the whole exchange.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3683 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:25:08 »

To be fair to him he has spoken to all 350,000 Irish nationals in the UK and knows that they are all Labour supporting pro EU voters.

That’s decent knowledge

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3684 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:26:34 »

Well why didn't we have a vote on our EU every 4 or 5 Years?
The country had a 41 year gap between referendum's, that's now the bench mark and we can vote again on rejoining 2057

Sorry, I can't respond to your post above this one as it really makes no sense.

However, our relationship with the EU has been included in party manifestos at General Elections. So for example the 83 Labour manifesto, called for ther withdrawal from the EU, Labour didn't get in.

UKIP was founded as a single issue anti EU party I think won something like 1 MP.

Now given, that UKIP obtained a lot of votes for their 1 MP, I would have said it calls into question our voting system and how representataive that is.... however this was put to the test by the Tory/Lib Dem coalition in a referendum and found a majority in favour of the status quo.

At the last election, the pro remain party LibDems bombed the pro leave Tory/Labour did well. The only issue is the terms of leaving.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:34:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3685 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 09:51:48 »

How many Irish people are there in the UK eligible vote (yes I have Irish friends and go to Ireland with them) It's around 350,000 They are all pro EU and vote for the Communist labour Party in the UK.
So for those snowflakes who are still upset their team lost the last referendum and general election.
Even with the support of the civil service, all of the house of Frauds, 9 million pounds worth of Tax payers money.
eu & business Bankrolled ex MP's.
"British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens who live in the UK, and Britons who have lived abroad for less than 15 years, that were eligible to vote".
Leave vote represents the largest mandate in British political history as 17,410,742 people voted to leave the European Union. If you don't like those facts just accept and admit your not a person who believes in democracy.
To end with a quote from the late great Tony Ben when he campaigned to leave the EU and lost in the 1970's The people have spoken and who am I to defy them!

You won get over it......
Sir red ken

« Reply #3686 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 11:24:39 »

To be fair to him he has spoken to all 350,000 Irish nationals in the UK and knows that they are all Labour supporting pro EU voters.

That’s decent knowledge

Thanks, I'm just like Gina Millar I speak for you all.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3687 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 11:34:27 »

Sorry, I can't respond to your post above this one as it really makes no sense.

However, our relationship with the EU has been included in party manifestos at General Elections. So for example the 83 Labour manifesto, called for ther withdrawal from the EU, Labour didn't get in.

UKIP was founded as a single issue anti EU party I think won something like 1 MP.

Now given, that UKIP obtained a lot of votes for their 1 MP, I would have said it calls into question our voting system and how representataive that is.... however this was put to the test by the Tory/Lib Dem coalition in a referendum and found a majority in favour of the status quo.

At the last election, the pro remain party LibDems bombed the pro leave Tory/Labour did well. The only issue is the terms of leaving.
The terms of leaving are simple, it said on the ballot paper accept Dave's sh1tty deal or leave everything. No deal, no Eu laws, no payments. We go by world trade laws. This deal shite only reared its head after, as a leave in name only,have another vote to overule the first one option.It was never voted on by the people in 2016,but somehow we were all too stupid to understand what we were really voting for. Now all of a sudden its so complicated, the stupid people who didn't know what they were voting for in 2016 need a peoples vote, because its far too complicated for the political class?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3688 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 11:36:48 »

The terms of leaving are simple, it said on the ballot paper accept Dave's sh1tty deal or leave everything. No deal, no Eu laws, no payments. We go by world trade laws.
It said nothing of the sort. The question was do you want to remain in the EU, or leave the EU. Nothing whatsoever about the additional absolutist stuff you have added on.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3689 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 11:43:03 »

Maybe any 2nd referendum on the terms of the exit deal should be open only to those who voted leave.

In the interest of fairness they should also be the ones to bear the brunt of any costs associated with any resulting economic downturn, or to reap the benefits of the brave new world.

Also, ask them to wear a badge so that the rest of us know when to give up a seat on public transport.

Other than that, couldn't care less what happens next, although the completely shambolic nature of proceedings since the vote has been a source of great amusement.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: