Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996099 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3600 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:15:31 »

This has to be the day, surely, that May concedes (at least in private) that Chequers is a non-starter.

2016: 'Brexit means Brexit!'
2018: 'Brexit?!  No idea.  Not a clue.  I have nothing.'
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:17:03 by Ardiles » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3601 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:18:50 »

This has to be the day, surely, that May concedes (at least in private) that Chequers is a non-starter.

Remainers (including Tory ones) say it is rubbish.....
Brexiteers say it is rubbish.....
The EU say it is rubbish.....

So you would expect so?

The funniest bit was Responding to Mr Tusk's remarks, she said: "Yes, concerns have been raised and I want to know what those concerns are." they will be those that EU leaders have been raising almost daily for over 2 years?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3602 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:30:05 »

Just give those who voted out what they asked for, it's pretty simple.  Clean up the mess after - and there can be no denying there will not be a big mess in Ireland that will spill into England.

Hopefully, those who voted out will be applying for the new Border patrol forces that will be required in N. Ireland?

I don't know why 2 years has been wasted trying to fudge the thing.  Either the vote counted or it didn't?  If it did, and it should, then just prepare for a reset on the exit date in the two years you have, get new structures in place and then start over.  Right now you seem to have the worse of all worlds.  It's like a vitriolic divorce and trying to say "lets stay friends for the kids".

The "country" (that is part of the problem, a Union trying to leave another Union) needed to vote to get out, and it needs to take it's medicine, or sit on the stairs for a few years while it considers what is has done.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:33:25 by RobertT » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3603 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:30:43 »

She has nowhere to go.  Wouldn't be particularly shocked if she resigned in the next few days.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3604 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:39:42 »

She has nowhere to go.  Wouldn't be particularly shocked if she resigned in the next few days.

Who knows, its clear that the ERG nutters realise that they are not going to get their ideas through parliament or they would have unseated her months back, she remained their best hope of getting us out (I don't think they have any plans post MArch 2019 apart from taking the dollars of their funders and buggering off to France etc), whilst maintaining the charade, and then she could be replaced next April.

Meanwhile a lot of Labour supporters seem to suggest that their long game is coming to fruition, https://www.opendemocracy.net/sunny-hundal/labour-won-t-support-brexit-their-critics-are-ignoring-all-clues but are also saying that a 2nd referendum is not viable. Its not clear what happens if they get their GE and go on to win, do they just seek to extend A50, as if they fight an election based on ambiguity they will be unable to claim any new mandate either way on Brexit and as suggested above this nonsense will just drag on?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3605 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:44:36 »

Where's Nev from the Call Centre when you need him, 'GET OUT, OUT!"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3606 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 17:11:53 »

Who knows.

It is very difficult to tell exactly what is going on atm.  I think come March we'll have a better idea.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3607 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 19:25:59 »

It is very difficult to tell exactly what is going on atm.  I think come March we'll have a better idea.
By March, we should be out by law, as parliment forced by Gina Miller voted by a majority to leave.
The EU will have to plug the millions lost by increasing taxes on the countries remaining.
Countries like Greece and Italy will face financial disaster and bankruptcy.
Kleg,Kinnock,Mendleson, will loose a large part of their EU, tax payer funded pensions
Hesletine will loose his farming payment and jobs promised to political failures will evaporate.
The only alternative will be to ignore the referendum vote,ignore the legal vote by parliment and overide Article 50 ignoring EU law.
First extend, then rescind article 50, ignoring EU & UK law and UK democracy, is the best chance of reversing the current position. May has wasted 2 years deliberately so that the process can be halted. There's far to many political types drinking from the trough to let the cash flow stop.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3608 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 19:27:53 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
Who knows.

or, if you beleive Gove, we will come out under chequers then negotiate more after..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3609 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 11:35:22 »

By March, we should be out by law, as parliment forced by Gina Miller voted by a majority to leave.
The EU will have to plug the millions lost by increasing taxes on the countries remaining.
Countries like Greece and Italy will face financial disaster and bankruptcy.
Kleg,Kinnock,Mendleson, will loose a large part of their EU, tax payer funded pensions
Hesletine will loose his farming payment and jobs promised to political failures will evaporate.
The only alternative will be to ignore the referendum vote,ignore the legal vote by parliment and overide Article 50 ignoring EU law.
First extend, then rescind article 50, ignoring EU & UK law and UK democracy, is the best chance of reversing the current position. May has wasted 2 years deliberately so that the process can be halted. There's far to many political types drinking from the trough to let the cash flow stop.
It's as if you want to "punish" the EU.

If we go up, I wouldn't begrudge a single euro to Mendleson.  I shall be singing his "Elijah" oratorio from the Townend.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3610 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 13:43:55 »

Lost:

1 plot, if found please return to 10 Downing Street, London.

She has finally flipped
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3611 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 13:53:01 »

Brinkmanship...

or we are fucked.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3612 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 13:54:46 »

Brinkmanship...

or we are fucked.

She (and those programming her) just don't seem to get how negotiations work...

In simple terms the EU did not vote to leave the UK. It is not the EU’s job to put forward the UK’s plan for leaving. It is their job to negotiate what the U.K. put forward, is it really so hard to grasp.

As for the respect nonsense. again they don't seem to grasp that EU leaders can read the bile and spite that she and her ministers spout day in day out in the media about the EU, so frankly love that ship sailed years back!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3613 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 14:25:59 »

A colleague of my wife's said when the Brexit vote happened that he could foresee Brexit not happening and us staying in the EU without the original preferential benefits that the UK receives.

What a mess that fool David Cameron has left us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #3614 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 18:04:22 »

She (and those programming her) just don't seem to get how negotiations work...

In simple terms the EU did not vote to leave the UK. It is not the EU’s job to put forward the UK’s plan for leaving. It is their job to negotiate what the U.K. put forward, is it really so hard to grasp.

As for the respect nonsense. again they don't seem to grasp that EU leaders can read the bile and spite that she and her ministers spout day in day out in the media about the EU, so frankly love that ship sailed years back!

What a pile of absolute tosh- and I voted remain as I bought better we could reform the EU from within.

Their behaviour over the past 2 years has shown me that this is impossible and I would now vote leave in a heartbeat.

Look how they treated Greece, Ireland, Denmark they’re just a bunch of bullies.

May has put her plan forward which in my opinion she has conceded too much already- if they don’t like it they should come
up with an alternative rather than putting up childish Instagram posts.

Walk away now, no divorce bill and watch them come running for a deal

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: