Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995947 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3495 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 14:13:58 »

It's a shame more people don't turn up to protest against our own shit show government instead of worrying more about Trump

There were considerably more people protesting about the government (and Corbyn) in London the other week than there are now about Trump!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3496 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 14:16:07 »

Good. I hope that's true,not quite sure why there needs to be a protest about Corbyn though
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3497 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 14:17:06 »

Cos he twists and turns like a twisty turny thing
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3498 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 14:36:47 »

Good. I hope that's true,not quite sure why there needs to be a protest about Corbyn though

Anti Brexit demo.... Jeremy favours Brexit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3499 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 15:09:53 »

It's a shame more people don't turn up to protest against our own shit show government instead of worrying more about Trump
Trump is several grades more worrying than our govt/opposition.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3500 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 15:13:44 »

Trump is several grades more worrying than our govt/opposition.
Why? Our own government have put more of our own people on the streets and led to more and more food banks being needed. More people committing suicide these days due to a pathetic PIP system that is not fit for purpose. That's what i care about to be honest,that's more important isn't it? 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3501 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 15:17:56 »

Why? Our own government have put more of our own people on the streets and led to more and more food banks being needed. More people committing suicide these days due to a pathetic PIP system that is not fit for purpose. That's what i care about to be honest,that's more important isn't it? 
Our government are just the standard mix of incompetents and nasty bastards. Trump represents the tip of a wave of anti-democratic far-right populism sweeping the West that represents a genuine danger to Western democracy. That's a bigger threat IMO. And if you don't think that's relevant to us, look at the links between Trump's backers, the Russians, our own far right groups, and the likes of Johnson and Farage. They're all promoting/pushing each other.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3502 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 11:30:52 »

The Brexit situation has got even more interesting in the last 10 days or so.

May got her Chequers fudge, but that was soon kicked into touch by the EU.... I can only assume, it was a gambit, to blame the likely no deal onto the EU.

As regards no deal Mogg, says it'll be fine whilst at the same time setting up another company in Ireland. Well fine, but there will be a short term hit.... the length of short term debatable, but 50 years mentioned.

The Irish PM says that there will be no use of Irish airspace, for UK flights to the US....  the UK boss of Amazon says there will be civil unrest and a government organistion recommends, they stock up on tin foods to weather the fall out.

I posted a while back of the logic of out meaning out, therefore if the consequences are dire we'll just have to get on with it, take the hits and seize the opportunity to re-order society.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3503 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 11:43:05 »

Our politicians just make sure we all keep on winning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44926447

I often wondered what it would be like to live in a corrupt Banana Republic, now we all know.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3504 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:26:56 »

The Brexit situation has got even more interesting in the last 10 days or so.

May got her Chequers fudge, but that was soon kicked into touch by the EU.... I can only assume, it was a gambit, to blame the likely no deal onto the EU.

As regards no deal Mogg, says it'll be fine whilst at the same time setting up another company in Ireland. Well fine, but there will be a short term hit.... the length of short term debatable, but 50 years mentioned.

The Irish PM says that there will be no use of Irish airspace, for UK flights to the US....  the UK boss of Amazon says there will be civil unrest and a government organistion recommends, they stock up on tin foods to weather the fall out.

I posted a while back of the logic of out meaning out, therefore if the consequences are dire we'll just have to get on with it, take the hits and seize the opportunity to re-order society.

But we still get blue passports, right?

Win.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3505 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:30:31 »

You're all missing the key point here which is that Rees-Mogg and Philip May's offshore companies will make a fuck-ton of money out of the whole scam. So what if a few peasants starve, small price to pay
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3506 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:35:49 »

You're all missing the key point here which is that Rees-Mogg and Philip May's offshore companies will make a fuck-ton of money out of the whole scam. So what if a few peasants starve, small price to pay

No doubt, but I am struggling a bit to understand how, I was musing on this very point when I was out on my bike the other day?

There are a lot of people who stand to gain if currencies and markets do the unexpected things, hence Soros on Black Monday and Farage's mates in 2016 which merely illustrated that a lot of this is to do with making shadowy backers big money whilst ignoring the effects on us plebs.

Now JRM, Farage etc have lots of business interests and mates who work in disruptive capital, betting on market changes, yet by creating this mess and pushing for the most damaging economic brexit possible it seems fairly well accepted by economists that come next March the pound and the UK markets (at the very least) are going to take an absolute hammering (albeit short term/long term who knows) but that's fairly well programmed and thus banks/governments etc are preparing for that, so where is the opportunity to make cash as you are essentially backing a dead cert with rubbish odds?

However, what if (following the model Farage used in June 2016) the markets are steered to set themselves up for an absolute shit storm and then something changes at the last minute to instead cause an entirely unexpected upturn in the markets, someone could make a killing on that? JRM, Farage, Johnson and Gove have got to gain something out of this, their political careers are going down the shitter so it must be a financial benefit they are after - whats odds the hardliners have an Epiphany about a week before the big day - once the market positions are taken obviously?

« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:39:00 by horlock07 » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3507 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:38:20 »

No doubt, but I am struggling a bit to understand how?

By moving their capital out of the UK (this part has already started) and then hoovering up capital assets on the cheap when the UK economy crashes.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3508 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:41:18 »

By moving their capital out of the UK (this part has already started) and then hoovering up capital assets on the cheap when the UK economy crashes.

Possibly so, but that just doesn't seem a big enough carrot or a closed enough market for all this hassle as they will be battling with the middle and far east governments (who have considerably deeper pockets) for any assets which will have diminished potential if the UK is reduced to basket case status?
Sir red ken

« Reply #3509 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 16:27:26 »

Possibly so, but that just doesn't seem a big enough carrot or a closed enough market for all this hassle as they will be battling with the middle and far east governments (who have considerably deeper pockets) for any assets which will have diminished potential if the UK is reduced to basket case status?
Is that going to happen after the emergency budget if we voted to leave, or before the 5 million job losses that never happenend. That giant Wolf from Norway hasn't arrived to eat us all and we're 2 years down the road since the vote to leave. Still the great brainwashed keep talking the UK down, the only thing remain can offer is project fear parts 3,1,7, and 19 (diane abbott is adding up the project fear numbers). Why keep spouting what the EU elite keep telling you, all those remain politicians are receiving EU funding,which is why they want the public to keep paying.FFS form your own reasoned oppions, not Sky news, the bbc or the guardian's.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: