Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996694 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3630 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 20:00:33 »

Pray tell us how we will suffer?

Can’t be bothered to go into that as I’m off to the boozer to enjoy some european beer.

For the sake of arguement just assume my answer is the same as most remainers

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3631 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 20:01:42 »

Pray tell us how we will suffer?

You do realise that the EU stance is precisely to observe our Sovereignty, right?  We are quitting, they don't have to agree to anything as there is nothing to agree to - we leave, done.  The negotiations are about a new relationship with the EU, they can take it or leave t I guess.

One way we will suffer - not to be all Reg about this, but history suggests a staright leave under current agreement (none) will result in one of two things:

a) a soft border with the Rep of Ireland to appease the republican side of N Ireland - this will pretty much mean we cannot control our borders as those who wanted us to leave desire.  Instead, people will be able to go via Rep of Ireland and travel through.  If free movement of people was supposedly a problem, it would remain a problem.

or b) a hard border with checkpoints will be needed to close off the immigration loophole.  This would undo the Good Friday Agreement and  most likely bring us back to an active insurgence in N Ireland, plus mainland bombings again as a push for independence/re-unification with Ireland is demanded.

That one isn't reliant of economic theories, it's a basic and obvious car crash happening in slow motion.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3632 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 20:03:56 »

I voted remain as I bought better we could reform the EU from within.

The old reform from within Bullsh1t. We've never changed anything about the EU, just managed a few minor concessions.
Tony Blair the war monger keeps say changed from within and he's dammaged goods.

This unfortunately is why I suggest the vote to Leave was the right one.  You can't vote to be in something you don't really like, and the hope of changing it's path is a forlorn one at best.  Our problem was not buying into what it is all about - f you can't sell that to the populace then you shouldn't be a part of it.  Nothing wrong in saying that and also saying that life won't be as good in pure economic terms if you exit a huge free trade block.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3633 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 20:06:41 »

Just walk away, stop attending any meetings and stop paying monies in. Sooner or later they will see we won’t be bullied or just roll over and have our bellies tickled. The EU will be begging for a deal then because which ever side of the fence you sit it’s clear to see the EU will struggle without the U.K. part of it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3634 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 20:14:19 »

Just walk away, stop attending any meetings and stop paying monies in. Sooner or later they will see we won’t be bullied or just roll over and have our bellies tickled. The EU will be begging for a deal then because which ever side of the fence you sit it’s clear to see the EU will struggle without the U.K. part of it.

Not sure how - we have a huge trade deficit with the EU, so while they'll lose a net contributor to the Govt set-up, the countries will be fine as they'll also be able to slap some tariff's one I guess.  It took them how many years to get trade deals sorted with places like Canada?  Why would they be any more inclined to sort something out with the UK?  It's not that they don't want to, it's that you have to get 27 countries to agree, so it takes time.  We don't have that, so the most likely outcome is a no deal exit, which is fine, just plan for it and stop the charade.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3635 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 20:47:23 »

Can’t be bothered to go into that as I’m off to the boozer to enjoy some european beer.

For the sake of arguement just assume my answer is the same as most remainers

🏳️ 😂
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3636 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 00:53:01 »

Yep you’ve really got me banged to rights there Clap
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3637 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 09:42:38 »

Just for clarity how you dealing with the hard border in Ireland and thus the voiding of the GFA in that case?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3638 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 13:52:55 »

I voted remain as I bought better we could reform the EU from within.

The old reform from within Bullsh1t. We've never changed anything about the EU, just managed a few minor concessions.
Tony Blair the war monger keeps say changed from within and he's dammaged goods.

We only get our own way 95% of the time...

http://theconversation.com/fact-check-does-britain-get-its-way-at-the-european-top-table-58610
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3639 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:08:38 »

Whether you voted to leave or remain, surely we can all agree that those in government who wanted out should have had a cogent exit plan. None of the issues being faced now should have been a surprise to them.
As for 'The EU needs us more than we need them' argument, I'm really not convinced.

Despite my view that Theresa May is a hatchet faced harridan I kind of feel sorry for her. The useless old trout has been given a stick with 2 shitty ends....

Oh and Boris Johnson, the lovable buffoon, isn't. He's a poisonous self serving cunt who'd stab his own mum in the back if it furthered his own ambitions. Can't believe people are taken in by him.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3640 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:19:01 »

Oh and Boris Johnson, the lovable buffoon, isn't. He's a poisonous self serving cunt who'd stab his own mum in the back if it furthered his own ambitions. Can't believe people are taken in by him.
Never a truer word has been spoken on the TEF.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3641 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:29:04 »

Despite my view that Theresa May is a hatchet faced harridan I kind of feel sorry for her. The useless old trout has been given a stick with 2 shitty ends....

Oh and Boris...

Absolute lovely use of the English (possibly French) language. Harridan always makes me think of a Spitting Image character like Thatcher or Lamont! +1

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3642 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 19:08:44 »

Absolute lovely use of the English (possibly French) language. Harridan always makes me think of a Spitting Image character like Thatcher or Lamont! +1
Just for Reg...

I reckon he has erotic fantasies about Mrs Thatch...  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3643 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 19:53:34 »

Just for Reg...

I reckon he has erotic fantasies about Mrs Thatch...  Hmmm

No

Spitting Image should come back though...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3644 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 20:13:41 »

Definitely should!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: