Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996229 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3510 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 16:40:50 »

I think it's fair to say that it's the warnings of economic pain from industry bosses that are getting the most attention.  Not those of the 'EU elite', 'Remain politicians', Sky News, the BBC or the Guardian.  Or Diane Abbott.

Have you considered, perhaps, that you may have been just a tiny little bit brainwashed yourself?
Sir red ken

« Reply #3511 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 19:26:27 »

I think it's fair to say that it's the warnings of economic pain from industry bosses that are getting the most attention.  Not those of the 'EU elite', 'Remain politicians', Sky News, the BBC or the Guardian.  Or Diane Abbott.

Have you considered, perhaps, that you may have been just a tiny little bit brainwashed yourself?

No I haven't been brainwashed, now stop being fuck1ng silly. Amazon said there's going to be riots and food shortages.
Is that the same Amazon who didn't pay any UK tax? or maybe I should listen to Richard Branson who wants us to live in the Eu and work like loyal little slaves while he doesn't wish to live anywhere near Europe. Just self intersted Elites telling the little people what to think.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3512 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 20:25:30 »

Explain to me how our own UK Parliament is going to solve that "Issue", elites running the show, if that is the issue?  Recent history suggests you will get more of the same.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3513 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 20:31:17 »

Explain to me how our own UK Parliament is going to solve that "Issue", elites running the show, if that is the issue?  Recent history suggests you will get more of the same.
Recent history is all about eu elite.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3514 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 20:34:38 »

Is that going to happen after the emergency budget if we voted to leave, or before the 5 million job losses that never happenend.
While you're right about the bullshit spouted as "Project Fear" by the Remain team (although let's be honest Leave weren't exactly scrupulous about not telling massive fucking porkies or playing on people's fears were they?) it's a bit early to say any projected job losses never happened. They'd be most likely to happen in numbers after we leave, at the moment no-one has any idea what terms we are leaving on. Depending on how those terms sit on a scale from good to disastrous, that might trigger large scale economic problems.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3515 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 20:35:40 »

Recent history is all about eu elite.
Like the multi-millionaires Gove, Johnson, Farage and Rees-Mogg you mean? All of whom stand to make a fat profit from us leaving? That EU elite?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3516 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 20:52:48 »

No I haven't been brainwashed, now stop being fuck1ng silly. Amazon said there's going to be riots and food shortages.
Is that the same Amazon who didn't pay any UK tax?

The Amazon fella just said civil unrest.... Amazon pay much lower tax in the UK and next to fuck all in the RoI, compared to the rest of the EU, who are rather keen in getting a bit more fairness into the system, so in that sense UK out of Europe will suit them.  One thing you will be able to bank on is that the Brexiteers see a low state, low tax economy as a goal.

The problem will be for them if a Corbyn government occurs and pursues them with more vigour than Brussels.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3517 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 22:17:05 »

I like that the chap who funded the Farage Leave campaign seemingly chucked a few hundred thousand at some dodgy African politicians in the hope of getting the rights to some Diamond Mining Licenses - not at all Elite!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3518 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 22:32:33 »

Howzabout a National Government then?
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3519 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 22:49:41 »

Is that the same Amazon who didn't pay any UK tax? or maybe I should listen to Richard Branson who wants us to live in the Eu and work like loyal little slaves while he doesn't wish to live anywhere near Europe. Just self intersted Elites telling the little people what to think.

Actually it was a representative of this 'Brexit will be great' Government who said they were beginning to plan stockpiles of food and medicines, just in case.  I don't understand why everyone who disagrees with you, or who has severe doubts about the sanity of the government is from the self-interested elite.  If you cannot see what Johnson, Gove, Banks, Farage, Rees-Mogg et al are up to, that's an issue for you.  Believe me, it is not for the benefit of ordinary people in the street.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3520 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 22:59:23 »

Actually it was a representative of this 'Brexit will be great' Government who said they were beginning to plan stockpiles of food and medicines, just in case.
Dominic Raab, no less, long time hardcore Brexiteer, so no sabotaging Remoaner. Quoted in the pro-Brexit Telegraph (in case there's any concern about the BBC, Sky etc misrepresenting him):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/24/stockpiles-food-medicine-blood-will-built-no-deal-brexit-becomes/

Not so much Project Fear as Project "Oh Fuck"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3521 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 09:54:42 »

Dominic Raab, no less, long time hardcore Brexiteer, so no sabotaging Remoaner. Quoted in the pro-Brexit Telegraph (in case there's any concern about the BBC, Sky etc misrepresenting him):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/24/stockpiles-food-medicine-blood-will-built-no-deal-brexit-becomes/

Not so much Project Fear as Project "Oh Fuck"

Still winning.....

Brexit progress report:

“The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history"- Liam Fox, 20/7/17

"We will make sure there's adequate food supplies"- Dominic Raab, 24/7/18, when asked about preparations for 'no deal' scenario

But at least we get blue passports and the death penalty seems to be making a quiet comeback as well.  Roll Eyes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3522 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 10:40:17 »

Still winning.....

Brexit progress report:

“The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history"- Liam Fox, 20/7/17

"We will make sure there's adequate food supplies"- Dominic Raab, 24/7/18, when asked about preparations for 'no deal' scenario

But at least we get blue passports and the death penalty seems to be making a quiet comeback as well.  Roll Eyes

It's only right, that HMG should have contingency plans for the likely no deal..... we've seen plenty of examples like when there was a fairly spontaneous but somewhat limited blockade of the Stanlow Oil Refinery back in 2000, how quickly the country descended into chaos.... causing the Queen to invoke emergency powers

The M2 turning into a lorry park is a fairly regular occurence when the French blockade Calais.

Apparently the Dutch, a pragmatic people, have already recruited hundreds of extra excisepersons to cope with having to inspect lorries etc. entering Europort.... we haven't, despite control, of borders being an aim of Brexit.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3523 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 21:09:13 »

No doubt she will resign if foud guity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5991597/Labour-MP-Fiona-Onasanya-charged-perverting-course-justice.html
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3524 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 21:28:27 »

I dunno.  Seems to be different standards these days.  Apparently you can openly lie to the house, be found out and forget about it these days.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: